Preview Round 20 v Hawthorn - 150th Anniversary celebration game

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought that was noticeable yesterday.

He's a warrior mate, but he's a slightly slow one at the moment, and his frustration is noticeable. He wants to smash campaigners, he LIVES to smash campaigners.

However, if we can close down the oppositions space, I have no doubt that he can bring out the full metal jacket cruise missile again.

It's all about symbiosis. 2-3 more players causing pressure on the opposition overlap, and all of a sudden our grunts become seriously valuable assets.

Simpson exposed us magnificently yesterday, and there wasn't a thing we could do about it. I thought most of the boys battled on bravely regardless.

Looking forward to this one. Need to pull out something special given yesterday's sluggish effort. For those who remember the 125th birthday match against Collingwood in 1994, I hope we get something like that. Trailed by 6 goals during the second quarter but won by 6 goals in front of what is still the largest home game crowd ever for NMFC. All without Carey, who was suspended for whacking Fitzroy's Peter Sartori.

I've won Premiership Club seats for Friday and will be presenting the match ball so here's hoping for a win as good as the one in 1994.

To be honest I can’t see us winning

Our entire midfield is cooked and sore

Shaw is probably trying to get blood out of stone to get their pressure numbers up.

All this bullshit about this pressure game not being sustainable is a moot point. If the players are fit there is no reason why you can’t run and chase all year and still apply pressure without tackles

We are at the end of our run 5 weeks early, even Taz is cooked. Played one of his worst games for the year. We need a full pre-season, different training strategies, some of our players back we’ve missed (EVW etc.)

I don’t get the reference? Collingwood barely travel?

They don't travel much but, to their credit, when they do they generally go OK. The Giants fixed them up, but they've won in Perth and Sydney, and thrashed the Lions at the Gabba. They also caned the Crows in Adelaide last year.

Have to say that although we beat Freo over there last year, our efforts over several seasons in Perth and Adelaide, have been relatively, well, timid.

To be honest I can’t see us winning

Our entire midfield is cooked and sore

Shaw is probably trying to get blood out of stone to get their pressure numbers up.

All this bulls**t about this pressure game not being sustainable is a moot point. If the players are fit there is no reason why you can’t run and chase all year and still apply pressure without tackles

We are at the end of our run 5 weeks early, even Taz is cooked. Played one of his worst games for the year. We need a full pre-season, different training strategies, some of our players back we’ve missed (EVW etc.)
I think as other have already alluded to it is about getting the blend of hard hitting bulls and spread types right. When we are on we will physically bash sides but we when aren't, torched on the spread.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Campbell and the Hosemiester surely get a game next Friday ?

Would hope we have a few tricks up our sleeves given the amount of travel over the last few weeks. Feels to me that Turner was an acknowledgement of this but we'll need more than him in.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking forward to this one. Need to pull out something special given yesterday's sluggish effort. For those who remember the 125th birthday match against Collingwood in 1994, I hope we get something like that. Trailed by 6 goals during the second quarter but won by 6 goals in front of what is still the largest home game crowd ever for NMFC. All without Carey, who was suspended for whacking Fitzroy's Peter Sartori.

I've won Premiership Club seats for Friday and will be presenting the match ball so here's hoping for a win as good as the one in 1994.
Good stuff mate, much deserved.

Awesome.

We also regularly play fewer players than most other clubs, hence we are spent at this time most years.

Yep. Worst thing is that we've never seemed willing to rotate even the "squad" players. The Brad Scott era was fixated on a best 22 without any thought for pushing fresh legs through the team.

OUT: Garner, Larkey (Rest), Atley
IN: Hosie, Turner, Taylor.

My kingdom for a quality small forward. I think Hosie has done enough in the VFL to warrant a look at him.

Don't care that we are done for the year, really want to win this one, and win it well if at all possible. This club has bullied us over the years, and any chance to get one over them would be pleasing. Their supporters really s**t me as well. Either bandwagon glory hunters, or even the real ones think their s**t doesn't stink.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back