Remove this Banner Ad

May 28, 2005
Hong Kong
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Springfield Isotopes
Still waiting for the hawks are doomed posters
-Loving the form from Moore,Bramble,Nash.

Did i mention J.Scrimshaw should have gone top 5 draft selection in 2016. (great pick up)

Fun fact, we've done pretty well with our 3rd round picks through the years... Worpel, Sicily, Hardwick, Kosi, Brockman, Scrimshaw

Sep 21, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Norwood
Watched the game. Is it just me or did the pies play a bit tanky? Moments where players become motionless near the ball. Unpressured turnovers.

I don't believe players tank. Many of them are playing for their contracts, places on the list, etc. Why would they purposely play poorly just to allow someone else to take their spot?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mrzohs

Premiership Player
Oct 9, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Didn't Scrimshaw go pick 7?
Yes, Ainsworth,Settelfield,Sps. 4,5,6. Scrimshaw should have gone 4th or 5th.

I would argue we have got the best picks at the top end out of the last few drafts W.day, Dgb both should of been top 3 picks. Revisit this in a few seasons.

A top 5 pick this year with good 2nd picks and we are building a good core.

Jul 10, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I've got this feeling Nash is going to be around for a long time now. Until he was put into the middle he was terrible.

He's an absolute monster that has the potential to be our version of Cripps/ Bont.
Funny I bumped into him a couple of years ago and I said I thought he should spend more time in the middle and he said he’d like that. Who knew?

Watching Scrimshaw hit targets with his elite foot skills was my highlight from this game, together with Moore’s continued growth as a dangerous small forward. Bramble has also been a revelation.
If we can recruit bring in 4 or 5 more pacy elite ball users over the next two years we will have addressed our “lack of polish” problem.
Good decision makers who can hit targets by hand and foot are our priorities.
With Sicily, Day, Jiath, Impey and DGB to come into the side, pushing Scrim, Day and Bramble up the ground, we might only need 2 class mids and a bonafide marking forward to really top us off.

Turly

Club Legend
Apr 23, 2010
mill park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Lots of potting Sam Frost over the last couple months but jesus.... he has just been fantastic for us. Does he stuff up?? Yes. But his good far outweighs the bad. Takes the game on (as a key defender) and whilst he does turn it over he also can drill targets in the middle of ground. Fantastic pickup.

A lot of negative comments about Hartigan too. Can also make the odd stuff up but has been absolutely rock solid for a packet of peanuts. How many bags has he had kicked on him? I'd say not many.

Lots of potting Sam Frost over the last couple months but jesus.... he has just been fantastic for us. Does he stuff up?? Yes. But his good far outweighs the bad. Takes the game on (as a key defender) and whilst he does turn it over he also can drill targets in the middle of ground. Fantastic pickup.

A lot of negative comments about Hartigan too. Can also make the odd stuff up but has been absolutely rock solid for a packet of peanuts. How many bags has he had kicked on him? I'd say not many.

Yeah not sure why people pot Frost when he's one of the most flexible defenders in the league. Can go to Franklin one week and keep him quiet, then Charlie Cameron the next.

Dewyyyyy

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 28, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I like Harry but his lack of leg speed concerns me if we are looking to play him on the wing. Really intelligent footballer but doesn't have a one wood as a stand out attribute. I find him to be very similar to Lipinski from Bulldogs who is struggling to get a game in a premiership contending team. I agree with Topiary, re rebuilding a premiership team i.e we have to be ruthless and really good citizens like Harry, Dan Howe, Greaves will probably need to be moved on. No point becoming a top 8 team and getting smacked in the finals
Bit stiff on him mate, he just has that time and space that no one else has, he might not be quick but he's also not slow but the fact is he also makes everyone else around him slower, he just has that time and space feel. His kicking on both feet just to find a target is great and his ability to find the best option and hit some real good kicks is why i like him. Super clean through traffic and there was a pickup v Norf earlier this year where he's picked it up through a couple inside mids and turned through traffic and hit a target.

Jun 19, 2007
On the south side now
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
nil

Frost is so much better than people realise. Was an absolute steal.

He's a ferocious defender. So quick and they just can't tackle him. I don't care that he cooks the ball sometimes I love having him in the side.

Milkshaker

Cancelled
Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Frost is so much better than people realise. Was an absolute steal.

He's a ferocious defender. So quick and they just can't tackle him. I don't care that he cooks the ball sometimes I love having him in the side.

Charlie Cameron was sh*tting himself last week. A big unit like him playing on smalls is gold. Matched Charlie for pace and completely took away any advantage he had in the air.

Thought he was great against the Pies and used the ball well. If he can eliminate the brain fades he will get a bit more respect.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back