Autopsy Round 21. 2017. Sydney vs Freo

Remove this Banner Ad

True, though Reid went down in that final and we had brandon jack in, buddy out, an average towers playing etc and they just won at home

Thats their claim to fame a minor premiership..

Or a grand final as recent as 13

Lyon is a top coach imo. Everywhere he has gone has had their best era in history. Saints made 2 grand finals, Fremantle their first and only. Has only missed finals thrice in 11 seasons while making top four most other seasons.

Freo are devoid of talent now, mid rebuild and their previous talent that got them success are all washed up now or already gone (McPharlin, Pavlich, Sandilands, Ballantyne, Johnson, Barlow, Mundy)

Their talent now is Fyfe (star), Neale (accumulator), the Hills (who are more cherry on top players than building pieces I think), Bennell (same thing, and will he even play?). Hamling is handy and they have some good young pieces, but they are playing ahead of schedule I would think.

Lyon is a top coach imo. Everywhere he has gone has had their best era in history. Saints made 2 grand finals, Fremantle their first and only. Has only missed finals thrice in 11 seasons while making top four most other seasons.

Freo are devoid of talent now, mid rebuild and their previous talent that got them success are all washed up now or already gone (McPharlin, Pavlich, Sandilands, Ballantyne, Johnson, Barlow, Mundy)

Their talent now is Fyfe (star), Neale (accumulator), the Hills (who are more cherry on top players than building pieces I think), Bennell (same thing, and will he even play?). Hamling is handy and they have some good young pieces, but they are playing ahead of schedule I would think.

They will get a top 5 pick this year and for their sake hopefully pickup some players in the trade period, if they can get Bennell and Walters back in 2018 along with Sandilands playing through another year.

Agree on their oldies Ballantyne, Johnson are utterly cooked as you can see by the graph below quite a gap in experience.

sdsd.jpg

There's absolutely no indication based on the last twenty years that Freo will ever function like a club should, and the AFL is not invested in their success enough to care whether they fail or not.

As for our rucks, Tippett looked good yesterday, but it was against the worst team in the competition in a 100+ point win. Just like McVeigh did, he'll have to prove that he can replicate his form from over a year ago before I am convinced. Sinclair to me is like Towers. They will play one standout game once every blue moon and the rest are average games where we sit hoping and praying they just don't spud it up. Aliir is a better player than both of them and they're hardly dominant rucks/marking targets anyway so might as well bring in Aliir for his class around the ground.
Okay, I'm never going to agree with you so I might just leave it there... the one thing I am absolutely positive about is that we are both passionate Swans supporters!

Lyon is a dull coach who can't win finals
Grand finals.

He record is pretty good!!

I think he does pretty well with what he has , never had a list like ours or hawthorn and has gone deep a few times

I know Paul Roos rates him and I would say Paul is a pretty good judge

Grand finals.

He record is pretty good!!

I think he does pretty well with what he has , never had a list like ours or hawthorn and has gone deep a few times

I know Paul Roos rates him and I would say Paul is a pretty good judge

He has coached some pretty talented guys

Had a lot of guys who will go down as greats at stkilda if not the greatest they had

I dunno not a bad coach but too defensive imo I wouldn't want him coaching Sydney,

Defence coach yep

He has coached some pretty talented guys

Had a lot of guys who will go down as greats at stkilda if not the greatest they had

I dunno not a bad coach but too defensive imo I wouldn't want him coaching Sydney,

Defence coach yep
He was under Roos you know with horse?

And no way has he had a list like ours ever
St kilda and freo had some starts but nexet the amount of ours

He was under Roos you know with horse?

And no way has he had a list like ours ever
St kilda and freo had some starts but nexet the amount of ours

Yeah i know he was at sydney, id take him back too

Stkildas list at its peak was pretty talented

That 09 grand final side had Hayes, Riewoldt, Ball, Montagna, Dal Santo, Goddard, Milne, zac dawson :p

But seriously a pretty star laden list, even kosi was a high draft pick.

That 09 grand final side had Hayes, Riewoldt, Ball, Montagna, Dal Santo, Goddard, Milne, zac dawson :p

That list is rubbish compared to yours let's be honest

Unless we lose again and take the reigns, St Kilda are probably the biggest missed opportunity in a long time. Should have won in the drawn final and were every chance in 09 too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That list is rubbish compared to yours let's be honest

The current swans list

Its more seasoned, our two better players are better, not sure its that far off, they were a bloody good side in 09 dont forget.

Hes a good coach, just think he is overrated, notch above a rodney eade, wont ever win a flag

The current swans list

Its more seasoned, our two better players are better, not sure its that far off, they were a bloody good side in 09 dont forget.

Hes a good coach, just think he is overrated, notch above a rodney eade, wont ever win a flag
They were an average side coached bloody well
Put our side on paper compared to there's and you can see the difference

Ross is a one dimensional coach. Heck even Longmire was but I think even he's realised that scoring is essential to winning games (or a flag for that matter). Lyon is all conservative and no risk.

Towers on replay tries to copy rohan a bit, both like to leap into a mark, rohan takes them though, deano went ok again, would be unlucky not to stay in
agree on Towers. Was solid, don't understand the hate, plus he chips in for ruck and does ok. Not sure who goes out for JPK, but not Towers.

No doubt but I don't think he is a dud coach

Hes not a dud, if i said that i was just blowing smoke, just would think hes overrated, wouldnt be the worst if he did jump to the suns

Remove this Banner Ad

Back