Preview Round 21 – GWS Giants vs Hawthorn, Friday 9th August, UNSW Canberra Oval, 7.50pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Plenty of youth on both sides and it will be a very tough challenge for the Giants again and it looks like it will be a tackle/stoppage game so 2 rucks could work if Mumford doesnt give away too many frees
Hawks on average almost 1 year older at 26.1/25.3 and 25 games more on average at 124/98 but with 11 over 149 games and the Giants with 4 over 149 but with a further 6 over 100 and for the sub 20 games played the hawks have 4 and the Giants 4 as well
Surprised Shipley hasnt been named on the bench as this would be a good game for him to play with a heavy tackle game he would be in his element but maybe Bonar will spend some more time in the middle
Although the bookies have the Giants as firm favourites I am the opposite as i can see Clarkson out coaching Cameron to get the win in a tight game

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Plenty of youth on both sides and it will be a very tough challenge for the Giants again and it looks like it will be a tackle/stoppage game so 2 rucks could work if Mumford doesnt give away too many frees
Hawks on average almost 1 year older at 26.1/25.3 and 25 games more on average at 124/98 but with 11 over 149 games and the Giants with 4 over 149 but with a further 6 over 100 and for the sub 20 games played the hawks have 4 and the Giants 4 as well
Surprised Shipley hasnt been named on the bench as this would be a good game for him to play with a heavy tackle game he would be in his element but maybe Bonar will spend some more time in the middle
Although the bookies have the Giants as firm favourites I am the opposite as i can see Clarkson out coaching Cameron to get the win in a tight game
Cannot see how the bookies think we are favorite.

Anyone punter with half a mind will throw a lazy 50 on the Hawks.

Sep 8, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
GWS
The email article said Finalyson was a hamstring, Himmelberg was a calf, and de Boer and Kelly are certainties for next week - being held out this week as a precaution.

But basically we're f’ed this week.
I have slept on it and I actually think we Lose tonight. And possibly by a fair bit

Hawks beat us not that long ago, with our full forward line

I also don't think at such an important time of the season that we would rest both Harry and Finlayson at the same time. I think they are genuine injuries. Which would also no bear well for the next couple of weeks.

I cannot understand why the injury gods hate this club so much

Hawks by 30

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

99cents

Premiership Player
Dec 4, 2011
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Geelong Cats
Game Day.

Bit meh really. With acceptance that Cogs is going and the weakest team on paper we have had, I'm not expecting us to do much.

Hoping the cub re--signs Jezza and Whitfield early to get back on the front foot.

It's good not to be overconfident, but I will remind you that few if any has us defeating the magpies..

Sep 6, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Thunder
Game Day.

Bit meh really. With acceptance that Cogs is going and the weakest team on paper we have had, I'm not expecting us to do much.

Hoping the cub re--signs Jezza and Whitfield early to get back on the front foot.

Have you heard something about Coniglio?

It's good not to be overconfident, but I will remind you that few if any has us defeating the magpies..

Worst case then it'll be a pleasant surprise.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

gee whiz giant

All Australian
Mar 3, 2014
CBR
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
the Toffees, the Bays.
Love Himmelberg's game, will miss him tonight. Then again, I'll enjoy watching the Whitfield-Williams show.

Danny88

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Our midfield is still seriously good- if we can kick 80+ points we win IMO. It is a question of whether or not we can do that

The windy wet cold might help some of our contested ball winers like toranto, hopper and greene in the centre.

I kinda hope simpson is a late out in favour of sproule. What an opportunity for the lad

Dr Giant

Debutant
Aug 9, 2019
AFL Club
GWS
Sad about Cogs if it’s true, but agree I think that Resigning Jez and Lauchie are the priority

Tonight reminds me of the game a couple of years ago when it was really windy. Do like our chances because it will be a slogfest. Big chance for Bonar

Mar 8, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
LA Angels
Sad about Cogs if it’s true, but agree I think that Resigning Jez and Lauchie are the priority

Tonight reminds me of the game a couple of years ago when it was really windy. Do like our chances because it will be a slogfest. Big chance for Bonar
Agree good conditions for Bonar and also for a late Caldwell call up.

On the other hand not good news re Toby being sued (albeit relating back to 2014)...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back