Preview Round 21, 2018: Essendon v St.Kilda - Etihad Stadium, Friday 10th August, 7:50PM AEST *Ross' 100th*

Who Wins?

• Bombers

Votes: 54 83.1%
  • Saints

Votes: 11 16.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand the selection committee the last 2 years. I mean am I missing something when it comes to Newnes never being dropped?? Last week he had 4 disposals midway through the last quarter.

Must be a great leader on the field is all I can think of, because he is deffinatley not out there based on performance.
He has after hours pic's? Makes no sense when others have to work their @ss off for a game.

Funny that they've got Clark 'omitted' when Richo said he's ill.

Dunstan had 60% tog last week; is he injured too? Interesting to see if he plays in the 2s this week. He really needs to improve his endurance.

Great to see Longy back in.

I don't understand the selection committee the last 2 years. I mean am I missing something when it comes to Newnes never being dropped?? Last week he had 4 disposals midway through the last quarter.

Must be a great leader on the field is all I can think of, because he is deffinatley not out there based on performance.

3 games left, why would we persist with him? Prefer Phillips in against the drug cheats for his pace

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Also good to see Armitage and Gilbert keep their spots over Dunstan and say Goddard. We are still in contention for finals and the experience and leadership these guys will bring to the team is so valuable this well unlike other weeks..

Ohh wait...

Dunstan hasn't been setting the world on fire, but with 60% tog surely you would pick him over Armitage considering were we are as a club. Same thing with Goddard over Gilbert. It's not like these guys are making us have respectable losses against teams which I would see the value in.

Anyways what would I know.

Dunstan had 60% tog last week; is he injured too? Interesting to see if he plays in the 2s this week. He really needs to improve his endurance.

They're trying to teach Dunstan to think before he kicks, it's not going well so he's going to work on it.

I don't mind the changes, could have done a bit more if you wanted to swap Brown for Goddard for example, but 5 is good amount to change things up enough where the performance might be different.

Dons by 13 goals.

Also good to see Armitage and Gilbert keep their spots over Dunstan and say Goddard. We are still in contention for finals and the experience and leadership these guys will bring to the team is so valuable this well unlike other weeks..

Ohh wait...

Dunstan hasn't been setting the world on fire, but with 60% tog surely you would pick him over Armitage considering were we are as a club. Same thing with Goddard over Gilbert. It's not like these guys are making us have respectable losses against teams which I would see the value in.

Anyways what would I know.
Gilbert isnt in the team. He didnt play last week either.

Dunstan has been struggling since he hurt his shoulder against Richmond at the G. He went from being our best midfielder at the start of the season to really struggling in the games. I think he is getting less time in the middle since Steele has taken on the 'run with' role as Dunstan did some of that earlier in the year.

I am really disappointed for him because it looked like he had turned his career around after his form at the end of last year, and how he played earlier this season. I'm hoping he can get his shoulder right and return next year back at his best.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like the changes. By all reports Long is underdone, but who else can we select? Mav? Wright? Or maybe Minch? Newnes is playing forward and was very poor last week, but I recon holds his spot because we need to select someone and we are pretty much out of forward options. Although the Irish could have been called on I suppose, we would be very inexperienced though.

Hoping Pearce kills it so we can trade Hickey and Longer and never argue about who is less potatoish again.

I like the changes. By all reports Long is underdone, but who else can we select? Mav? Wright? Or maybe Minch? Newnes is playing forward and was very poor last week, but I recon holds his spot because we need to select someone and we are pretty much out of forward options. Although the Irish could have been called on I suppose, we would be very inexperienced though.

Hoping Pearce kills it so we can trade Hickey and Longer and never argue about who is less potatoish again.
Don't worry when he plays s**t up form he gets dropped. .into the backline.

The bloke is untouchable.

Our season has turned to s**t and it's the players like him the more experienced ones who are at fault rather than the youngsters.

This could get ugly with their speed - Tippa, Fantasia, Saad could run riot against us. Let's hope not.

The end is nigh and this awful season is nearly over. Not expecting much - Bombers by 54 points

The fact that the supporters each week have screamed for the heads of Newnes,. Weller, Dunstan, Savage etc etc shows how far weve fallen

These guys SHOULD be entrenched members of our next wave, not hovering on the fringe of being dropped every week
3 of those 4 had their names thrown up when discussing our next captain during preseason 2016/17.... Really is scary how much they’ve dropped off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back