Discussion Round 21, 2019 - Photos and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Suns NEAFL team wearing the 2018 clash jumper today. Be interesting what their senior team wears.

Hawks should have three jumpers. Their regular one, brown with gold v for away games against the Suns and Giants and the gold with brown v for away games against the Crows.

Suns NEAFL team wearing the 2018 clash jumper today. Be interesting what their senior team wears.

Hawks should have three jumpers. Their regular one, brown with gold v for away games against the Suns and Giants and the gold with brown v for away games against the Crows.

What's the 2018 clash jumper?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geelong-North Melbourne is a disgrace. An absolute farce. We'll get Carlton in white shorts against the Cats in a fortnight which will be just as bad.

Too many times this year we've all said something along the lines of "its not the best, but its passable", and that mentality at AFL House has caused this problem. The iffy ones get let go, and the all-or-nothing approach leads to is cluster*s like tonight.

If Geelong are so adamant on wearing navy shorts at home, there are a number of opportunities outside of Gold Coast and Sydney to do so, but the away team must also be in home shorts (think the likes of Hawks/Eagles/Bulldogs, even North in full home). Under no circumstances should any team be wearing white shorts against Geelong.

Geelong-North Melbourne is a disgrace. An absolute farce. We'll get Carlton in white shorts against the Cats in a fortnight which will be just as bad.

Too many times this year we've all said something along the lines of "its not the best, but its passable", and that mentality at AFL House has caused this problem. The iffy ones get let go, and the all-or-nothing approach leads to is clusterfu**s like tonight.

If Geelong are so adamant on wearing navy shorts at home, there are a number of opportunities outside of Gold Coast and Sydney to do so, but the away team must also be in home shorts (think the likes of Hawks/Eagles/Bulldogs, even North in full home). Under no circumstances should any team be wearing white shorts against Geelong.
I'm prepared to overlook Geelong in home shorts and oppo in white shorts in some instances. However, without exception, they need to be in white shorts versus North, Collingwood and even Saints, with those sides in their full home kit.

There's no excuse for tonight. It's just pathetic from the AFL.

Cats should just ditch the navy shorts completely and make away teams essentially just wear a 'dark' kit. Would make matchup a whole of a lot easier to figure out for the away teams and they can make that their point of difference and become the 'Dallas Cowboys' of the AFL in terms of having unorthodox uniform combinations.

But from an aesthetic standpoint I like Geelong in an all-white kit, very visually striking.

Cats should just ditch the navy shorts completely and make away teams essentially just wear a 'dark' kit. Would make matchup a whole of a lot easier to figure out for the away teams and they can make that their point of difference and become the 'Dallas Cowboys' of the AFL in terms of having unorthodox uniform combinations.

But from an aesthetic standpoint I like Geelong in an all-white kit, very visually striking.

I've thought that for years, the full white kit really grew on me and I was hoping that we'd eventually adopt it as the home kit; it looks fantastic and it creates visually appealing matchups both home and away

There was so many mistakes made in this game:

North hooped socks
North away jumper
North white shorts.

I am all for us wearing navy shorts, but Collingwood and North Melbourne have to be the exception to the rule.

And Geelong I thought had always been in favor of that as it avoids a need of a clash jumper.

Too many times this year we've all said something along the lines of "its not the best, but its passable", and that mentality at AFL House has caused this problem. The iffy ones get let go, and the all-or-nothing approach leads to is clusterfu**s like tonight.

The thing is, I’ve heard the Geelong administration speak and say they are okay with wearing white shorts for home games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back