Review Round 20 vs Melbourne @ Marvel Stadium (01.08.2021 @ 12:10pm)

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 11, 2006
Chermside
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
See Below
Goldcoast-vs-Melbourne.png

2021 AFL Season
Round 20
Gold Coast FC vs Melbourne Demons
Marvel Stadium, Docklands, Victoria
1st of August 2021 - 12:10pm - Australian Eastern Standard Time​

Last edited:

robo_1

Premiership Player
Nov 11, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Rankine needs a spell in the twos.. sexton Corbett and Ainsworth have had to go back and work hard I don’t think rankine should continually be carried hoping to get some form..

I’m not sure on Rowell he’s trying but either needs to be tried in a different position or a run in the twos a rest

Anderson also struggling since coming back clearly the couple weeks off with the hand injury and his hesitation in some contests to protect his hand still shows that probably shouldn’t be out there

Mar 14, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Las Vegas Bears
He is almost trying too hard. Tried to break too many tackles yesterday, don't mind him trying to take the game on though.
Least the confidence is back to try that, he was timid the first few games back now he is trying to rip the ball out of people's hands and break every tackle he gets. It's a good start in getting him back to form

Nov 17, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I could see some advantage in Rankine going back to VFL (but even then there's only 4 weeks to go)but not sure there's any point in Rowell and Anderson doing that
We know they can be where they need to be and they're doing that, it's being effective from the drop of the ball that is the next step
Hopefully some form will return over the next month

Mar 18, 2011
Everett
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
New England Patriots
Reality is we are running out of troops. With Lach still missing and now Oleg down we have crossed that tipping point. Just need to try and hang on.

I assume MacPherson comes in just to add some experience somewhere. Jeffrey too. Oleg and someone comes out.

Hopefully Day is healthy and Caleb can come out. Imagine what Gawn is going to do in the ruck with poor old Burgess late in quarters?

Southern Sun

Club Legend
Mar 6, 2020
AFL Club
Gold Coast
With markov out i would like to see rankine have a go at half back. He reminds me a bit of a young Andrew McLeod has some nice tricks but at half back McLeod won 2 norm smiths before becoming one of the best midfielders of his era. Put Jeffery up forward for the rest of the season and give izak a block of games down back.

Kick a Vic

Rookie
Sep 22, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
As of midnight tonight NT is removing Victoria and SA as COVID hotspots

I wonder if this game could find its way back to Darwin as it was originally scheduled. I think it was mentioned earlier this year that the broadcast equipment comes from QLD for the Darwin games so I’d imagine it would have to be on its way tomorrow to make it by Saturday

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mar 14, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Las Vegas Bears
With markov out i would like to see rankine have a go at half back. He reminds me a bit of a young Andrew McLeod has some nice tricks but at half back McLeod won 2 norm smiths before becoming one of the best midfielders of his era. Put Jeffery up forward for the rest of the season and give izak a block of games down back.
Great idea mate

Mar 24, 2007
melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Great news that Jeffery is in and Izak is dropped.
Well done Dew.
The ommission should have happened weeks ago. Lazy, only runs when a chance to kick goals. How about he start dong the simple things in footy first in the big time rather than flashy dumb big headed stuff he got away with in lesser grades. One good game in year and half iisnt good enough. Been carried for far too long.

Southern Sun

Club Legend
Mar 6, 2020
AFL Club
Gold Coast
So who comes in for markov? Does brodie hold his spot and just bring in new sub? McPherson? Means swallow more time back probably, which i dont mind but we lose some run from back there.

RowellAnderson12

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 4, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Max Verstappen, Pacers, DR3
So who comes in for markov? Does brodie hold his spot and just bring in new sub? McPherson? Means swallow more time back probably, which i dont mind but we lose some run from back there.
Logical replacement would be Lachie Weller. I'm sure Swallow will spend time back there, to allow Flanders/Anderson to progress

Remove this Banner Ad

Back