Preview Round 21, 2021: Hawthorn v Collingwood 8 August 2021, 2.10pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im looking forward to the boys getting a win for dimma's 100 games
I hope Collingwood come out firing and genuinely beat us. Take the honourable loss.

A win hear is meaningless and would potentially hurt our long term plans.
As I said earlier, the club can’t win.

I get both sides of the argument, I really do and I want the best possible draft pick as well.

However what does make me laugh is there are some that preach “We must not win this game because it will cost us spots in the draft order” that then go into full on “We are s**t” mode, when we deliver them this said loss. :drunk:

Some seem to want to have it both ways.

Last edited:
I thought we were trying to get as many games into our kids as possible to fast track there development, dgb was sore so I can understand that call but Reeves and brockman missing is an absolute joke, on top of Morris's form not being rewarded .

First game in a very long time I won't bother watching.
We know Reeves is a gem , this will be about trying to get max value for Ceglar in a possible trade .

He aint getting us anything playing VFL , we need him to play well and hopefully sides deseprate for a mature ruckman come knocking and it boosts his value a bit .

We know Reeves is a gem , this will be about trying to get max value for Ceglar in a possible trade .

He aint getting us anything playing VFL , we need him to play well and hopefully sides deseprate for a mature ruckman come knocking and it boosts his value a bit .

Manage mcevoy then, Reeves out of anyone needs time in the seniors.

Teams aren’t stupid, they know what ceglar brings to the table, one or two good games to finish the year isn’t going to boost his value. I think if anything we’d struggle to find a suitor and can’t see us getting anything inside pick 50 for him

We haven’t had a spoon since 1965. Bettered only by Geelong’s 1958! I don’t want to match the Dees on 12 spoons; happy to remain out of medal contention for “worst team of all time”. Anyone who doesn’t want to smash the Pies this week is a bum!

View attachment 1198302
North aren't winning two more games, we've avoided the spoon.

Reeves and brockman missing is an absolute joke, on top of Morris's form not being rewarded .

First game in a very long time I won't bother watching.
Reeves has done a mountain of work and Brockman hasn't done enough.
Dem true colours of you are shining through

(Log in to remove this ad.)

indeed you’re (probably) right but,

“Beware the lollipop of mediocrity, lick it once once you’ll suck forever!”

Like St Kilda.

Belting the Suns in the final round last year didn't make one Iota difference to this season, so not overly fussed if we lose the last 3.

North aren't winning two more games, we've avoided the spoon.
North are every chance to win today..
they are better than even money to beat the crows in the last round.
I am Happy to finish exactly where we are and have the left overs of Callaghan or Horne.
Having said that I think we’ll win tomorrow and potentially beat tigers who have checked out for the year of will do by the last round.
Perhaps get Neil Erasmus who looks a gem but not absolutely first choice.

As I said earlier, the club can’t win.

I get both sides of the argument, I really do and I want the best possible draft pick as well.

However what does make me laugh is there are some that preach “We must not win this game because it will cost us spots in the draft order” that then go into full on “We are sh*t” mode, when we deliver them this said loss. :drunk:

Some seem to want to have it both ways.

Your point would be valid if they weren't separate issues. We are already bad, and have been for a few seasons now. Winning/losing this game doesn't change that.

I would like us to be less-bad in the future, so getting pick two (don't really want Clarko going out with a spoon, even if that would be the best for our long term future) would give us a better chance of making that improvement in the following years.

Ultimately we may end up drafting the player we always wanted (that was available) anyway, like last season.

Last edited:
And the difference between pick 1 and 4 can still be Tom Boyd and Marcus Bontempelli.
And between 2 and 5 a Jono O'Rourke compared to a Darcy Parish.

It's also unreasonable to throw all the eggs in the basket of a single 18 year old.

If we acquire more first rounders we shouldn't be losing too much sleep if we have pick 4 or 5 instead of 2.

That's not really anything to do with the picks, and everything to do with the teams selecting the wrong player. St Kilda, GWS had the options of picking McCartin, O'Rourke, Boyd or Petracca, Parish, The Bont. Melbourne, Essendon and the Doggies were simply left with whoever hadn't been taken.

Do you trust other clubs to not pick the best talents so that we can swoop?

I agree that if we somehow trade our way into getting another first then that changes things. But right now we don't have that second first... A bird in the hand and all that.

I would love to see Moore take out the club leading goal kicking award. A great way for him to finish off the year. He needs 9 goals to overtake Breust.

Leading goal kickers - Round 19
1. Breust 33
2. Moore 25
3. Koschitzke 22

Past Winners
2005: Williams
2006: Williams
2007: Franklin
2008: Franklin
2009: Franklin
2010: Franklin
2011: Franklin
2012: Franklin
2013: Roughead
2014: Roughead
2015: Gunston
2016: Gunston
2017: Roughead
2018: Breust
2019: Breust
2020: Gunston
2021: Breust*

Franklin (6)
Roughead (3)
Gunston (3)
Breust (3)*
Williams (2)

And it did for poppy and stratts. That goal that stratts and poppy kicked will be their lasting memory.

I'd say their 3peat premiership medals and being part of one of the greatest ever sides will be. Though it was nice for them to go out on a high like that.

Ultimately I'd don't cost us, given where we rated DGB. But it did give Sydney a big leg-up.

I would love to see Moore take out the club leading goal kicking award. A great way for him to finish off the year. He needs 9 goals to overtake Breust.

1. Breust 33
2. Moore 25
3. Koschitzke 22

Past Winners

Franklin (6)
Roughead (3)
Gunston (3)
Breust (3)*
Williams (2)

I don't. Breust deserves it.

But I'd be happy if he kicks another 7, or even 8. :)

1. Breust 33
2. Moore 25
3. Koschitzke 22

Past Winners

Franklin (6)
Roughead (3)
Gunston (3)
Breust (3)*
Williams (2)

Won't happen and Punky deserves it.

We haven’t had a spoon since 1965. Bettered only by Geelong’s 1958! I don’t want to match the Dees on 12 spoons; happy to remain out of medal contention for “worst team of all time”. Anyone who doesn’t want to smash the Pies this week is a bum!

View attachment 1198302

Never like finishing last. That's Carlspoon's department.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back