Preview Round 21 – Western Bulldogs vs GWS Giants, Friday 11th August, 7.50pm, Etihad Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Great win.

Was having a deja Vue feeling in the second quarter that things were heading in the same direction as the tigers game, but the pleasing thing about this game is that we were able to readjust and fight off the dogs surge, and get back to playing our style of footy.

Cogs is such an important player for us. If Kelly wants to chase the cash elsewhere, we really need to think about rewarding Cogs and offering him that 5 year mega deal and locking him in.

Big Dawson was great. He and MDB have proven to be fantastic bargain pick ups.

Great win.

Was having a deja Vue feeling in the second quarter that things were heading in the same direction as the tigers game, but the pleasing thing about this game is that we were able to readjust and fight off the dogs surge, and get back to playing our style of footy.

Cogs is such an important player for us. If Kelly wants to chase the cash elsewhere, we really need to think about rewarding Cogs and offering him that 5 year mega deal and locking him in.

Big Dawson was great. He and MDB have proven to be fantastic bargain pick ups.
I noticed dogs running really hard in the 2nd qtr like it was their grand final. And for all their effort they still ended up behind us. After that little reward for large effort they were cooked. Only got 2 goals in second half I think.

The scary thing is we can still improve so much

Amusing how the Dogs bagged Simpson before the game.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
They wouldn't recognise a ruckman though, just a big bloke in opposition colours who taps the ball away from their mids.. They haven't had one since Minson in patches. English looks promising but he might have to go somewhere else to learn his craft.

Toby shouldn't go. Eyes on the ball, first to the ball. He's allowed to protect himself. They might change the rules as a result of it though.
Toby shouldn't go? If he doesn't get at least two weeks I will be surprised - could even be more. Players have a right to protect themselves agree but also have a duty of care. Why protect yourself with your foot raised up to head height. I have been watching footy for 50 years and can't remember ever seeing someone protect themselves in this manner for a handball. This could have knocked an eye out.
I love watching him play - he's a gun but he needs to pull his head in.

Toby shouldn't go? If he doesn't get at least two weeks I will be surprised - could even be more. Players have a right to protect themselves agree but also have a duty of care. Why protect yourself with your foot raised up to head height. I have been watching footy for 50 years and can't remember ever seeing someone protect themselves in this manner for a handball. This could have knocked an eye out.
Bullshit

Tobes eyes on the ball jumping straight up

The Mutt ran at Tobes and eyes on Tobes and not the ball. Chicken s**t playing for a free

Bullshit

Tobes eyes on the ball jumping straight up

The Mutt ran at Tobes and eyes on Tobes and not the ball. Chicken s**t playing for a free

And dalhaus started to drop coming in, obviously looking for a free or to tunnel him. Dalhaus was just stupid, and got a boot in the face for his stupidity.

Anyone know more about the beer pouring incident?

https://www.zerohanger.com/just-gia...693/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=AFL+Memes

Giants notify AFL of post-game incident involving Greene, Bulldogs fan
Stephen Marson
-
August 12, 2017 - 11:29 am

The GWS Giants have notified the AFL on Saturday morning of a post-game incident involving a Western Bulldogs fan and Giants forward Toby Greene.

It was alleged a Dogs fan poured beer over Greene as the Giants were exiting the field on Friday night, after their clash with the Dogs at Etihad Stadium.

The Giants have also asked broadcasters Channel Seven if they have coverage of the incident, which happened as Greene was walking up the race following his side’s 48-point win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If any team's "fans" were going to do something like that it would be this lot, their feral fringe supporters are worse than Freo's
Every club has their bad supporters. Some just have more than others.

I cant stand the majority of dogs supporters lately. Im not even remotely surprised at this incident

Every club has their bad supporters. Some just have more than others.

I cant stand the majority of dogs supporters lately. Im not even remotely surprised at this incident
Guessing you weren't at the PF or our game in Canberra this year then?

Guessing you weren't at the PF or our game in Canberra this year then?
Nah i have actually only been able to go to one of our games this year given im working in country W.A

And a couple of others we weren't playing. The fans over here are pretty feral regardless of who they play

Nah i have actually only been able to go to one of our games this year given im working in country W.A

And a couple of others we weren't playing. The fans over here are pretty feral regardless of who they play
I wasn't gaving a go. My personal exoerience at both of those games is their supporters are petty and nasty like no other club.
I've been to a crowded AO and the MCG for the Richmond game this year. At both Giants supporters were a very small minority but I was comfortable mixing with them by way of comparison.

I wasn't gaving a go. My personal exoerience at both of those games is their supporters are petty and nasty like no other club.
I've been to a crowded AO and the MCG for the Richmond game this year. At both Giants supporters were a very small minority but I was comfortable mixing with them by way of comparison.
Usually i have found as long as im not too close to the cheer squad i dont have too many issues. But it seems the luck of the draw as to where your seats are and who happens to be near you.

I have been surprised by collingwood fans several times. I have nt had a bad experience with their fans yet. Always had expected them to be some of the worst.

It wasn't head high when You consider Tobay is in the air.

I have been surprised by collingwood fans several times. I have not had a bad experience with their fans yet. Always had expected them to be some of the worst.
Off topic, but have had that bad experience with Pies fans. Was at the game a couple of years back when we almost rolled them at Spotless. Group of families from my son's footy team sitting together on the outer wing, barracking happily for GWS as they were leading & a female Pies fan behind us started challenging the mothers in our group to have a fight. WTF?

Still, I am firmly of the opinion that all clubs have their feral supporters and it's luck of the draw if you run into the bad ones.

Off topic, but have had that bad experience with Pies fans. Was at the game a couple of years back when we almost rolled them at Spotless. Group of families from my son's footy team sitting together on the outer wing, barracking happily for GWS as they were leading & a female Pies fan behind us started challenging the mothers in our group to have a fight. WTF?

Still, I am firmly of the opinion that all clubs have their feral supporters and it's luck of the draw if you run into the bad ones.

I am still waiting for the day i meet an arsehole supporter of university

Dahl just as guilty of a headbutt or contact below the knees according to the letter of the law, more so probably, I don't recall a kick to the head rule :p

Reality is if it wasn't Toby it could have easily been play on nothing to see hear, the umpires and umpiring department have already admitted they watch and rule on him specifically. The way the ball came in, and with players coming at him it's entirely possible he instinctively went into marking mode.

Regardless if the worst we become is a better faster version of Hawthorn's "unsociable" football you won't find too many here complain.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back