Toast Round 21 2000 on Fox at 2pm today

Remove this Banner Ad

Good opportunity to record it if you have Fox.

An all-time classic in Bulldogs history, one of our best wins. The Bummers were eventual premiers having lost ONE game all season - this one!

Terry Wallace was still the messiah at that stage.

Last edited:
Good opportunity to record it if you have Fox.

An all-time classic in Bulldogs history, one of our best wins. The Bummers were eventual premiers having lost ONE game all season - this one!

Terry Wallace was still the messiah at that stage.

I loved the spray that Johnno gave to John Barnes at the end of the game. Pure drama.

They didn’t mention Bubba’s goal after the final siren. No one was minding the mark and he just ran forward and popped it through. I’m not sure there’s even any footage of it.

That always bugged me. Just like Rooke’s needless goal after the siren in the 09 granny. It distorts the final score and closeness of the game when looking back in history. Percentage matters in round 21 though!

Still get a real buzz from this game. Must be top 5 of all time.

Watching the replay I yelled out loud when Bartlett took his mark,
and when Granty kicked the winner I was on my feet- Yesssss!

KM
The real gift of this game to the footy world is that it stopped the Bomber fans being permanently insufferable in boasting how they are the only side to go an entire season winning every game.

The fact that this defeat came at the hands of the much sneered at Bulldogs makes it even better. Sheedy has always held us in contempt and he would have been burning up inside.

Still get a real buzz from this game. Must be top 5 of all time.

Watching the replay I yelled out loud when Bartlett took his mark,
and when Granty kicked the winner I was on my feet- Yesssss!

KM
Bartlett's mark reminded me of Dickson's mark on Shaw in a more recent game ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back