Preview Round 20 v Hawthorn - 150th Anniversary celebration game

Remove this Banner Ad

Well that's got me buggered, I wrote to Eugene Arocca before he left North (5-6 years ago)and said we should be organising something already for the members and planning a series of events to commemorate our great club. Euge basically told me while he admired my enthusiasm he thought I was getting a bit ahead of myself. Now the ning nongs who run the show have come out almost half way through the 150 anniversary year to tell us there will be a event in 9 weeks that will cost $350 a head, farrk I would need at least 6 months notice to save the $ just for me and my missus to go. I really can't help feeling if Euge was still here that a wider range of events would have been better planned that suited a wider range of budgets :(

They can bang it!

I can just see every parasite currently entrenched at Arden Street disgracing the event by utilizing it for their own non non football purposes. The removal of Scott changes nothing about this administration for me. I'll still be buying a 50 buck membership next year and that will be the extent of my support until this club returns to being an actual football club that embraces it's historical principles.

About bluddy time. Clearly they did not plan this until recently but have at least listened to us fans.
I will do my best to go there. Just like today, I got to southern NSW to be part of my old footy clubs 50th anniversary, something that was planned last year. We’ve done well at the BFC. 50 years old in staunch rugby league territory!

Mods - please change title to reflect the new news in case posters don't pick up on it given all the other stuff going on.

Clearly a last minute decision to have this function and the pricing is horrendous - nevertheless I will be there!

What we are saving on finals tickets can be spent on this.

They can bang it!

I can just see every parasite currently entrenched at Arden Street disgracing the event by utilizing it for their own non non football purposes. The removal of Scott changes nothing about this administration for me. I'll still be buying a 50 buck membership next year and that will be the extent of my support until this club returns to being an actual football club that embraces it's historical principles.
'Networking opportunites'

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

'Networking opportunites'

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

".........a list of North's greatest 150 players will be revealed"

I'm really looking forward to Kaitlyn Ashmore replacing Laurie Dwyer on the wing in the T.O.T.C.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pfft. $350. Get ******.
It's not a lot to pay to spend time with guys that have impacted us so much.

source.gif

Very embarrassing on Friday night when our next home game came up on the scoreboard was this game against the hawks.

10 bloody weeks away - what a joke
Yep. Round 11 just finished and we have 2 home games left in Melbourne. 2.
This is honestly the best time to jet off to Europe for two months and come back by August.

It’s s**t like this that hurts our membership aspirations.

4 games in Hobart is too much. Needs to be cut back.

150 out of 1020. About 14%. You wouldn't imagine that anyone with under 50 games would be a chance so their effectively picking from a field of 271.
It also includes VFA players of which there are at least 850.

It will be interesting to see how many VFA players make our best 150 of all time. You would think Charlie Hardy, Syd Barker Snr, Paddy Noonan and George Rawle would be almost certainties, and then you have other players such as Cass Hawkins, Steve Rolent, Pat Considine, Robert Sutcliffe, E.P Slater, Michael Londerigan, Albert Armstrong and Paddy Gardiner who all had long, successful careers and were well regarded at the time.

Last edited:
They can bang it!

You might be paying $50 for sometime to come unless we have 3 White Knights come to our club with a Wonder Women to make it better then everyone

Interested to know who's going to this and whether you have a spare seat on your table.

Not going as I don't trust the unicornians down there from politicising the night for their own purposes and ruining the event.

If I went and they named Emma Kearney as player 54, then there would be a serious "controversy".

Ye
This is honestly the best time to jet off to Europe for two months and come back by August.

It’s **** like this that hurts our membership aspirations.

Y

It’s **** like this that hurts our membership aspirations.

Yep the boss & I have decided to hook up the caravan & head up to the big red bash in Queensland for a few weeks, who knows we might have a game back in Melbourne by the time we return

Remove this Banner Ad

Back