Preview Round 21, 2019: St.Kilda v Fremantle - Marvel Stadium, Sunday 11th August, 1:10PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 37 71.2%
  • Dockers

Votes: 15 28.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven’t been this excited for a game since Rattan’s first game he coached us in. Feels like weeks ago now.

Genuinely think we’ll win by 5-6 goals, never in doubt after quarter time.

Freo can be absolute s**t and switch it on others. I'm kind of confident but not bullish. Late season with nothing to play for can be the time where the foot comes off the pedal for us as well. If we get out to a good lead I think we will run away with it but feel less confident if it's an arm wrestle.

Freo can be absolute s**t and switch it on others. I'm kind of confident but not bullish. Late season with nothing to play for can be the time where the foot comes off the pedal for us as well. If we get out to a good lead I think we will run away with it but feel less confident if it's an arm wrestle.
The boys are genuinely playing for Rats ( as in they want him as coach ). Spoken to a few of them and they’re in love with him. He has a way of making them feel human again, but backing themselves at footballers.

Freo are so inconsistent. Played amazing last week. A lot of talk about players leaving ect. I can feel a down week for them and an up week for us. Bring it on.

I don’t think we have checked out yet, might be by myself here but I thought we were ok against the crows never dropped our heads and kept trying to last siren

I too thought we did ok...…..disappointing but ok.

Especially when I saw the stats for 6 players who we were expecting impact from and those stats were very ordinary.....Long...Parker..Lonie etc.

The fact we stayed with them for some time was amazing.

Got smashed by the weather or the Saints?

My recollection is of Paul Peos being pi**ed on mercilessly from above then just as he was lining
Up for goal, hail stones the size of Brett Ebert's head began to pound down on him. Suffice to say he missed!

Btw We won the game!
Well there you go; memory is fading.

I was sure we got beaten (remember thinking how ironical it was given the weather conditions) but a bit of googling indicates I’m remembering the game from 1994 (the year after):

2z8q5vc.jpg

From someone on BF:

“Round 19 1994: St Kilda vs Brisbane Bears at Waverley Park - In wet and gloomy conditions, St Kilda kept the Bears to 1 goal in 115 minutes of play; but a 5 minute lapse in the third quarter allowed Brisbane to kick 7 goals and it was enough for the Bears to win 8.7-55 to 5.15-45.”

So I am losing it, but not 100% of it 🤔

I was sure we got beaten (remember thinking how ironical it was given the weather conditions) but a bit of googling indicates I’m remembering the game from 1994 (the year after):

2z8q5vc.jpg

From someone on BF:

“Round 19 1994: St Kilda vs Brisbane Bears at Waverley Park - In wet and gloomy conditions, St Kilda kept the Bears to 1 goal in 115 minutes of play; but a 5 minute lapse in the third quarter allowed Brisbane to kick 7 goals and it was enough for the Bears to win 8.7-55 to 5.15-45.”

I can’t remember last weeks game.You’re going okay.

I was like a choc coated icecream on the Sun at the umpiring non calls & errors and mostly about DMac manic panic that cost us I reckon 2 goals at each end. Harsh to be down on our own player I know but I just don't see what he's done to justify a game let alone a 3 year contract.
Some moron.

On second thoughts, close the roof! I remember Waverley being my benchmark of cold, and some days so freezing, that we came home before the end of the game regardless of winning or losing.

It's 1992.....a freezing day at Artic Park.

Elim final from memory.....just as the teams are lining up for the Anthem....down comes the hail storm.

And a mighty one at that.

Man it was cold.

We hung on for the win......it sure made up for the long trip home.

2z8q5vc.jpg

From someone on BF:

Well i'll be!

Apologies oh wise Spaceman! Clearly i was deluded! :think:
Was that the Peos game? I must have gone home at half time convinced we were comfortable victors after holding them to 1 goal in a half!
Well that's my excuse anyway, and i'm sticking to it!

Man that is some 5 min lapse! 7 Goals WTF? :oops:

Someone needs to think of a joke of Jiangwan stadium, our bad performance there and dim sims. I’m too stupid to think of one.

What do you call nighttime training at Jiangwan Stadium without the floodlights on?

Dim Sim

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's 1992.....a freezing day at Artic Park.

Elim final from memory.....just as the teams are lining up for the Anthem....down comes the hail storm.

And a mighty one at that.

Man it was cold.

We hung on for the win......it sure made up for the long trip home.

First final in 97 against Brisbane was freezing and wet.

2z8q5vc.jpg

From someone on BF:

Unacceptable Doc. How dare you. I’m not sure I can glance at another hunerous pic of yours in the short term.

Taking the whole family. The 2 girls first time.

My wife's first time since she said she'd never go again after the 09' GF.

It'll be a bloodbath. The game might be ok too.

Looking forward to it. Just not the 3.5 hour drive down and back again haha.

Surprised That the club hasn't announced the opening of Level 1 yet

All I want to see is Hannebery and Steven just kill it and show with these two in the team we are going to be a major threat to every team.

I just want Hanners to show he's still up to footy. I've been the guys biggest fan all year, I want him to shut up all the critics and prove he wasn't a bad trade.

I just want Hanners to show he's still up to footy. I've been the guys biggest fan all year, I want him to shut up all the critics and prove he wasn't a bad trade.
I think he’ll need a solid year or two of A grade football to shut up his critics, not a token 3rd game in round 21.

Mikka , we will see what they can do next year , since they haven't been seen much this year - could be 3 big in's Hill , Steven , Hannebery
Steven won’t be at Saints mates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back