Preview Round 21 – GWS Giants vs Hawthorn, Friday 9th August, UNSW Canberra Oval, 7.50pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 8, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
LA Angels
Forecast looks superb for Friday night and my Canberra Giants debut....

Min 0 Max 8. Chance of rain 95%

Ichabod Noodle

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 13, 2011
The Riff
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Raiders, Brumbies
Forecast looks superb for Friday night and my Canberra Giants debut....

Only 0?

Luxury

Mar 8, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
LA Angels
I'm looking at ticketek right now and adult tickets on the hill are $70. That's just ridiculous. Some upper wing tickets for $100...

Is this a strategy to get non-member fans to sign up for memberships rather than buying GA tickets sparingly throughout the season?
I get in as GA with my membership however need to get my partner in. She's up for $40 just to get into the ground to stand behind the goals (compared to $27 for Melb games).

Then if you want to sit down it starts at $60 a seat. Hard to imagine a more expensive football code event for a H&A game.

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
I get in as GA with my membership however need to get my partner in. She's up for $40 just to get into the ground to stand behind the goals (compared to $27 for Melb games).

Then if you want to sit down it starts at $60 a seat. Hard to imagine a more expensive football code event for a H&A game.
It's ridiculous when you look attacker prices for NRL and A-League games.

We have been usually pretty good but this year they have dropped the ball.

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
this game will be hard to pick with the 6 day break and missing players it will be hard for some of them to back up but if the club wants to be a threat it finals it needs to make a statement and seek retribution for earlier in the year
Another interesting week at team selection and it would be good if the NEAFL byes coincided with Perth or Adelaide away trips, I am hoping several players come off the injury list but Cameron and Kelly the only real direct ins as I think MDB will need another week and with the cautious approach of the club it wouldnt surprise me that only one of them comes in for this game. I think Idun in was a need and although he wasnt overawed by the occasion I think Kennedy will slot back in to the defence/wing role, Stein and Keefe to stay in to allow Williams and Kennedy to rotate through the midfield and I hope Bonar stays in to show us what he can do and it wouldnt surprise me to see a player to be out due to a minor injury/general soreness as the ones that have played every game may be carrying things the club wants to fix up before finals

My team
Shaw Davis Haynes
Williams Keefe Reid
Whitfield Taranto Kelly
Deledio Cameron TOJ
Hill HH Daniels
Mumford Greene Hopper
Tomlinson Perryman Kennedy Stein/Bonar/Hately

Bay Giant

All Australian
Jun 20, 2019
AFL Club
GWS

The $55 membership which gets access to the Bulldogs game any value?

Anyone here not working on Friday and want to join me at the Canberra Races Friday afternoon prior to the game, the races are free entry and being inside all day in the warmth of the betting ring isn't the worst way to spend a day before the footy.

gee whiz giant

All Australian
Mar 3, 2014
CBR
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
the Toffees, the Bays.

A thermal t-shirt underlayer does the trick, your Giants issue beanie, maybe a long coat so your butt doesn't freeze. Forecasting hail.
Warm up after at the Public in Franklin Street

Bay Giant

All Australian
Jun 20, 2019
AFL Club
GWS
A thermal t-shirt underlayer does the trick, your Giants issue beanie, maybe a long coat so your butt doesn't freeze. Forecasting hail.

Hahahahaha seriously?

Man I"m getting fried by the wife if I drag her to Canberra to stand in the hail.

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
MDB, Kelly and Jezza all have to pass a test to play this Friday.

Screenshot_20190806-182349_GWS%20Giants.jpeg

Mar 8, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
LA Angels
That's what I like - a local bar tip.

If the boys are well up at 3QT that's where I'll be heading :thumbsu:

Giant Pete

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 17, 2013
AFL Club
GWS
If DeBoer and Kelly pass fitness I reckon these should be our ins:
kelly
Deboer
Cameron
Kennedy

Hawks experience is their biggest weapon. These ins will negate that.

That's what I like - a local bar tip.

If the boys are well up at 3QT that's where I'll be heading :thumbsu:
If you're staying in the CBD head to Bentspoke. Trust me.

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
The team definitely needs an addition of experience and hopefully 2 of the 3 potential big inclusions can get up but with the conservative injury approach it will be interesting to see who is named
last game out the Hawks only had 4 sub 50 game players and 12 over 150 (not including Henderson who plays game 150 this week)
v for the Giants 8 sub 50 and and 4 over 150 although there was 4 between 100-150 from the 1st 2 years of the club so I can see the Hawks definitely having the experience all over the park even with the expected loss of Birchall

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Coming into finals interesting to see who on the list has played in the 16/17 prelim finals and I see 12 from the 16 and 15 from the 17 prelims and not including Ward but I have included Coniglio so hopefully the experience is back in the team for September

Hi Guys,
Apologies for asking the question here but I couldn't see a thread for AFL Fantasy questions (I might just be blind)

If Josh Kelly does return this week, will this means less midfield time for Zac Williams or Toby Greene?
Thanks

Danny88

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Hi Guys,
Apologies for asking the question here but I couldn't see a thread for AFL Fantasy questions (I might just be blind)

If Josh Kelly does return this week, will this means less midfield time for Zac Williams or Toby Greene?
Thanks
Yep I would think so

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
Which of Williams or Greene is more likely to spend less time in the middle? Or do you think it will be an even split?
Probably depends on the whole team, who they select. Without knowing that full team, I'd favour Williams probably starting back and hence the majority of the less time, but I suspect both will lose time in a broader rotation through the middle. Given their great stats recently, I'd be surprised if Leon completely reduced their time through the middle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back