Autopsy Round 20 - West Coast def. Fremantle by 24 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi all, does anyone on here have the photo of Subans arm? the bite mark? I cant find it anywhere..

images

"just saw this on the purples board, a crows fan just said surely that's enough to rub anybody out:confused: Umm, I'm no doctor, but that looks like either some scar tissue over an old wound, or even some of that bandage spray stuff, if that's directly after it happened, then there is no way Masten "caused" the injury, perhaps contact with Mastens teeth made it bleed a little, but that other photo that's flying around that's so "damning" seems to be of the same spot, and looks pretty clear to me, that it's an existing injury."

:drunk:
Some people are obviously blind from post derby masturbation

Biting must be particularly hard to get your head around for our feathered friends - worse than the Solly incident by a mile. Delicious, given the immediate outcry following Silvagni's "run of the mill" elbow!

As long as we actually turn up against Norf and get the job the more I think about the more I'm not at all worried about losing this game.

Pre game those were my thoughts exactly.

Post game not so. We got a good old spanking from start to finish from a side missing a few of their good players, and they also had some injuries along the way too. We lacked discipline i.e. Silvagni and not paying respect to Hill when he was getting a few shots at goal. He may never do that against us again but he did it in this game and it was telling. Playing catch up footy for one quarter won't win many games against top 4 sides.

Unfortunately we are now in a position where we need to beat North this weekend or potentially have tricky situation where we may need to beat Port in Adelaide off a 6 day break to get top spot.

None of this is news to anyone on this board but more about how your (or mine at least) mindset can change with a loss.

Freo, please beat North this weekend!!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"just saw this on the purples board, a crows fan just said surely that's enough to rub anybody out:confused: Umm, I'm no doctor, but that looks like either some scar tissue over an old wound, or even some of that bandage spray stuff, if that's directly after it happened, then there is no way Masten "caused" the injury, perhaps contact with Mastens teeth made it bleed a little, but that other photo that's flying around that's so "damning" seems to be of the same spot, and looks pretty clear to me, that it's an existing injury."

:drunk:
Some people are obviously blind from post derby masturbation

Thanks for quoting me again mate, although you should have really put my name to it! Same argument, different thread, so I'll ask you again, what is the straight edge around Subans skin?? Do you really think that's not an existing injury, with a spray bandage over it? Otherwise Masten has the weirdest, & straightest mouth & teeth I've ever seen!!

Thanks, but I'm not sure what to make of it.

Says a bit, but not much at the same time. One thing it illustrates is that it's not simply that "we were pushed off the ball in the first few bounces". We weren't really, Sandi was not tapping to the mids advantage early on (whether our elite set or our '2nd tier' set). We didn't seem that organised in the middle despite probably being our most advantageous area. That became indicative of how we played the first 1/4 overall really. Not all bad, but not totally switched on, crisp and 'elite'. Conversely Eagles took pretty much every trick.

Also points to the fact that it's not simply 'if Suban wasn't there ...' type argument. It's far more complex than that. Suban was pretty good in the tight stuff, he usually is - he was very ordinary in open play though, but so was Hill once or twice. He directly, via FK to Yeo from very poor tackling technique, and indirectly, off a turnover off his boot, lead to 2 of the Eagles 1st quarter goals. But did he cost us the game? No, he was probably our BOG.

On replay, even SCOS who I felt had a terrible game watching live, was not that bad, he did some nice things actually. But he also had a couple of key 'moments' and it cost us. Spurr indirectly was one of these. Silva is going to clear defensively mark it after working his man nicely under the ball, Spurr comes and spoils terribly and unnecessarily right into Yeo's hands which leads to the above mentioned Hill high tackle. It was just not 'sharp', organised footy.

The longer the game went, the better all that stuff got - and it reminded me at least that we do have it, but you've got to bring it from the get go and be able/willing to bring it for the whole game when you're playing the really good teams.

Thanks for quoting me again mate, although you should have really put my name to it! Same argument, different thread, so I'll ask you again, what is the straight edge around Subans skin?? Do you really think that's not an existing injury, with a spray bandage over it? Otherwise Masten has the weirdest, & straightest mouth & teeth I've ever seen!!

Best left for the tribunal to determine I would say.

But I would be nervous if I was you because the AFL have already conducted an initial inquiry on the incident to determine whether it was worth taking to the tribunal and it was deemed that it was. Now I am only guessing this next bit but if there was no actual wound I reckon they would not have gone to the tribunal and that would have been fair enough.

We will find out today after the tribunal hearing. Suban is no boomer harvey and with the seriousness of a bite, I expect Suban to tell truth IF Masten didn't bite him.

About whether it looks like a bite mark or not, I dunno. I have never bitten or been bitten by anyone before :)

You can pretty much guarantee every game that Suban plays he will give a way a free kick inside both 50's. Coaches should drop him simply for that stat alone.

Mate you are delusional. Masten bit Suban, just ask the tribunal. THE END.

Mate you are delusional. Masten bit Suban, just ask the tribunal. THE END.

Maybe not the end, if they appeal!! I'll agree that he likely did bite him, after hearing his evidence and responses. To be fair none of us had hear from him, or what his argument or even plea would be. I gave him the benefit of the doubt, and to me, in those pics it looked like Suban had an existing injury on his arm. That never came up so I must have been imagining things. If so, he's probably lucky to only get 2, but I guess his argument was good enough to convince them he had some sort of reason or natural reaction to someone putting an arm in/near his mouth.

Either way it was a silly thing to do, which I'll happily admit, after hearing the evidence, he did do.

So we lost, but we've lost one player stupidly to suspension.
Slime : Have lost Schofield, Meateater, Lycett(pcl), and Cripps probably (concussion).
We got a high intensity game where we were behind from the start to two of our most important players : fyfe & Johnson.
Ladder possies haven't changed, we're better off.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back