Preview Round 21, 2021: St.Kilda v Sydney - Marvel Stadium, Saturday 7th August, 7:40PM AEST *PRIDE GAME* *COFFIELD 50TH*

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Swans

Votes: 28 75.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice melts, people.👊🏼
so all that talk about Paddy not playing was rubbish?
Heard KB on the radio today - Paddy had an Achilles and Billings a hammy 🙄

Just can’t see what they see in Kent. I don’t get it. Would have given Lonie another go.

Anyone notice on the day Long is dropped Shai Bolton resigns with Richmond

Fit players not picked:

Allison (emergency) - surely nowhere near.
Bytel (emergency) - would be in if Dunstan wasn't playing for a contract.
Hunter (emergency) - weird not picking him considering we've only got one ruck now.
Lonie (emergency) - surely gone at the end of the year if he can't play ahead of Kent.
Clavarino - stiff but I understand Joyce ahead of him, he'll get another year.
Frawley - too old, too slow, if he can't get picked when Dougs is out then may as well shuffle off.
Hannebery - I guess needs another VFL game.
Long - is he contracted? Just about out of time imo.
McKernan - forgot he was still on the list, maybe not match fit?

Not much in this barrel.

Half expecting us to arse a win here...but I'm not expecting many of us to go into a dancing celebration of "what a great club we have" mode. I think most of us are fairly drained after being teased all year. It'll be more of a "good win to add to the inconsistency f*CK pile" mode.

If we somehow manage to get up and snag a win I’ll be focusing on the performances of our younger and more inexperienced players like Byrnes, Sharman, Joyce and Connolly.

There’s really no hope in making finals now so even if we win we shouldn’t let it crawl back into our mindset.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Fit players not picked:

Hunter (emergency) - weird not picking him considering we've only got one ruck now.
Lonie (emergency) - surely gone at the end of the year if he can't play ahead of Kent.
Frawley - too old, too slow, if he can't get picked when Dougs is out then may as well shuffle off.

Not much in this barrel.
Might only one of that lot that gets a game in the 1's next year. Maybe 2

Clavarino may as well give it away now, clearly gone at the end of the year.

Nothing against the bloke but I'm not sure how any club can keep someone one the list for 4 years and the player only manages 3 games.
Pretty surprised they haven't picked him tbh. If Sydney can get in in there their forwards will molest us trying to play Joyce as the sole kpd.

Half expecting us to arse a win here...but I'm not expecting many of us to go into a dancing celebration of "what a great club we have" mode. I think most of us are fairly drained after being teased all year. It'll be more of a "good win to add to the inconsistency f*CK pile" mode.

You say that now. I do it every time but the moment we are up by three goals I'm back in delusion town drunk naked and with no memory of how I got there.

You say that now. I do it every time but the moment we are up by three goals I'm back in delusion town drunk naked and with no memory of how I got there.

A shrink would have a field day with we Saints’ tragics.

Fit players not picked:

Not much in this barrel.
Awfully grim list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fit players not picked:

Well if we picked him, we would still only have one ruckman. ;)

We are better off just going with Marshall as at least the extra player in the 22 in place of Hunter will be of some value.

And as is stands it is probably Sharman, and I think with our season now gone that it is an excellent idea to get some games into him to see how he goes and to build his experience. Whereas Hunter simply has no future at the Saints.

Small forward Dean Kent's 2021 season so far.

4 games, 0 goals, 5 behinds

Could there be any better personification of a liability?

That’s just trash. Some of you are living in la-la land, where you think that just because they’re well paid or something that that makes them some sort of machines, or robots, who aren’t affected by mental or physical fatigue and so-on.

I’m sure others are worse off, but they’d almost certainly perform even worse, as a result of the affect being worse off would have on them.

Our guys handled being away from home and in a bubble for 100 days extremely well last year, but sometimes things just take a toll.

Except on the super-humans like your good self of course.
Well then since you seem to know it all , care to give me the reasons why we have s**t the bed on so many occasions this year, oh that's right we have have injuries

Small forward Dean Kent's 2021 season so far.

4 games, 0 goals, 5 behinds

Could there be any better personification of a liability?

The only thing that could explain it is that he's playing some role that we can't work out. He seems to be doing what Membrey does and roaming a fair bit. Perhaps he's tagging out the defensive rebounder or something. He certainly isn't obviously earning his spot.

Same with Phunty, he was good in that first quarter when he blocked for King every time the ball came in. It meant that Carlton had to put a back man on him to block hm blocking space so pulled a player out of the chain. Perhaps why Sharman could come in and find mountains of space that the other lead up forwards couldn't. Judging him as ruckman was probably unfair, he didn't do much rucking.

On that yesterday on SEN they said Liam Jones had lost one 1 on 1 all year from about 101 contests. Not bad for a guy who was a spud as a forward.

You forgot his 21 marks, 15 tackles and 15 i50's.
It amazes me the vitriol towards Kent, yet Long escapes without any scrutiny. Park Hannebery to one side, for me, Long is the one of the most disappointing players on our list. The kid oozes with talent but struggles to perform on a consistent basis.

Well if we picked him, we would still only have one ruckman. ;)

We are better off just going with Marshall as at least the extra player in the 22 in place of Hunter will be of some value.

And as is stands it is probably Sharman, and I think with our season now gone that it is an excellent idea to get some games into him to see how he goes and to build his experience. Whereas Hunter simply has no future at the Saints.

Yeah, probably right. I’m just wondering who relieves Marshall in the ruck. There’s only two guys in the side taller than 194!

It amazes me the vitriol towards Kent, yet Long escapes without any scrutiny. Park Hannebery to one side, for me, Long is the one of the most disappointing players on our list. The kid oozes with talent but struggles to perform on a consistent basis.
It's because Kent got the ball but made mistakes with it, whereas Long has barely touched it in 3 weeks so just gets forgotten.

Yeah, probably right. I’m just wondering who relieves Marshall in the ruck. There’s only two guys in the side taller than 194!
Yep that's why I'm so surprised they didn't include Clav.

That way they could at least use Joyce against Sam Reid and at least have one person over 192 cm in the back half.

Imagine the melts when Hickey kicks 6!!!

It's because Kent got the ball but made mistakes with it, whereas Long has barely touched it in 3 weeks so just gets forgotten.

That happened a bit in the Carlton game. The guys that got the ball were the ones in our sights while the guys who went missing got let off the hook.

Fine if games were decided on field stats and not scores
Missed some shots but 15 i50's suggests that he is being asked to play further up the field so goals from him may not be the highest priority from the selectors.

The fact that he stayed and Long was dropped confirms that he doing better at what ever it is the coaches are asking both to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back