Autopsy Round 21. 2017. Sydney vs Freo

Remove this Banner Ad

KJ is heading into some top form

Hanners is in an under every week , his commitment to get the ball first is 2nd to none

Melican is becoming such a good running defender

Macca still one the smartest and cleanest on the team

Rohan played higher and linked up well
Truly love your assessment of the game when you focus on the positives aspects mate, you're an astute observer.

Against weaker teams (like Freo and the Saints a few weeks back) we tend to play more corridor style football, high risk/reward stuff with a chain of handballs off halfback down the guts with players streaming down the middle. I could be wrong, but we don't tend to try stuff like that against better sides? We go a more conservative path, wider, seeking a ball in on the wing, and building down the flanks?

I might be miles off with this, just wondering if anyone else has noticed this?

Ha ha... not even close. Towers was easily our worst on ground.
Don't be bloody silly. Towers was very good. I believe in praising players if they play well and saying so if they don't. I just don't get the hate for players some of you express. If Jordan Foote had a good game I'd say so even if I do believe he lacks the requisite skills for AFL. Astounding.

On HUAWEI Y560-U23 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Against weaker teams (like Freo and the Saints a few weeks back) we tend to play more corridor style football, high risk/reward stuff with a chain of handballs off halfback down the guts with players streaming down the middle. I could be wrong, but we don't tend to try stuff like that against better sides? We go a more conservative path, wider, seeking a ball in on the wing, and building down the flanks?

Seem to play more from defence and move slower against better teams too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't be bloody silly. Towers was very good. I believe in praising players if they play well and saying so if they don't. I just don't get the hate for players some of you express. If Jordan Foote had a good game I'd say so even if I do believe he lacks the requisite skills for AFL. Astounding.

If fumbling, dropping chest marks and constantly turning the ball over = very well, give the man a Brownlow.

The better teams don't give us the time to go through the corridor at every opportunity as they defend better & shut down our space. But when we are playing well we do it to our opposition too.

If fumbling, dropping chest marks and constantly turning the ball over = very well, give the man a Brownlow.
His intensity was good. KJ, Hannas, Smithy, Heens all turned the ball over, less so Heens but a couple of times. Even Lloydy turns the ball over occasionally. As to fumbles and dropped marks Tippet gas to be seen as one of the worst at this. He dropped an easy mark against a smaller opponent, it was a gimme, unforgivable for a tall. He fumbled all day. But I still think he put in and so did Towers.

Let's fave it Towers is just your whipping boy. It would not matter how well he played, like a few weeks ago when he got 29, you would still find fault.

Towers on replay tries to copy rohan a bit, both like to leap into a mark, rohan takes them though, deano went ok again, would be unlucky not to stay in
Pound for pound, dollar for dollar, at this point in the season, I am happy with where Deano is at. He makes errors as do others & as I've said before, the minute someone else steps up to the plate to cover all the roles he covers in our team, Deano will be out.

Now Deano is a two way runner, can take contested marks both back & forward with his exceptional leap, can also pinch hit in the ruck.
The minute he does more bad than good on a regular basis, then he will struggle to hold his spot.
I am comfortable with Dean in our team.

His intensity was good. KJ, Hannas, Smithy, Heens all turned the ball over, less so Heens but a couple of times. Even Lloydy turns the ball over occasionally. As to fumbles and dropped marks Tippet gas to be seen as one of the worst at this. He dropped an easy mark against a smaller opponent, it was a gimme, unforgivable for a tall. He fumbled all day. But I still think he put in and so did Towers.

Let's fave it Towers is just your whipping boy. It would not matter how well he played, like a few weeks ago when he got 29, you would still find fault.

Sorry, this is not a personal vandetta. I think Towers played well earlier in the season and paid him his dues. But his past 3-4 weeks have been substandard and it's time he was dropped. Effort doesn't cut it with his age and experience. And Tippett gave a far better account of himself up forward and in the middle. He presented all day, kicked a few goals and was the leading tackler at half time. Seriously do some people watch the same game as I do?

Good teams try to claim that inside territory.

We've played more inside - especially post 2012.

When we go the long way around things are not going as well as we'd like. Especially if opposing pressure gets us trying to play a short possession game.

There's only one way to win the corridor. The mids need to turn up. Over-possessimg and walking into tacklers kills that pretty quick - something the Hawks have done to us for years.

I like his intensity, and love his running pick the ball off the ground ability but if only he could improve his kicking.

Parker and Hanners are ******* awesome. When they are at or near their best they are top 10 players in the comp.

Not surprising the media made this victory so much about Buddy. Yeah he was good but we had 11 other goalkickers and he'd be lucky to get a Brownlow vote in my eyes.

Heeney, Hewett and Lloyd are just so reliable. Even when Hewett has a 14-15 possession game everything feels composed and clean.

Tippett and Sinclair meh. I've given up on us ever having a dominant big guy so i'll just take their bad with their good. I'd give em all away and just play Aliir as ruck tbh. Will never be dominant but just having him on the field makes us better IMO.

Sir Dane was outstanding but * our back line had another holiday for a second week in a row. Let genuine spuds like Taberner and McCarthy out body them, but i'll put it down to a touch of laziness. Can't afford that against Adelaide though.

Glad we were pretty much ruthless right to the end, when we are at our best we just look miles ahead of our opponents

Ps when is the AFL going to give up on Fremantle? I'm only in my 20's yet i feel certain I will never see a Freo premiership in my lifetime. The other one man Perth team can piss off too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back