Game Day Round 21, 2017: Hawthorn v North Melbourne, 3.20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we win today without injury then it will have been a great football weekend.

If I am being greedy would love to see TOB have another statement game.

I think we'd be keen to finsih the year off well and set ourselves up for next year. Last week we let ourselves down and really dropped off what we'd able to produce the last month which was disappointing. Finishing off strongly will bring a lot of confidence to the team, particularly the young guys going into next season.

I'd like a win over north but don't think it's going to be a walk in the park and it will be interesting to see how they do react now that it's effectively a dead rubber

Surely Brown is a late out which may make the job easier

Not a fan of Tassie games so could be tough watching as usual

Lordy - sounding buoyant today aren't I

Go Hawks

A smashing would be nice and for a few of the guys out of form or with the yips in front of goal to get amongst it. That said, I think it will be close and Hawks by 12pts.

I'm interested to see how the boys boumce back this week. They looked a bit lethargic against the Tiggers do hopefully they can muster three more good efforts to finish the season

Finals have never really been realistic in my mind so I'm more than happy to see continued individual and team improvement

It'll be very nice to have the general back for that guidance and direction.
Hopefully some solid games from those who've been a bit quiet lately
Also terrific to see Miles retain his spot. I thought he did okay last week

C'mon you Hawks!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully we play the season out strong. Not just because there remains a sliver of hope for finals, but because that's the culture we need to maintain.

Also respect for the fans who turn up to support them, and the older guys who are retiring at seasons end.

Hopefully we play the season out strong. Not just because there remains a sliver of hope for finals, but because that's the culture we need to maintain.

Also respect for the fans who turn up to support them, and the older guys who are retiring at seasons end.
Clarko's teams have always pushed hard to the end. Cost ourselves a better draft pick at the end of 05 and 06 from memory by winning late games that we could have tanked against other lowly ranked sides

All I ask for is some forward structure.

Forward structure =/= high bombs to nooneinparticular hoping that a roving small forward who currently doesn't exist can scrap a goal.
Forward structure? It's a bit late in the year to start talking about that, isn't it?

Likely to be a scrappy frustrating game. North always seem to lift when they play us. They often treat these games like a GF whereas we treat them like the insignificant whinging, minnows they are.

Cunnington and Ziebell have been quite effective at winning clearances in the games I've seen. Their backline loves to run and carry so hopefully we've learnt from last week. If Tarrant and Thompson take mark after mark it will be frustrating.

Dimma with first crack at Higgins and Brand to Brown. Hopefully Hodgey acts as a space blocker for Brown as he will have to kick a bag for them to have any chance.

Think it will be tight for 2-2.5 quarters then we will wear them down.

Go Hawks.

What are we going to do if Langers hits his straps and kicks 4?
Cheer
In all honesty I'd like to see him not take so long lining up and thinking about it. Just lead up, take mark (he does this well) turn around at the top of the mark and just get on with it, don't want to see him suck in ten deep ones and let the demons in. Just do it man.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back