Preview Round 21, 2021 | North Melbourne vs. Richmond @ MCG | Saturday, August 7 @ 4:35pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sphynx

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
And since it's an away game for us with no possibility of a crowd in Melbourne, who cares if it is moved?

Possibly the players?

We didn’t play at the MCG in 2020.

We possibly won’t play on the MCG in 2021.

We will no doubt only get one game there next year.

It’s kind of an important ground to get to know.....

The last game we played there was Rnd 3 2019, 2.5 years ago.

Some of our 3rd and 4th year players have never played on the ground, let that sink in for second.

We’ve played at the ground 15 times in the last decade, which included some finals. That’s just mental considering 4 Melbourne clubs have it as a home ground.

Fact of the matter is, we play at Metricon and Optus more than we do the MCG.

Oct 9, 2003
Singapore / 30,000 feet
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Eagles (NFL), Suns (NBA)
Yes and the AFL have offered Tasmania to Richmond.

Talk there’s a fair chance it might be moved.
I suspect the Tigers would choose the MCG. This week is their season, and they need every advantage they can get. Their home ground, no travel, not giving us a leg up by playing in Tassie..

The game against Geelong proved that we need to clean up the turnovers. We don't need any additions to it. No Lachie Young, thanks

The turnovers occur mainly as a result of perceived pressure. Young is not necessarily any worse than the vast majority of our players on that measure. He wouldn’t be in my first twenty two at this point in time. However, I wouldn’t rule him out altogether. He’ll get further opportunities to prove himself, I’m sure. The whole team will improve, hopefully, with more game-plan practise and experience. Confidence plays into this as well. Having said that, players like Cunners, Tarrant, TT, Phillips and Powell are a step above the rest of the team when it comes to maintaining possession. Atu looks promising too.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

franjon

Premiership Player
Oct 27, 2004
Altona
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
none
The turnovers occur mainly as a result of perceived pressure. Young is not necessarily any worse than the vast majority of our players on that measure. He wouldn’t be in my first twenty two at this point in time. However, I wouldn’t rule him out altogether. He’ll get further opportunities to prove himself, I’m sure. The whole team will improve, hopefully, with more game-plan practise and experience. Confidence plays into this as well. Having said that, players like Cunners, Tarrant, TT, Phillips and Powell are a step above the rest of the team when it comes to maintaining possession. Atu looks promising too.

The perceived, which is not peceived, pressure occur because of turnovers
I've seen enough, he isn't a requirement. We're supposed to be fixing our ball use, not adding perceived what it may do but never does..

Like Optus the other week, playing at the G is going to really suit our kicking gameplan. If we maintain possession as well as we have in recent weeks, then it restricts Richmond's ability to play their pressure game. That's gonna be the deciding factor imo.
The wider spaces will test our defensive structures as well, so that's another positive.

More experience these young blokes get playing on the MCG the better.

I've seen enough, he isn't a requirement. We're supposed to be fixing our ball use, not adding perceived what it may do but never does..

Fair enough. I can see you’re more of a “binary” guy than me. What’s with the “peceived” comment? What have I missed? I didn’t think I made that typo.

Nov 7, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I suspect the Tigers would choose the MCG. This week is their season, and they need every advantage they can get. Their home ground, no travel, not giving us a leg up by playing in Tassie..

If they win this, I’ll happily join in Yellow and Black at the end of the game.

At full strength we would wipe the floor with them in their current state, no Thomas, Zurhaar and Cunners makes it 60:40 in their favour.

Will we be able to attend?

Oct 9, 2003
Singapore / 30,000 feet
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Eagles (NFL), Suns (NBA)
If they win this, I’ll happily join in Yellow and Black at the end of the game.

At full strength we would wipe the floor with them in their current state, no Thomas, Zurhaar and Cunners makes it 60:40 in their favour.
Thomas and Cam are expected back this week according to Nobes.
Will we be able to attend?
I won't be, I'm 6000 kms away.

Roos4eva

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 7, 2003
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Western United FC
It’ll be good to see us play on the MCG again.

Depending on who’s back, but either way, reckon we’ll win by 20+ points.

Another rubbish poster that likes to shitcan our own players - fantastic!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back