Review Round 20 vs Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Think we played well, unlucky at the death that Ollie misses a sitter and the highway robbery that was that review.

All you can do is throw your hands up in the air and say “well *”

We really needed that one honestly, but if we beat WCE and Collingwood we could still be OK. Gonna be very difficult to back it up against the Eagles though.

The biggest lie in the SA sporting landscape is both sides get themselves up for these games. It’s bullshit. Port has won once by 40+ since 2001, where as Adelaide has destroyed us multiple times in that period.

4th v 12th shouldn’t have been a contest, but Adelaide always rises for Showdowns where as we don’t (even the ones we win). When was the last time a Port showdown win would be amongst the best of the year (if it was against another opponent you’d call it one)?

Last edited:
September action is no longer likely despite a pretty decent performance

Pittard, Homsch and Bonner all nightmares with the footy
Rockcliff too easily beaten on occasions
Ollie with his SPray impersonation

The biggest difference between the sides was the crows willingness to work off the ball

Congrats to whichever mod deleted my thread for no reason. Glad to see that Wines’ kicking is in fact up to standard.

I'm not that annoyed
when there was a horrible set shot missed, a horrible review was the difference

hombsch not for a while

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We had the game TWICE on our hands in Q4, but we fumbled it. Full story.

I need to digest this further before getting into details, but the plot is simple: we were given the chance to win TWICE in the last quarter, but we blew it both times.

The decisions at the end were s**t, but like Carlton times 2 and numerous other games, we should never have been letting them in a position that could happen. We had the first two goals of the quarter and more rotations up our sleeves. To let Adelaide run over us is the side yet again panicking away a close game at the death.

Onwards and upwards though for 2019

Lienart has been good and probably replaces Pittard
Farrell demonstrates the value of having a shot
We need to test out Frampton and others before the year is through

not making the 8 will also force the review on the coaches box

We had the game TWICE on our hands in Q4, but we fumbled it. Full story.

I need to digest this further before getting into details, but the plot is simple: we were given the chance to win TWICE in the last quarter, but we blew it both times.
This is unfortunately Port Adelaide under Hinkley. We get a foot on the throat and instead of applying the pressure and crushing the opposition we go ‘ha! just kidding, stand up and you get a free swing at me whilst I hold my hands behind my back’.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back