Review Round 21, 2019 - Brisbane Lions vs. Gold Coast

Who were your five best players against Gold Coast?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Apr 4, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Bottom 4 rated players played in a forwardline that kicked 22 goals. Have a strange feeling that these arbitrary ratings might not give a decent indication of how well they played their role.
Leave Lynchy alone he's a great guy.

I think MCCarthy copped a bit of stick on Saturday as well but the ground he covered was energy sapping and by the time he got back to the forward line was obviously gasping for air . It's hard to be all over the ground and kick goals as well.

SonnyBoy1

Senior List
Mar 26, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Witherden has absolutely stepped up defensively since the start of the season and is no longer trying to pull off too much with his kicks he is back to his first year quality but with a greater defensive ability, looking like a star again. Also not sure what Fagan changed but our mid looks extremely quicker compared to the start of the season, he has done well changing that.

Where do these stats come from? I’d like to look at them every week. Thanks
The Herald Sun in Melbourne. I don’t buy that paper but my mum does. I’ll pinch hers and try and post them after the Geelong game and during the finals series.

Oct 6, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Denver Nuggets
Where do these stats come from? I’d like to look at them every week. Thanks
Herald Sun here in Melb. Does the Courier Mail do something similar?

Regarding the game, I thought Stef had a really good game on the weekend despite being well beaten in the hitouts. His work around the ground was excellent and good to see him hit the scoreboard more than previous years. Getting very nervous/excited for this weekends game!

Does the Courier Mail do something similar?
Ha, hahahahahahaha

Mate the entire AFL section of the Courier Mail is a double page (if we're doing well), about 15 pages in to the back of the newspaper. One more page back and you hit the form sheets for the greyhounds and trots.

Ha, hahahahahahaha

Mate the entire AFL section of the Courier Mail is a double page (if we're doing well), about 15 pages in to the back of the newspaper. One more page back and you hit the form sheets for the greyhounds and trots.
No emojii in the response list that indicated resigned agreement.

Ha, hahahahahahaha

I’ll take a picture and post it.

Tassie4ever

Premiership Player
Dec 7, 2007
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Hawthorn
Also how he says the word "coupla" instead of couple of and how often he says it.

Hey!!! Lay off that Tassie boy. Born in the same home town as my Mum- Queenstown, as it happens.

Famour, inter alia, for its huge rainfall. Remember walking down Queenie's only main street, and it beginning to rain quite steadily, putting up my umbrella, only to be admonished by my Dad- "put that down, THAT'S not rain".

Hey!!! Lay off that Tassie boy. Born in the same home town as my Mum- Queenstown, as it happens.

Famour, inter alia, for its huge rainfall. Remember walking down Queenie's only main street, and it beginning to rain quite steadily, putting up my umbrella, only to be admonished by my Dad- "put that down, THAT'S not rain".

Also famous for looking like a hideous scar upon the land. Being able to do a 360 turn and not see a tree was inspiring, and the multicoloured river truly delightful! ;)

Sep 16, 2016
I have no idea
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Quite a few
Ha, hahahahahahaha

Can confirm this yesterday in the Sunday Mail. Back page was mainly wallabies (which you can't complain about TBH).

But then when you turn the page it's like 3-4 pages of the ******* NRL, followed by the cricket and then the rugby! All then followed by the footy.

* I hate the dominance of league up here really.

bungalow_bill

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 11, 2010
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

Reminds me of the attitude to umbrellas in Portland

I hate the dominance of league up here really
When News Corp has a 68.87% ownership stake of the Broncos you know they'll put the NRL's interests first, even when they are stinking it up. So much for impartial journalism.

dmac_55

Club Legend
Jun 17, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys
Comments on Clugs ability to find space are very apt. He sort of reminds me with his hip movement sidestep game of Gary Ablett Junior. Just thinking one step ahead of the defender at all times..

Doesn’t have the breakaway speed of GAJ but his contested work in tight is very similar. Great footwork

Tassie4ever

Premiership Player
Dec 7, 2007
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Hawthorn
Also famous for looking like a hideous scar upon the land. Being able to do a 360 turn and not see a tree was inspiring, and the multicoloured river truly delightful! ;)

Minus the past chemical brew, the landscape is very rapidly recovering. Courtesy of the rain-laden Westerlies hitting the coastal mountains [Zeehan and Strahan from memory] after travelling uninterrupted over ocean for thousands of k's.

Back