Game Day Round 2023 Round 21 Discussion - Celebrate Buddy Franklin!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Well, League Finals are upon us .....for all those who have managed to scale the ladders of mediocrity, we congratulate you

For all Coaches of Finals teams this week ....we wish you the best of luck
I think I speak on behalf of all non-finalists

Celebration Sad.gif

Now for those Coaches at the pointy end of rankings ......nervous times
Injuries, suspensions, and "being managed" are all speed humps everyone is trying to avoid

Some big games this week .....Finals deciding games ....really looking forward to it

WB v RICH
If you're using your (VC) in this game, you have a myriad of choices ......does English backup with another monster score, or does Nank back blunt his potential ?
The Bont, surely will have a big game ......and it is a Finals deciding game .....this is a mini-final
The Capt IMO will step up to the plate .....particularly given the mediocre form of Taranto of late

ESS v WCE
🤣 ESS to sneak home in a classic battle .......oh who am I kidding
My (VC) goes on Merrett

ADEL v GCS
Home ground advantage may sway this game to the Crows ......that said, our KPD's have a total of 1 game of experience
Laird plays :padlock: .....no different to last week, where he scored 129 .....if anything, non contact training at the end of the season, probably freshens him up
Expect a big game from Dawson .....and a tagging role by Keays on Anderson IMO
My boy Powell is having a standout back-end of the season & sits comfortably at my D6

HAW v COLL
This won't be a cake walk .....I've admired the efforts HAW have put in this year, this game will be closer than some expect
Cameron to have a tough day at the office against Meek, who I like alot

You'd imagine a Maginniss tag on Naicos .....so I'm leaving him alone for the (C)

GEEL v PORT
Geelong at home will be too good for a defenseless Port .....who are looking at 4 losses on the trot

Personally, I thought the Port Dr was correct ......it was simply a glancing blow by Allir .....with the 2 Port players staging for free kicks ....play-on

head-bump-fight.gif
nothing to see here.gif

Will Butters and Rozee have enough space at GMHBA Stadium to threaten Geelong .....lose this game, and could be no Finals for GEEL this year

GWS v SYD
Mills has been a disgrace !!!!! ......now I feel better for saying it

Now you have your big fat Contract ......Himmelberg, start doing something to earn it

Cogs in good form .....Gulden in even better form ......toss up for the (C) Gulden or Dawson ?

MELB v NORTH
UGLY !

Congratulations (I think) to Gawn owners .....surely Melb don't use this game to bring Grundy back ?

Popcorn George Seinfeld.gif

SAINTS v CARL
Both sides are not locked in the Finals yet .....yet another big game

Steele v Cripps v Sinclair v Docherty ......mouth watering
All the naysayers on Marshall last week, turned out to be a false alarm .....surely another big game for Marshall coming up

FREO v BRIS
I'm so over Neale .....lets me down at crucial times, all the time ....gee, I'm sounding like Anchorman now
Which Freo turns up this week .....the season version, or the Geel version ?

For all Coaches, whether you're playing League Finals .....or at the pointy end of rankings ......I wish you well !

Al Bundy-lets-rock.gif

Last edited:

Via the Drury non-playing DPP loop, I can just put Mills and Jezza as emergencies this week and pick whoever scores higher.

Should be able to scrape a 55 out of one of them :rainbow:

Is it worth looping Mills and Windy?

Opponent in cashy has Mills as well and no trades/loop options was speaking to him this week and he spilt his guts on his team

I am looking at looping them, don't trust Mills after serving up that putrid 50 last week.

With the below set up and the news that Yeo will be back in the starting 22, would you move Will Day to mids and loop him with Taryn Thomas, or just play Day and Thomas? Means starting Yeo, as I can't loop Yeo and Day with the Bulldogs playing Friday night.

Yeo v Essendon at Marvel and Thomas v Melbourne in Hobart.

1691029701391.png

Is it worth looping Mills and Windy?

Opponent in cashy has Mills as well and no trades/loop options was speaking to him this week and he spilt his guts on his team
Absolutely .....about time Mills put his big boy pants on !

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rough 😥
Can't stand the little *er, to be honest, but if Touk really did go the squirrel grip, he probably does deserve a week or two.
And Australian of the Year.
Whinging little pig *er.

Last edited:
With the below set up and the news that Yeo will be back in the starting 22, would you move Will Day to mids and loop him with Taryn Thomas, or just play Day and Thomas? Means starting Yeo, as I can't loop Yeo and Day with the Bulldogs playing Friday night.

Yeo v Essendon at Marvel and Thomas v Melbourne in Hobart.

View attachment 1763380

I am trading Thomas out before he plays Melbourne in Hobart.

Still more reliable than Yeo though, good luck.

Ahh, did Scoops walk straight into a pun?
Scoops being openly mocked now, rock bottom.
The name Scoops used to install awe and fear.
I would never dis Scoops. Said BF SC poster is impacted...according to his response in the injuries and suspensions thread

No outs which is great.

VC Bontempelli into C Dawson

Three free hits
Looping Day vs Sheezel via Gilbee
Looping Mills vs Hewett via Harvey
Looping Taranto vs Himmelberg via Sinn

IMG_1775.jpeg

Shannon Hurn out - managed

What Is It Reaction GIF by Nebraska Humane Society

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad