Preview Round 21, 2021: Hawthorn v Collingwood 8 August 2021, 2.10pm @ MCG

Status
Not open for further replies.
All part of the learning experience. Personally if he's not injured then I believe he should be played in every single game.
Mate he is probably really sore. It was the right time to rest him

He will be back next week

Apr 14, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Hawthorn
DGB will have to do a huge amount of work on his fitness base in the summer if he needs to be rested on a 7 day break after only 5 games of league footy.
Fair to say has lots of work to do on his fitness and in the gym, but would be being rested for pulling up sore.

Or has a niggle the club isn’t being transparent about..

Jun 11, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
GSW
Very strong possibilty knowing Hawthorn.

his body is very slight for the role he's been playing, and more importantly, the way he's been playing. he plays like he's clinically insane

he's probably sore as *. it also gives us an opportunity to take a look at Morris off HB or something similar, (i think most are already at least 80% sure DGB will be in our best 18 come next year) so i think its fine

Nov 21, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chelsea, Detroit Pistons
his body is very slight for the role he's been playing, and more importantly, the way he's been playing. he plays like he's clinically insane

he's probably sore as fu**. it also gives us an opportunity to take a look at Morris off HB or something similar, (i think most are already at least 80% sure DGB will be in our best 18 come next year) so i think its fine

Can't wait until he's 22/23 and starts to really hurt some opposition forwards.

Feels like he could be a good candidate in future when forwards are asked 'who do you hate to play on the most?'

Rocket72

Club Legend
Oct 16, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks
I really hope Morris is selected. His form in the VFL as a defender has been very impressive.

Agreed, really keen to see him tested at AFL level now. He's named on the extended bench so I will be watching the update with interest.

Feb 5, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chicago Blackhawks Melb Renegades
Collingwood play short up forward. Perfect week for one of our tall defenders to miss and certainly a good time to give DGB a spell.

Earlier this season a lot of us probably thought we wouldn't see him at all this season.

Now he can win the rising star next season too!

FMD. Bring on 2022 and beyond. Christ 😩 we’re 17th and dropping “managing” all our younger talents. Wtf
Aren’t you in the other threads saying that we shouldn’t be trying to win pointless games?

Sep 8, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
There are no other teams
No Reeves WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
The club can’t win.

Win the game and the “That shitty meaningless win has cost us a couple of spots in the draft order” brigade, are outraged.

Don’t win a game and the “We are s**t” brigade, have a field day.

I do agree with you though, I have no idea why Ned is not playing.

But I do giggle at some that get outraged by someone not playing and then getting pissed off when we win and put our top 2 or 3 draft pick at risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back