Preview Round 21, 2021: St.Kilda v Sydney - Marvel Stadium, Saturday 7th August, 7:40PM AEST *PRIDE GAME* *COFFIELD 50TH*

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Swans

Votes: 28 75.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sinclair, Joyce, Coffield, DMAC in.

Clark, Howard, Billing’s, Hunter, Long out.

Swans unchanged.

Our defence gets a big boost minus Howard.

Coffield’s 50th game, and we are in a primetime slot HOWEVER we are heavily expected to lose so it’s really a 50/50 😉

Last edited:
Well if you can’t be arsed looking it up I’m sure as sh*t not going to do it for you, but I didn’t say that doing what we did last week (or what Collingwood did last year) had to have a detrimental effect on the team the following week, but in years past plenty of teams didn’t go well the week after playing in Perth, and that didn’t involve quarantine.

I agree that this team seems to lack the ideal mental strength, but that’s different from being off physically, or simply low in energy.

It’s hard to just manufacture energy out of thin air when it’s simply not there.

It’s one thing for the mind to be willing, but if the body’s not able, the body’s not able.
In the last it did have an effect, but with everything when it comes to recovery etc, I wouldn't think it would have that much of an effect on players.

I don't get how they could be low in energy or whatever Ratts wants to use as an excuse. They didn't just sit in a room for 14 days, but had daily training sessions along with a game. Came back to Melb had a week to train/prepare and performed like they have throughout the season which was dog sh!t.

Ratts and the players are becoming good at finding excuses why we are turning in such crap performances.

Our mids have had their pants pulled down bar Steele and Jones in the last 4 or so weeks. Good to see that Bytel cant break into this mighty side while Ross/Kent and a few others continue to get a game.

Our integrity and selection has been shambolic. How poorly does Kent need to play to be dropped. Has been worse than long the last 2 weeks. Yet still holds his spot.

I've given up with this coaching team.

Need a clear out. Ratts and co.

Sinclair, Joyce, Coffield, DMAC in.

Clark, Howard, Billing’s, Hunter, Long out.

Swans unchanged.

Our defence gets a big boost minus Howard.

Coffield’s 50th game, and we are in a primetime slot HOWEVER we are heavily expected to lose so it’s really a 50/50

dVl5e0T.gif

Matthew Allison a medical sub chance.

That seems very premature given his numbers in the VFL. That being said, I was surprised and impressed with Sharman and we have a monstrous injury list so play the kids.

I reckon it’ll be Bytel. We love to make him the medical sub. Assuming no VFL as well cause of the lockdown.

That seems very premature given his numbers in the VFL. That being said, I was surprised and impressed with Sharman and we have a monstrous injury list so play the kids.

I reckon it’ll be Bytel. We love to make him the medical sub this weekend. Assuming no VFL cos of the lockdown as well.
Other than Hunter he's the only tall player named as an emergency.

Don't think it matters - can't see the round happening given Victoria will be in lockdown in an hours time.

I just read that Billings laid his first tackle in a month on Friday night.

I mean he isn't that type of in and under player or whatever but for *s sake can he put two arms around a bloke a couple of times? Wouldn't hurt?

So many of these guys need a spell in the reserves it's not even funny. And I like most of them as players but * me are we taking the piss or what? Make a few hard calls, the season is dead & buried (pretty much) - if there was any time to do it wouldn't it be now?

What is with the persistence of players who don't meet the standard required? How else does a player get a real kick up the arse other than being put back into the reserves? Where's the wake up call?

Has a bit of going through the motions about it...the soul searching sessions and home truth discussions don't mean as much when you don't act on them I reckon. I wonder what message the players are getting about their own individual performance and how they feel seeing players under-performing and still getting picked. Patience is starting to wear thin with even the most steadfast supporters I feel. I reckon most supporters wouldn't even see an issue with the club going for youth and moving magnets in the final three games. Nobody cares if regular 22's are out in the final games of the year when finals is a lost cause.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All the best at your new club, Bytel.

In all seriousness, I can only imagine that we're trying to boost Dunstan's numbers and value....

But they should be giving Bytel free licence in the middle for the last three matches. None of this med sub or filling gaps rubbish.

All the best at your new club, Bytel.

In all seriousness, I can only imagine that we're trying to boost Dunstan's numbers and value....

But they should be giving Bytel free licence in the middle for the last three matches. None of this med sub or filling gaps rubbish.
Bytel knows that Dunny's spot is his, as early as next year. He'd be loco to bail now, great mates with The Kings. Rest easy.

Dunstan has got 3 games to prove that his efforts since coming back in up until the Perth game were not a mirage and he is worth a second rounder to a club looking for an inside ball pig/tagger.

Kent does the team things well, all players have the yips, he'll never be a star but he at least is good at getting in the way and giving Max separation for his marks.

Buddy will crucify us, our only hope is for all our interceptors to intercept, to win the midfield battle and stop the delivery.

It's going to be ugly in any case. Can't confidently expect a win, but it's not impossible. I predict yet another demoralising heavy loss after the floodgates open in the 2nd quarter, with a few worthless free kicks our way for cheap goals to Max and Coops to make this year's ump stats look better.

Swans by 45

I have a vague understanding of why Kent would be in the team in a general sense, both structure wise and VFL performance, but not based on the games he's played over the past few weeks. IMO his papers would be stamped, and even if Bytel isn't the player to take his spot, Long or Lonie should be given that opportunity.

It’s been said before, but, the Kent must have pics!
Kenty has been handing pies under the table to Ratts during oppo meetings, they are trying to keep things under wraps so for Kent's good work he gets gifted a game (probably to pay for more pies actually).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back