Preview Round 21 2021, Fremantle vs Brisbane Lions, Optus, Sunday 8th Aug 5:10pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I saw a week or two ago that the Lions have played the least amount of players this year with 31, now 32 with Cocky playing. Dogs have played 41 and other clubs who I thought had crap depth were also high 30's. Pretty damning that we've had massive injuries this year and the selectors refuse to play our squad. That says to me how crap and in bad shape our list is if they refuse to play more players. You then also need to remember that Sharp onky played 2, Ballendean 1 and guys like TBerry only 5 remembering he's been sub 7 times and barely played.

I was hopping Joyce would play this week and many weeks before and Fagan refuses to play them. I bet Dev is overlooked too in favour of any one else that has been average. I can't believe Mathieson or JBerry is getting another game to, just a bog average player these days. Same with Coleman being sub. Whats he done that is worthy of always getting selected when you wont have a look at the likes of ESmith, Mcfadyen or Joyce, same with Madden, He may be quick, but if anyone is being serious, knows he doesn't have a clue.

Freo will smash us just like I thought the Hawks would.

Shame really. I honestly thought wed be top 2 or 4 and continuously this year get smashed to bottom clubs but when I look at our age profile of the list and all the players the coach refuse to play then it highlights how bad our list is, not to mention having two of the biggest flat trackers in the comp sulking in our forward line in Joe and Charlie. I hadn't heard of half a dozen HAwks players last week and they looked a million bucks. Can we say the same about our no names?
Cruel................but fair!!!

So Neale can run laps at training but is too sick to play tomorrow?

Star midfielder Lachie Neale won’t feature in Brisbane’s bid to regain its consistency against the Dockers this weekend. The 2020 Brownlow Medallist was bedridden with gastro for most of the week and will miss the clash with his former club.

Neale returned to training on Friday but Fagan said it was too soon to rush him back into the 22.

“He’s had a lot of challenges with injury this year and we were just pretty determined to give him a spell,” Fagan said.

Strange post!!!

I know of many fans, players, coaches, admin staff who are "inspired" & excited about this up coming finals series. Sad that you are not one of them & kind of weird you cannot be excited about our team playing finals considering its been a pretty dry run in September for us up until 2019.

For Lachie, a week off might be just what he needs to prepare for a good tilt at this final series. I'm 100% sure he is inspired about playing finals as well.

Nice over reaction. Injuries to key players aside, the effort from players is worlds apart to what we’ve learnt to expect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back