Review Round 21, 2019 - Brisbane Lions vs. Gold Coast

Who were your five best players against Gold Coast?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FLVanLandingham

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 3, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
It was good to see how angry Charles was dropping those marks. I think one of them he was a bit under the ball, others were just fumbles. He's got his scramble ticking along wonderfully, his banana set shots on point, his longer range set shots are getting back to their best. Now he just has to get his overhead marking back to his most best, and perhaps get a mark of the year in the granny :D

Gabbattoir

Debutant
Apr 15, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Is there a small defender in the competition who can stay with Charlie Cameron?

He'll get you on the ground, he'll get you on the lead, if we continue to play to his "weapons" he could be a huge part of us winning the flag this year.
I think Grimes goes with Cameron when we play the Tigers and that going to be a belter to watch. Grimes is a very very good defender and he might just be able to keep Cameron quiet. Don’t think Geelong has anyone who can stop him next week.

BrainOfMorbius

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 4, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Prior to this year our midfield was a 4 cylinder Holden Commodore (yes, they existed). Zorko was two of them. This year our midfield is a V8 that still runs like a V8 even if you shut down one of the cylinders (Neale today).

I know what I mean.
What are our carbon emissions like though

Oct 4, 2016
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
It's not specifically related to the game, but I, as Victorian based member, went to the German club for the first time ever. The amount of paperwork to enter the building was impressive, as was Andrew's (the musician, not Harris) performance. Just needed to share that as it seems to be a rite of passage. Also, it was nice winning by 91 points.

It's not specifically related to the game, but I, as Victorian based member, went to the German club for the first time ever. The amount of paperwork to enter the building was impressive, as was Andrew's (the musician, not Harris) performance. Just needed to share that as it seems to be a rite of passage. Also, it was nice winning by 91 points.
But did you have the pork knuckle?

The most pleasing thing for me was that we did what a genuine contender would do - we put them away. Ruthless. Clinical.

That said, they were, basically, witches hats. Dunno I I have any faith in Dew's coaching,

Lyons BOG, for mine, but the highlight was Zac Baily's impact. Gunna be a match winner, that boy.

Oct 13, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lions
The most pleasing thing for me was that we did what a genuine contender would do - we put them away. Ruthless. Clinical.

That said, they were, basically, witches hats. Dunno I I have any faith in Dew's coaching,

Lyons BOG, for mine, but the highlight was Zac Baily's impact. Gunna be a match winner, that boy.

Agree on Bailey. I gave him a vote

Has some real weapons.

Also he's cleaned up his field kicking immensely, which last year was a bit of a concern to me.

Great effort by the entire team. Fage's like the cat that ate the cream. Be lovely to rub Danger's, Selwood's and Hawkin's faces in it. Can be done. They had a tough game.

Oct 13, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lions
Gardiner is a really good player who continues to fly under the radar.

Reliable, composed under pressure and is rarely beaten one on one.

If he played for a "big" Melbourne club he'd be rated much more highly

EDIT: would need to change his first name to "Charlie" by deed poll

Apr 4, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
It was a scrappy game early but we did what we had to do.

Fairly even effort all over the ground.

Next week is the biggest match our club has played in since we last played a final. Good to see the guys get through unscathed and we should have the full list to choose from ,but there will be no change .

rusty08

Club Legend
Feb 11, 2008
melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Witho has added extra dimensions to his game that I didn't think he was capable of. His first two seasons he feasted on the switch for a lot of easy possessions but now we play the boundary he actually has to get involved in the play and his contested game, positioning and defensive work have developed a lot better than I expected them to. He's actually a pretty capable contested mark as a small-to-medium defender.
Couldn't agree more. Well said

FLVanLandingham

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 3, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I thought that young Suns guy on Hippy played quite well for his first game. Well done to the boy from Cairns! His family looked like a merch stand haha

Watching the highlight, really pleased with McStay. His pack marking isn't what it was in the middle of the year (or was it the start) but his work up the ground is nice.

Also seems the big O is more proactive in bringing the ball down to our own players. Several time in the last two weeks it looks instead of going for a mark he is getting a single hand to it down to our players. Its actually working quite nicely too! Plus when hes on a lead hes got those gecko hands too so thats a double threat :D

bungalow_bill

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 11, 2010
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Prior to this year our midfield was a 4 cylinder Holden Commodore (yes, they existed). Zorko was two of them. This year our midfield is a V8 that still runs like a V8 even if you shut down one of the cylinders (Neale today).

I know what I mean.

Gold Coast mid field

How did the Suns let Lyons go? What a stud!
Jarrod was Berry Berry Berry good!
Charlie the enigma!
How good are "the Suitcase's" hands!
Can't believe they didn't tag Zorks.

Was really good to see Marcus Adams playing good footy. Lots of intercept marks. If he's building into the peak form that he's shown at the Bulldogs in the past we could win the whole thing. Peak Adams, Gardiner and Andrews is a very very good defence.

Will just say as well, starting to get a bit melancholy that this season will be over soon. Has been incredible. Even after that west coast game in round 1 I didn't expect this.

As long as adelaide put up a decent fight against West coast we're heading to our final game of the season with it being sold out, 1st vs 2nd.

We're slight favourites on sportsbet.

Also I can't be the only one that's going to miss seeing Luke Hodge running around in lions colours next season. Watching the guy stand in the centre square while we've got it locked in our forward 50 and point at everything has been a privilege. He's so good.

Back