Game Day Round 21, 2019: St.Kilda v Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree, we’re better than this saints fans. We’re not simpletons.stop mentioning gender. Bad umpiring has nothing to do with a persons sex. Bad umpiring is simply bad umpiring

I think it's relevant because if she was a male she wouldn't be getting games, she's easily the weakest link in umpiring ranks of any gender. I don't care what set of chromosomes she has she's terrible.

Big shame about Coffield though, he was looking really good and to possibly play his best game for the club after a good game against Adelaide. Hope he recovers quickly, I reckon he'll feel an extra kick to reach the next gear now that his mate Clark has hit it.

So instead of her or him we just say it?

She/her/it is bloody terrible, even my missus cant stand her umpiring.
Dude... her name is Elani. Just use her name... look at the comments... “token female umpire”. Elani was horrible today and I swore my head off at her on the TV. but I respect that she is blazing a trail for other passionate females that want to play and officiate AFL.

That Josh Battle mark to win the game was something else. Just had a whole box of tissues stuffed up his nose, comes back on and does that, back against the flight. Reminded me of Roo; absolutely inspiring. We have a serious player on our hands in this kid.

That Josh Battle mark to win the game was something else. Just had a whole box of tissues stuffed up his nose, comes back on and does that, back against the flight. Reminded me of Roo; absolutely inspiring. We have a serious player on our hands in this kid.
Absolute gun!!!! Lock for CHB now. Don't even worry about moving him.

Dude... her name is Elani. Just use her name... look at the comments... “token female umpire”. Elani was horrible today and I swore my head off at her on the TV. but I respect that she is blazing a trail for other passionate females that want to play and officiate AFL.

Her name is umpire, she needs to learn her craft

I think it's relevant because if she was a male she wouldn't be getting games, she's easily the weakest link in umpiring ranks of any gender. I don't care what set of chromosomes she has she's terrible.
Agree she’s had a nightmare but it’s an assumption that she’s getting games because the afl want to champion diversity. If that is the case I agree it’s not healthy for supporters like us

Yes is a token umpire . Has a nice ass I think . Can only be replaced by a black gay midget to keep the equality there

On a serious note, token appointments like her, while well intentioned and designed to encourage women into umpiring, which is admirable, can backfire when the incumbent is hopeless. And she is simply not up to standard. Yet.

Give her more experience at the lower level. She can't even bounce the ball, and while that's not critical anymore, I don't think a male would be cut as much slack.

Like any bloke who's not up to it, earn a spot on merit in the lower levels. I don't know as much as I'd like about umpiring other than it's bloody difficult, but a couple of mates who do umpire at a high level, reckon she's a joke within the fraternity. Not that they'd say it out in public. End of career, I'm told.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agreed
She’s a shocker.

Firstly, that’s not her name. Secondly, she has consistent poor decisions to her name. She was dropped after the Saints West Coast game for her poor performance.

She’s not a trailblazer for women when she does such a poor job. If you think she’s doing a good job for a woman, it’s far more sexist than you might realize.

I don’t think anyone here has an issue with a female umpire, it’s important that she’s held to the same standard as any other umpire - not getting games simply because she’s a woman. Otherwise it looks like a tokenistic appointment.

Not to start an extended argument about this, I'd rather enjoy the win, but you can't actually be sure about that. There have been plenty of terribly officiated games and we've been screwed plenty of times by male umpires. I just feel an umpire like Eleni is low hanging fruit because she stands out and can be seen as that. Didn't see anything I liked from any of the umpires today (including her) personally.

He looked switched on from the first 30 seconds. Kicked a great goal for us too after working hard to get the overlap. Honestly thought he looked as good as Jake today. Criminal that he hasn’t got a NAB rising star nomination yet.

Agree, we’re better than this saints fans. We’re not simpletons.stop mentioning gender. Bad umpiring has nothing to do with a persons sex. Bad umpiring is simply bad umpiring
And regardless of gender, she is simply not up to it. Yet. Fast tracked to her disadvantage by the look if it. Needs more time in the VFL.

Just like any other umpire who is not up to it. She isn't alone, mind you. The overall standard of umpiring is as mediocre as ever. She's just reflective of that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back