Discussion Round 21, 2019 - Photos and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Be interesting to see what the Crows go with this afternoon, given we saw Melbourne in the redback @ West Coast I feel like we may see the clash.
It will be clash I reckon. Adelaide wear clash @ West Coast but they wear royal @ Adelaide. One of those ones that made sense when the TP/navy wings was the home and the royal wings away and didn't change when royal wings became the home.

It will be clash I reckon. Adelaide wear clash @ West Coast but they wear royal @ Adelaide. One of those ones that made sense when the TP/navy wings was the home and the royal wings away and didn't change when royal wings became the home.

Yeah agree with this. Gold Coast is another that are now allowed to wear their home against us but we still wore clash against them.

Get the feeling the club is now happy to use the white as an away jumper rather than purely as a clash, despite them saying the opposite on numerous occasions.

The thing is, I’ve heard the Geelong administration speak and say they are okay with wearing white shorts for home games.
I feel like the AFL and a portion of the fanbase have struggled to grasp the concept of white shorts at home, and even coloured shorts away to teams in red. I remember on here someone sharing how a call was made to a radio station demanding an explanation as to why Geelong wore navy shorts in an away game against Gold Coast a few years ago, when they "should" have been wearing white...

Yeah agree with this. Gold Coast is another that are now allowed to wear their home against us but we still wore clash against them.

Get the feeling the club is now happy to use the white as an away jumper rather than purely as a clash, despite them saying the opposite on numerous occasions.

I take it all back. Crows in home jumper.

If it's good enough for the Dees and Blues vs the Eagles and Dogs 😁

This is the thing though. Its fine to say that now the Eagles have gone back to royal we can wear the home, but why haven’t we been wearing it against Bulldogs and North? If anything, the Eagles would be the worst of the three given the mutual gold.

This is the thing though. Its fine to say that now the Eagles have gone back to royal we can wear the home, but why haven’t we been wearing it against Bulldogs and North?
I'm not discounting that, definitely.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone else notice that Fyfe was not wearing his usual black elbow sleeve today but a white one instead (probably to increase the contrast)

There was so many mistakes made in this game:

North hooped socks
North away jumper
North white shorts.

I am all for us wearing navy shorts, but Collingwood and North Melbourne have to be the exception to the rule.

And Geelong I thought had always been in favor of that as it avoids a need of a clash jumper.
Do you think Steve Hocking has anything to do with this navy shorts at home policy at Geelong this year?

I think the WCE vs Crows matchup will be fine on its own, but it calls into question the consistency in which clash policies (or lack thereof) are applied. Some teams wear clash but others don't for some peculiar reason.

Do you think Steve Hocking has anything to do with this navy shorts at home policy at Geelong this year?

Don’t think so because as said correctly earlier the board doesn’t complain about white.

I wonder if there is some softening of the ground as Collingwood are planning to go back to white on black (just a thought no source on this)

As a team we are happy to have the navy shorts back, the issue in earlier games is the away team should have worn their home shorts as well.

I do not know a Geelong supporter who didn’t except that we wear white shorts against North and Collingwood which makes what happened last night puzzling.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back