Captains Round 20 VC/C

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I had Sicily, I would 100% VC him this week. No one else has his upside this week and you're potentially locking yourself into a 120 and leaving a 150+ on the table.

Taranto is a fine C option as a backup if you don't have Petracca. But to be honest, I don't see a world in which Sicily isn't going at least 120.

If you don't have Sicily, I'd center around Bont. Think he has good history vs GWS and is a super high upside player (just hasn't gone nuclear for a while). Also like Daicos and Stewart as VC options and Petracca as a captain against a Richmond midfield that can be leaky to bull inside mids like Tracs.

I won’t have a late VC loop, so will have to roll with the C on Sicily.

Means I probably just roll the VC into one of the more popular options to offset any risk - say, Daics - and then whack the C on Sicily.

But if Daics doesn’t go 150+ I think I will take the risk with SicDawg as the C. What do other owners have as the benchmark?

I won’t have a late VC loop, so will have to roll with the C on Sicily.

Means I probably just roll the VC into one of the more popular options to offset any risk - say, Daics - and then whack the C on Sicily.

But if Daics doesn’t go 150+ I think I will take the risk with SicDawg as the C. What do other owners have as the benchmark?
130 for me

Love you RTB, never change

This would make me much less keen to captain Sicily and would want to VC if possible.

I've updated my thinking and am actually thinking of doing Stewart into Josh Dunkley. Dunks went 153 against them earlier in the year, has a really high floor and looked back to his best in the second half against the Cats.

This would make me much less keen to captain Sicily and would want to VC if possible.

I've updated my thinking and am actually thinking of doing Stewart into Josh Dunkley. Dunks went 153 against them earlier in the year, has a really high floor and looked back to his best in the second half against the Cats.
Yeah I've got the C on Dunkley, the Suns give up scores to mid's and Brisbane are going to smash them. The only fly in the ointment is whether the Lions sub him out at 3QT when they are 60 points ahead.

VC is Daicos (he'll be daydreaming about those 3 points as we speak) or Stewart.

Last edited:
vc tenglish and captain either steel or sicdog for me unless its Kentstable, Roberts, Ginbey, Walsh, Laird or Ashcroft, tough to decide cant captain madden as hes in the same game

briggs is my R2 , tenglish is next level.

vc tenglish and captain either steel or sicdog for me unless its Kentstable, Roberts, Ginbey, Walsh, Laird or Ashcroft, tough to decide cant captain madden as hes in the same game

briggs is my R2 , tenglish is next level.
will Steele cop the Hawthorn tag? they seem to go after the distributor (probably Sinclair) but you never know.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Naicos a very safe but not the highest ceiling VC IMO and guessing he'll be a popular pick. Probably go outside the box with a VC of Stewart as he went crazy against Fremantle at KP last year. Probably like Dunks or Laird as a C this week for me

If Melbourne play Grundy after an intraclub and 1 VFL game then they clearly aren’t serious about truly educating him to play forward.

I’d they are serious about it he plays another 2 weeks in the VFL. Have to see good signs over a few weeks in my opinion.
maybe it’s just case of Max needing some help. he’s played huge minutes the last 2 weeks, all of it rucking.

If Yeo plays all my non players play either Friday night (Walsh, Binns and Harrison) or at 1.45pm on Saturday (O’Donnell and Madden), so I can only VC Daicos.

Hopefully Captain decision not required, but maybe Stewart or Dunks I reckon.

Have come around to Daicos VC now for a couple of reasons:

1. I can use Madden as loop, which means I can arrange my other loops to cover the whole ground, i.e. can loop Jeremy Cameron with Will Day via some inventive DPP magic.

2. I just can't see anyone in Carlton's team that can run with Daicos. Maybe they try something weird like Doc, but think he's a pretty safe bet to go 120+.

If he fails, still undecided between English and Dunkley. Hopefully can avoid the decision and lock an early VC in again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back