Preview Round 21, 2021 | North Melbourne vs. Richmond @ MCG | Saturday, August 7 @ 4:35pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
The wider spaces will test our defensive structures as well, so that's another positive.

More experience these young blokes get playing on the MCG the better.

MCG is 160m long and 141m wide. It is 0.5m longer than Docklands and 12.2m wider, so a bit more than 6m on each side. Arden Street is the same dimensions as Docklands. I am not sure if it is that much harder to cover that space.

Ether

Club Legend
Oct 21, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
MCG is 160m long and 141m wide. It is 0.5m longer than Docklands and 12.2m wider, so a bit more than 6m on each side. Arden Street is the same dimensions as Docklands. I am not sure if it is that much harder to cover that space.
I beg to differ. Richmond's multi premiership winning game plan works at the MCG and much less well at Docklands or smaller grounds. It ain't because of the wind. I think the new Perth stadium is the same dimensions as the G and you can bet that's no coincidence.

May 28, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks
When will we know about crowds for this weekend?

No crowds in Melb this week.

"Victoria will end a two-week lockdown at 11.59pm on Tuesday but Premier Daniel Andrews said AFL matches will continue to be held behind closed doors for at least rounds 20 and 21."

Sounds like not much, but in reality MCG does play very differently, especially for forwards and defenders. I reckon if we put up the same forward line as we did last week, we'll struggle to score even 6 goals.

franjon

Premiership Player
Oct 27, 2004
Altona
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
none
Fair enough
emoji106.png
. I can see you’re more of a “binary” guy than me. What’s with the “peceived” comment? What have I missed? I didn’t think I made that typo.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I just like using it. I never thought you would resort to spellcheck, but nyway. I stuffed up there, too. :) I just don't think Young cuts it. Not a fan, too many mistakes and too often. I may end up wrong, but I doubt it.

Yeah surely assuming low/no cases tomorrow they can have some crowds in Vic this weekend?
They already said no, so that would be unlikely. But when you look at the situation objectively, I would say it would be a reasonably safe thing to allow. But that would mean other restrictions would need to be lifted as well, and Andrews wouldn't want to announce that until next Monday/Tuesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back