Preview Round 21 – GWS Giants vs Adelaide Crows, Saturday 11th August 2018, UNSW Canberra Oval, 7.25pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Some nice ins and some bad outs.
7f9e1e24e6387d5ad0c1c18cf31aad6a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

GIANTS v Adelaide Crows
Saturday, August 11 at 7:25pm
UNSW Canberra Oval
FB: Nick Haynes, Phil Davis, Adam Kennedy
HB: Sam Reid, Adam Tomlinson, Matt Buntine
C: Lachie Whitfield, Callan Ward, Josh Kelly
HF: Tim Taranto, Harry Himmelberg, Jacob Hopper
FF: Zac Langdon, Jeremy Cameron, Aiden Bonar
RR: Rory Lobb, Stephen Coniglio, Dylan Shiel

Interchange: Heath Shaw, Brent Daniels, Matt de Boer, Ryan Griffen

In: Dylan Shiel, Tim Taranto, Sam Reid, Ryan Griffen
Out: Dawson Simpson (ankle), Toby Greene (hamstring), Sam Taylor (hamstring), Brett Deledio (calf)

Emergencies: Lachlan Keeffe, Jeremy Finlayson, Daniel Lloyd, Dylan Buckley

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Looks like the four injuries will be definite outs then.

Shiel and Taranto in for Greene and Deledio, that's easy.
Given Corr is still a week away, Tomlinson probably gets pushed back for Taylor and we bring back in Reid.
Lobb goes into the ruck for Dawson, HH does chop outs - Griffen comes in to the forward line.

Assuming they all pass their tests. There's very limited options in the reserves unless we bring in Keeffe or Finlayson as a role player.

Nailed it! :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Taking into account the injuries it is a strong team and interested in how Shiel performs after the week off and with a lower output since the bye I feel if he gets back to his best it will go along way to getting the team through the finals

Will be interesting to see how we use our back line differently. Maybe buntine will be asked to play more of a shut down role that Taylor has been playing? Personally I think that’s more his strength than trying to set up attack off the half back line

Crows playing a small team only 5 players over 193 in Keath, Walker, Jenkins, Lynch and Jacobs so interesting in how they match up defensively with Keath playing on one of Cameron/HH and Cheney or Smith taking the other with Doedee playing the intercept role maybe?
Good to see Bonar and Daniels stay in and hopefully they can add to the goals tally and looking forward to seeing Kennedy as he has bought so much to the team since his inclusion

Crows playing a small team only 5 players over 193 in Keath, Walker, Jenkins, Lynch and Jacobs so interesting in how they match up defensively with Keath playing on one of Cameron/HH and Cheney or Smith taking the other with Doedee playing the intercept role maybe?
Good to see Bonar and Daniels stay in and hopefully they can add to the goals tally and looking forward to seeing Kennedy as he has bought so much to the team since his inclusion
Adelaide are in better form than they were when we beat them in Adelaide, but so are we. Are there any tickets left, or is it sold out.

Totally agree re Kennedy inclusion

Really
Has made an impact off half back since returning

The amazing adaptability of Adam Tomlinson continues. Without Corr or Taylor, he now gets Jenkins in a really pivotal match-up. From ruck, to wing to CHF and CHB, I can't think of many other players in similar mould. Maybe Gunston at Hawthorn, Westhoff at Port. Tommo a great club man.

I think with Patton being injured the worth to the team of Tomlinson has skyrocketed and I think also he has matured into his role more this season, it would be interesting to see what his favourite position on the field is now

I think with Patton being injured the worth to the team of Tomlinson has skyrocketed and I think also he has matured into his role more this season, it would be interesting to see what his favourite position on the field is now
I've seen him say he prefers to be allowed to run, so not KPD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back