Autopsy Round 21, 2018: Essendon v St.Kilda *Ross' 100th*

Remove this Banner Ad

On the contrary I think it’s a positive. One of the few positives this year is that injuries have forced us to blood new players. Browny not playing the
last two gives us a chance to see some others and see what we’ve got.
I agree totally, we wouldnt of seen half the young blokes we have this year.

Pierce played a better game tonight than Longer has played in his entire career, literally, and Hickey has for three years.
I’d be sacking the whole coaching department for their collective inability to at least let him have a good run at it in front of our other two failed options.
Put them all to shame. All of them. All of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
he is playing well because he has been at the club. We should have the whole team train at Frankston.

Positives....

Pierce - nice to see a mobile ruckman get hit outs, get his hands dirty on the deck & take some strong marks. Kid really looked like he wanted it & wanted to be out there to prove a point. Great stuff

Long - was refreshing to see Benny back. A few highlights & a nice return

Freeman - got through injury free which is great. Should have used him more when in good position in transition this week.

Paton - nice last quarter. Tough being stuck in a role you’ve rarely done before & especially having to do it in your debut game at AFL level

Billings’ first quarter - wow! He was probably BOG at quarter time. Thanks for moving him in the 2nd Q Richo.... FFS

Steele - solid marking & link work. Probably needed to be played as a tagger last night, not as a true mid like he was. I would have thought he’d have a shutdown role on Heppell, not just a soft run with role.

Not much else I’m afraid :(

Jack Steele just about the Saint B and F I reckon

Imagine losing a game when the opposition has 4 injured players.

Didn't you guys say that by 2016 you would be contending for top 4?

Yeah imagine that eh?

Now toddle on back to the injecting rooms

Do you remember the last game in 2008 when we humiliated you by about 1000 points to sneak into the to top 4. We all get our turn. Enjoy finishing in no mans land.

Now get back to your meth lab you pack of irrelevant cheats.

That's more original than the Saints putting on a pathetic performance whenever they play in prime time slots.
What would be original if your
drug lab could actually win a final!

Now piss off back to the pit of hell
you came from flog!

There is enough space under your chin for another face.
Loooooool….very very funny there Indie.

Now......calm heads everyone...….Drumpster will soon be called to get back into the sand pit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's more original than the Saints putting on a pathetic performance whenever they play in prime time slots.
Let's remember you guys are meant to be contending for a flag and wont even make the 8. You haven't won a final since 2004

Our club is poo at the moment and I'll happily cop s**t off a good club, but your clubs is a ******* disgrace whilst also being mediocre on the field so jump back in your ******* box.

I mean, he's not wrong. Our kicking was deplorable.

But my question would be with our kicking so terrible, why would you move Billings who has impacting and hitting targets around the ground to deep forward? The kid is our best field kick and we put him in a position where he cant kick the ball to anyone!
The answer is: we have a cabbage instead of a coach.

My boy Jack Steele. He’s at the level now to take the next step which he is doing. Moves well, links well, plays within his limitations, cracks in hard, takes a clutch mark & makes his opponent accountable.

Everything I saw him do in the NEAFL for Giants reserves when racking up 40+ & 10 tackles every week, he is starting to show right now that same form. He’s a beacon in the darkness

Yeah, he was unleashed to use what learned from tagging last night and did it well. His marking could be a good point of difference going forward as well.

The answer is: we have a cabbage instead of a coach.

Do you think that when he makes that type of move all his assistants say,
“yes, great move, Richo,” or do any of them actually stand up and say “WTF are you doing?”

Yeah, he was unleashed to use what learned from tagging last night and did it well. His marking could be a good point of difference going forward as well.
I was so impressed by his marking all night. Probably his best game in regards to that.
I cant wait to see him next year because I feel he will be banging down on the door of 'elite'.

If he was an A grader or Swans thought they could have developed him into one they would have kept him and traded someone else clearly they did not hence the reason we got him.

I like the bloke he can play just not good at decision making which is clear from his actions last night and stopped us potentially kicking a couple of goals.... potentially.

That's why the Swans let him go if he was that good they would have told Goodes to retire.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
So based on your logic Tom Mitchell is no good because Sydney let him go?

Considering that we have all seen our list show the ability to play football, i cant understand how they play like this this season and being that its nearly across the board of our whole list, there has to be another problem. I dont think we have 'dumb' or a terribly unskilled list, but i think when u have no confidence and direction, a fear of failing you can do some dumb looking things. Watching replays from last year or the year before, you can barely recognize our team. So many times yesterday they overthink things and get into the wrong spots. We have had some players improve this year, but its in isolation. The way we play as a team is.. well interesting. I would like to think the coaching panel is doing this on purpose for some greater reason and we'll be killing it next year, but i fear they are doing irreperable damage to some of the young talent on our list until this coaching and leadership group is fixed up. The captaincy is another common denominator that has changed from last year to this year, so is that the main problem?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back