VFL Round 21, 2018: Collingwood v Sandringham - Victoria Park, Saturday 25th August, 11:00AM AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Just wondering if any of you are going to watch this game , They have great food there and the weather looks like its going to be ok too
After watching last week let me say this.

Take out the Saints performances against Hawthorn, GWS and Carlton this year and replace them with 5-10 goal hidings. How hard would it be to turn up again?

Last week was as pathetic as it gets. This club seriously hit a new low, but nobody has really noticed because the clubs coverage of our VFL team is putrid. We are the worst AFL aligned team by so far it isn't funny! Our communication / treatment of Sandy is also disgraceful, but most of why we are terrible rests on us.

Also had a gutful of the few VFL players that do perform not getting games when they deserve it. People whinge about player x needing to earn his spot in the seniors. Yet the same young players bash down the door for opportunity and don't get it. Stats tell you a little, but watching live it is bleedingly obvious.

I bet 99% of Saints supporters are surprised at how Rice and Lonie are going. On the flip side about 1% of Sandy watchers are surprised. Seriously over watching some players gifted games, while those who actually earn it are left to rot. Also over players being played out of position when they do get the opportunity they deserve! Its actually as bad as it was under Lyon, and apparently now have a development coach!

So to answer your question, the idea of going to that cesspool of a Collingwood ground isn't exactly inviting. Not having a go at you mate (sorry for the angry tone), but not sure people are aware of just how faarked this situation is. Only small difference is a few people are starting to listen now. Last year and the year before nobody listened.

Most people will just go to the selection thread each week and repeat the same crap about player x should play based on one tweet or a 2 minute look at the stats, and how player y is no good. Ask anybody who follows Sandy about selection integrity and watch them laugh. Makes it very frustrating going along and watch.

Again sorry to unload, but the question of why isn't anyone going to / reporting on games, and what is going on at Sandy is actually really relevant (and is the root of a lot of our problems)!

Take out the Saints performances against Hawthorn, GWS and Carlton this year and replace them with 5-10 goal hidings. How hard would it be to turn up again?

Last week was as pathetic as it gets. This club seriously hit a new low, but nobody has really noticed because the clubs coverage of our VFL team is putrid. We are the worst AFL aligned team by so far it isn't funny! Our communication / treatment of Sandy is also disgraceful, but most of why we are terrible rests on us.

Also had a gutful of the few VFL players that do perform not getting games when they deserve it. People whinge about player x needing to earn his spot in the seniors. Yet the same young players bash down the door for opportunity and don't get it. Stats tell you a little, but watching live it is bleedingly obvious.

I bet 99% of Saints supporters are surprised at how Rice and Lonie are going. On the flip side about 1% of Sandy watchers are surprised. Seriously over watching some players gifted games, while those who actually earn it are left to rot. Also over players being played out of position when they do get the opportunity they deserve! Its actually as bad as it was under Lyon, and apparently now have a development coach!

So to answer your question, the idea of going to that cesspool of a Collingwood ground isn't exactly inviting. Not having a go at you mate (sorry for the angry tone), but not sure people are aware of just how faarked this situation is. Only small difference is a few people are starting to listen now. Last year and the year before nobody listened.

Most people will just go to the selection thread each week and repeat the same crap about player x should play based on one tweet or a 2 minute look at the stats, and how player y is no good. Ask anybody who follows Sandy about selection integrity and watch them laugh. Makes it very frustrating going along and watch.

Again sorry to unload, but the question of why isn't anyone going to / reporting on games, and what is going on at Sandy is actually really relevant (and is the root of a lot of our problems)!
Didnt expect that , its cool mate i will go by myself

Actually the ground is better now that it used to be when we played there. Less fights too ;)

Actually the ground is better now that it used to be when we played there. Less fights too ;)
Sorry mate. Been a long year for Sandy combined with a well entrenched hatred of that ground and the club associated with it. Instinct is always to brace for a fight when preparing for that local feral population.

Great work getting down. It is an eye opening experience to see just how behind the pack we actually are! There is not really anywhere on here to discuss what is going on usually. Just been building for a while!

Sorry mate. Been a long year for Sandy combined with a well entrenched hatred of that ground and the club associated with it. Instinct is always to brace for a fight when surrounded by the local feral population.

Great work getting down. It is an eye opening experience to see just how behind the pack we actually are!
Its all good man , my skin is pretty think , i have great memories of that ground , the day Nicky lifted his shirt after the game was amazing being there giving the pies supporters s**t and singing in the outer , The old days

Its all good man , my skin is pretty think , i have great memories of that ground , the day Nicky lifted his shirt after the game was amazing being there giving the pies supporters s**t and singing in the outer , The old days
I was still fairly young at that game but remember the day really well. Learnt a few new words. My disabled grandpa almost got hit too (although in hindsight calling Greening a diver might have pushed a few buttons).

People talk about Nicky, but do you remember how good McAdam was that day? For anyone who didn't see, think Billings quarter against the dogs spread over the second half.

Oh and if anyone wants another reason to change our coach? Both Nicky and Gilbert are on record saying they were racially abused by fans AND Collingwood players (both that day and in the Semi the year before). Guess who played on Winmar that day at Vic park (and got a football lesson)??

I was still fairly young at that game but remember the day really well. Learnt a few new words. My disabled grandpa almost got hit too (although in hindsight calling Greening a diver might have pushed a few buttons).

People talk about Nicky, but do you remember how good McAdam was that day? For anyone who didn't see, think Billings quarter against the dogs spread over the second half.

Oh and if anyone wants another reason to change our coach? Both Nicky and Gilbert are on record saying they were racially abused by fans AND Collingwood players (both that day and in the Semi the year before). Guess who played on Winmar that day at Vic park (and got a football lesson)??
Yeah sleepy was great that day , im pretty Sure i know who it was

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I cant tell all or i would be putting a player in a s**t spot , what i can say is
The players were pissed that Freeman was dumped after Two games
The players are pissed that the marketing and selection panel dont work together and post crap about a player getting a game ect and it doesnt happen
Also that Richo coaches all the flair out the players and wants then all to be like Geary ( You know hard at the contest ) and as some have suggested , Richo does have his favourites

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, horrendous second half from Sandringham. coffield probably our best and Philips also played a pretty solid game . Lamb got to all the right spots and mostly brought the ball to the ground but had no support. Goddard and Dunstan particularily hopeless from among the St Kilda players. Very disappointing.

Sent from my CPH1607 using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back