Preview Round 21, 2021: Hawthorn v Collingwood 8 August 2021, 2.10pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we just get Saunders into the side for Breust this week?

He hasn't been killing it at BHH, more just solid, but the constant comments about him are about his pressure and work-rate which i'd love to see in our side as a small to complement Moore.

Can anyone lend us a hand with what "red zone running" is?

I know there is a red zone heart rate which is when you push yourself to 90-100% of your max heart rate. So it could be that or just running over a certain speed I.e. sprinting

Would think this is the ideal game to debut a player or 2 and reward some strong VFL form .

This really is your genuine ' hope we win but wont be devestated if we lose' type game unfortunately .
Especially if the Tigs beat North on the Saturday.

If we make multiple unforced changes after a good win, it will truly be a new era.

Mitchell to get 55 touches.

His games against collingwood (ignoring 2020 shorter game format) have yielded the following numbers:

16, 26, 41, 30, 50, 35, 54

1628076728319.png

I wonder if Harvey feels as Buckley does.

Game sold out. Wow.
Am going to be in Tassie and was going to go to this, but all the tickets were gone by the time AFL members tickets were released. You'd think they'd have an allocation. Especially since we've been to * all games in Melbourne.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Am going to be in Tassie and was going to go to this, but all the tickets were gone by the time AFL members tickets were released. You'd think they'd have an allocation. Especially since we've been to fu** all games in Melbourne.
They have a 2nd sale and reserve seats sale on Saturday.

Mitchell to get 55 touches.

His games against collingwood (ignoring 2020 shorter game format) have yielded the following numbers:

16, 26, 41, 30, 50, 35, 54

View attachment 1196106

I wonder if Harvey feels as Buckley does.
You know for a second their I thought you meant Sam Mitchell 🤣

Honestly though if Sam pulled on the boots this week he probably could rack up a lazy 50 touches, boy he used to love playing against the Pies!

Can anyone lend us a hand with what "red zone running" is?

Usually it is a heartbeat range defined by a persons level of fitness. So you and I probably don’t have the same red zone but we can both have kpi for time in red zone. Too much time is actually a bad thing in endurance events like running or cycling. You usually only get so many efforts into the red zone before you blow up and can’t put out the base level effort. You get forced to slow down. But in a sport based on repeat efforts like AFL, I can see it being a measure of effort and sacrifice.

edit: here is an example of training data from a gun amateur runner I know. Zone 5 is red zone so for him that is over 189 beats per minute. For an Olympian runner representing Australia it is over 194.

1628121466430.png

Last edited:
Usually it is a heartbeat range defined by a persons level of fitness. So you and I probably don’t have the same red zone but we can both have kpi for time in red zone. Too much time is actually a bad thing in endurance events like running or cycling. You usually only get so many efforts into the red zone before you blow up and can’t put out the base level effort. You get forced to slow down. But in a sport based on repeat efforts like AFL, I can see it being a measure of effort and sacrifice.

edit: here is an example of training data from a gun amateur runner I know. Zone 5 is red zone so for him that is over 189 beats per minute. For an Olympian runner representing Australia it is over 194.

View attachment 1196372
Do players where heart rate monitors during games? Or perhaps he's just guessing based on the look of how hard they're running or something.

I also wasn't sure about the 'red zone' references in his reviews. After googling I thought perhaps it was a reference to NFL where the red zone is the last section before the scoring end zone. Which I guess the equivalent in AFL would be the 50m arc or some unmarked area within it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back