Preview Round 21, 2019: St.Kilda v Fremantle - Marvel Stadium, Sunday 11th August, 1:10PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 37 71.2%
  • Dockers

Votes: 15 28.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably framed incorrectly by myself. Maybe a strong performance & that gets Ratts the final tick of approval. If Richo was still coaching, then the club would be expecting a win here. A loss would’ve added more pressure on him. Does Ratts get a pass?

Losing Gresham is a big out and Hanners and Stuv aren't going to be able to play as elite mids. They will have to be managed. I wouldn't be surprised if we lose.

Losing Gresham is a big out and Hanners and Stuv aren't going to be able to play as elite mids. They will have to be managed. I wouldn't be surprised if we lose.
We really should win. The ins outway tge outs by a margin apart from gresh. It would be disappointing to lose this one.

True. Bringing in two guys that will be severely underdone is a risk in itself. Maybe Stuv sits in the forward pocket? Put Hanners into Clark’s role down back & Clark into the midfield?

I think we will win by 10 goals....for Ratts.

We really should win. The ins outway tge outs by a margin apart from gresh. It would be disappointing to lose this one.

Disappointing but our side is a bit unbalanced and plenty of ins that aren't at their peak. Wouldn't be shocked if we lose it, they are still playing for a finals spot, we are already checked out.

Disappointing but our side is a bit unbalanced and plenty of ins that aren't at their peak. Wouldn't be shocked if we lose it, they are still playing for a finals spot, we are already checked out.

I felt last week we were unbalanced with Battle expected to play the GOAT role. Brown out makes us more balanced. Although I would’ve dropped Carlisle instead of Brown based on form this year.

Overrated playing for finals spots. Look at gws last night. Playing for a double chance. Can’t see why Steven wouldn’t be pretty fit and hanners should be really fit. Been training hard for weeks but wasn’t playing. Then the other ins are clearly better than the other outs. Should win.

I don’t think we have checked out yet, might be by myself here but I thought we were ok against the crows never dropped our heads and kept trying to last siren

I don’t think we have checked out yet, might be by myself here but I thought we were ok against the crows never dropped our heads and kept trying to last siren

If not for the late outs we would’ve won imo. McKenzie cost us a few goals & he would not have played. Newnes to Laird & no way Laird is BOG with 30 odd.

If not for the late outs we would’ve won imo. McKenzie cost us a few goals & he would not have played. Newnes to Laird & no way Laird is BOG with 30 odd.
We had a few passengers too, and our entries into the forward line were hopeless- need everyone contributing, and need our midfield to start hitting targets.

We had a few passengers too, and our entries into the forward line were hopeless- need everyone contributing, and need our midfield to start hitting targets.

I wouldn’t be surprised if a few that played were under the weather.

We actually beat them for contested ball, clearances & inside 50s. Field position shows that the Crows owned the footy in their back half & chipped it around.

You’re right, our entries were shizen. We didn’t seem to have many deep entries. Missing Acres hurt us in that respect. I reckon he’s one player that brings the footy deep into the 50. He always tries to break the lines in the middle & get an extra 20 metres with his creativity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

3 players we need to worry about. Fyfe, Walters & Hill. The forward and back matchups weight so heavily in our favour it’s not funny. That is of course in the air. With the closed roof, Marshall around the ground, we need a big game from Bruce and Carlisle with their contested grabs. That’ll win it.

Saints easy in the end. Big first quarter, never look back. Saints by 32.

Rats to be appointed full time coach Wednesday.

I thought the snow was a good feature of the Hawks GWS game last night- should keep the Marvel roof open and give those Freo fairies a dose of Melbourne winter.
Will never forget that game at Waverley.

Minus 10 degrees with howling winds, sleet and hail. Perfect Linton Street style weather.

Got smashed.

By the, at the time, completely hopeless but gloriously suntanned and coiffured Brisbane Lions.

There are no certainties in footy 🙁

Minus 10 degrees with howling winds, sleet and hail. Perfect Linton Street style weather.

Got smashed.

By the, at the time, completely hopeless but gloriously suntanned and coiffured Brisbane Lions.

Sounds like plenty of games at Waverley. That place was in some kind of arctic corridor.

Got smashed.

Got smashed by the weather or the Saints?

My recollection is of Paul Peos being pissed on mercilessly from above then just as he was lining
Up for goal, hail stones the size of Brett Ebert's head began to pound down on him. Suffice to say he missed!

Btw We won the game!

Got smashed.

On second thoughts, close the roof! I remember Waverley being my benchmark of cold, and some days so freezing, that we came home before the end of the game regardless of winning or losing.

Last edited:
Agree totally. Would have been real close but think we could have won it.

All things considered I thought we did well last week. That’s why I hesitated to melt. Gresh not the same after the hit as well.
I was like a choc coated icecream on the Sun at the umpiring non calls & errors and mostly about DMac manic panic that cost us I reckon 2 goals at each end. Harsh to be down on our own player I know but I just don't see what he's done to justify a game let alone a 3 year contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back