Game Day Round 21, 2019: St.Kilda v Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firstly, that’s not her name. Secondly, she has consistent poor decisions to her name. She was dropped after the Saints West Coast game for her poor performance.

She’s not a trailblazer for women when she does such a poor job. If you think she’s doing a good job for a woman, it’s far more sexist than you might realize.

I don’t think anyone here has an issue with a female umpire, it’s important that she’s held to the same standard as any other umpire - not getting games simply because she’s a woman. Otherwise it looks like a tokenistic appointment.
Agree man but there is a post on this ******* feed comparing her to hitler and Jack the Ripper. There’s another calling for a black dwarf to replace her. I got on here to celebrate a win and bemone umpires and I’m reading this bullshit casual sexism. It’s not cool. Let’s try this experiment. I’ll type the word “campaigner” in this post and we’ll see if I get banned by the mod before the post comparing Elani to hitler

And regardless of gender, she is simply not up to it. Yet. Fast tracked to her disadvantage by the look if it. Needs more time in the VFL.

Just like any other umpire who is not up to it. She isn't alone, mind you. The overall standard if umpiring us as mediocre as ever. She's just reflective of that.
I honestly think the umpiring has gotten significantly worse over the last 4-5 years as rules become ambiguous. It's about ******* time we get some full time umpires in the AFL not part time amateurs, I don't care what gender they are, how old they are or anything else about them; can they do their job? No, not currently.

Agree man but there is a post on this ******* feed comparing her to hitler and Jack the Ripper. There’s another calling for a black dwarf to replace her. I got on here to celebrate a win and bemone umpires and I’m reading this bulls**t casual sexism. It’s not cool. Let’s try this experiment. I’ll type the word “campaigner” in this post and we’ll see if I get banned by the mod before the post comparing Elani to hitler
Settle down. It's clearly a joke, no one genuinely thinks she's a bigger campaigner than Hitler mate. You don't need to jump on your white steed and don your white armour, she's an adult like every other umpire and she's just as open to criticism and fan ire for being ******* god awful at her job.

Dude... her name is Elani. Just use her name... look at the comments... “token female umpire”. Elani was horrible today and I swore my head off at her on the TV. but I respect that she is blazing a trail for other passionate females that want to play and officiate AFL.

Let her blaze a trail at the expense of other teams. Quite happy for Eleni to make it, when she is up to it. That looks to be some time in the future. The distant future.

This is the problem with affirmative action and tokenism. While it warms the hearts of the virtue signallers, it does nothing for standards overall.

This is a multi million dollar industry, not a sheltered workshop for neo feminist propaganda. You don't make the weak strong by making the strong weak. Meritocracy anyone?

Not to start an extended argument about this, I'd rather enjoy the win, but you can't actually be sure about that. There have been plenty of terribly officiated games and we've been screwed plenty of times by male umpires. I just feel an umpire like Eleni is low hanging fruit because she stands out and can be seen as that. Didn't see anything I liked from any of the umpires today (including her) personally.

She also happens to be really really bad. Razor Ray is a s**t umpire and that cheat who follows Hawthorn but she I easy to spot as well as being the worst officiator in the AFL.

Clark just looks better out there every week. Very smooth, composed, quick thinking.
Pumped for Bruce - has had his ups and downs in his career, really nice bloke
Clarke got us out of half back quite a few times in the last quarter. He holds the ball until he has a good option avoiding traffic at the same time.

Good on Long too, lead all game off the forward flank and proved a good option. A bit of the unsung hero on Jacks last goal, he went hard and low and tapped it out to Steven, match winning effort.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree man but there is a post on this ******* feed comparing her to hitler and Jack the Ripper. There’s another calling for a black dwarf to replace her. I got on here to celebrate a win and bemone umpires and I’m reading this bulls**t casual sexism. It’s not cool. Let’s try this experiment. I’ll type the word “campaigner” in this post and we’ll see if I get banned by the mod before the post comparing Elani to hitler

It's humour, it's so obviously an over the top exaggeration. You need to lighten up. I have nothing against anyone umpiring if they are up to standard, three of them were terrible today one was exceptionally terrible. She was last time she umpired us too. I would be worried if people said no woman should ever umpire again or words to that effect but getting pissed of with bad umpires is pretty normal in Australia.

Eleni did seem to have a poor game, as she often does against us, but perhaps we just notice her more because of her gender?
She probably gets given the game today because it's pretty 'off broadway' - Sunday afternoon at Marvel small Melbourne team and interstate side who don't look like finals teams.
Regardless, shouldn't be umpiring next week.

Savage's last 2 weeks have been really really good. He was put on Betts after he was toweling up McKenzie and kept him quiet. With ball in hand today he was really composed and kept finding the right targets each time. Underrated player, but crucial in that backline.

Few key moments where he was excellent defensively as well today.

Let her blaze a trail at the expense of other teams. Quite happy for Eleni to make it, when she is up to it. That looks to be some time in the future. The distant future.

This is the problem with affirmative action and tokenism. While it warms the hearts of the virtue signallers, it does nothing for standards overall.

This is a multi million dollar industry, not a sheltered workshop for neo feminist propaganda. You don't make the weak strong by making the strong weak. Meritocracy anyone?

Yeah, I think she should do her time like everyone else or you risk actually stigmatising female umpires. People saying it's casual sexism to criticise her because she's a women are casually sexist more than people pointing out her flaws as an umpire.

Few key moments where he was excellent defensively as well today.

Broke lines a few times again today, I think Ratts has nurtured him. His 2019 has been very good.

Eleni did seem to have a poor game, as she often does against us, but perhaps we just notice her more because of her gender?
She probably gets given the game today because it's pretty 'off broadway' - Sunday afternoon at Marvel small Melbourne team and interstate side who don't look like finals teams.
Regardless, shouldn't be umpiring next week.

I dont care if shes a cross dressing transister, her umpiring is shocking, i dont care for gender or colour or race but she cant umpire for shyte.

We won who gives a flying about the umpires... Battle, Clark, Marshall, Long, Coffield, Paton, Bruce...future looks good.

Well said, spirit of Gary Colling. Like Big Kev when he was alive, I'm excited!"

I dare say if Hanners, Stuv, Jake, Robbo, Winx and Gears had been available all year, we'd all be cancelling September holiday plans.

Winx and Bytel will both be A grade, bookmark it. Pop them in and a FA or two and as Jackie Gleason would say, "And awaaaay we go!"

Today Stuv showed us why we should hang on to quality players. I'm sick of seeing great saints finish their careers elsewhere.

Posters here have wished Stuv well with the hope that he sneeks a premiership at Geelong. * that! How about he stays with us and sneeks a flag with us! It's not as far away as you might think.

Roma 1 touch in the first quarter and looked badly injured, yet comes out and has 19 disposals in the last 3 and ends up with 13 CP's, 2nd only to Fyfe on the ground!

Pretty sure my heart stopped when he went down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back