Preview Round 21, 2021: St.Kilda v Sydney - Marvel Stadium, Saturday 7th August, 7:40PM AEST *PRIDE GAME* *COFFIELD 50TH*

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Swans

Votes: 28 75.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is not gonna be pretty. We've been slaughtered on the outside at Marvel this year, Swans forwards will have a field day - Buddy might get to the 1000 this week!!

Out: Kent, Howard, Billings, Hunter
In: Dmac, Clav or Frawley, Coffield, Ryder

Billings is clearly not right, no point continuing with him at this stage. If they persist with him, then Connolly probably has a spell - he's got some tools to build on but he needs to be better than 10 kicks and no tackles across half back.

As someone with an MCC (that hardly gets used) is this a possibility? Doesn’t seem like the kind of thing that would ever go our way but I’d be down!

They won't do it especially since no-one attends our games. We can hardly fill one tier of Marvel. They aren't going to move us. The only want big attendance sides there otherwise it cost money to have it open.

I honestly can't remember feeling this angry about the team, than what I do right now. I could understand the Richo years to some extent because the list was poor...being despondent doesn't bother me, because I'm used to it with this mob. To me there is no excuse, the calibre of some of the guys we have is far better, probably the best we've had since 2010...and it just pains me to watch us be so crap. I had us finishing anywhere from 6th to 12th, but some stupid part of me didn't think we'd actually be near the lower mark. You're right that it's better for us to stink it up for the remainder of the year at this stage...but I'm pissed about it, and I am a pretty chilled out dude. It's just the idea that we all go for a team that can play & mix it with the best, but that they seemingly choose not to.

I think part of it is the expectation of finals. We have done a near full rebuild since Lethlean arrived 3 years ago. We have one gun and a bunch of GOPs and some developing youth. Our best talent is relatively young and our improvement will come from the kids.

We don't have much actualised talent so we are either going to have a whole lot come on and be ahead of expectation or we are back in the pack trying to find pieces.

If Lethlean started 3 years ago and has done a near full pull down rebuild we probably realistically should't be ready to start playing for premierships until year 5 and because we have starting with older players first we probably need to think year 7. If you temper your expectation and think that anything before that is a bonus it makes footy much more bearable. Probably about the exact time King comes into his prime and an old Steele can go out on top.

We don't have much actualised talent so we are either going to have a whole lot come on and be ahead of expectation or we are back in the pack trying to find pieces.

This part sums up my issue. I can see the pieces and the talent, but have had a year of it not coming together. It's actually the players giving me the s*its this time around with their attitude. I think behind the scenes we are good. If we change up some of the coaching panel, and get a harder edge when it comes to standards I'll relax a bit.
George posted a comment on another thread that along with yourself defines the issues really well. I hope we get Bucks or another ex-senior coach in. It would be good for Ratts to have a bloke that can see the game slightly different (Won't be Clarkson unfortunately)

Might be an unpopular opinion but I'd love to give Dunstan's midfield minutes to Bytel for the last 3 weeks.
It would be common sense imo

If Lethlean started 3 years ago and has done a near full pull down rebuild we probably realistically should't be ready to start playing for premierships until year 5 and because we have starting with older players first we probably need to think year 7. If you temper your expectation and think that anything before that is a bonus it makes footy much more bearable. Probably about the exact time King comes into his prime and an old Steele can go out on top.
Problem is we've gone for a reno rather than a rebuild which tends to happen when you have ambitious ring-ins that are only at the club for a handful of years before they walk away with the club on fire.

We only have 5 players under the age of 21 and 2 of them came in the recent mid-season draft, if we go all in for Ben King as expected then we could be staring at an awful list profile if the King's aren't the twin messiahs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ross will do

Dunstan

Long or kent and move some magnets around

Can you honestly not see the logic in getting games into him?
Dunstan hasn't warranted being dropped. Neither has Ross.

I think him playing full games in the midfield in the VFL and earning his spot back is better for his development than bringing him in and sticking him in the forward pocket as a Kent replacement.

Dunstan hasn't warranted being dropped. Neither has Ross.

I think him playing full games in the midfield in the VFL and earning his spot back is better for his development than bringing him in and sticking him in the forward pocket as a Kent replacement.

Clark will be out and Kent should be. Hunter too. There’s a spot for Bytel.

Glad this game has been moved to Saturday night as I hate Sunday games, it's much easier to drink on Saturday night than Sunday afternoon.

Don't think we've had this many prime time games since the Ross Lyon days when we were a top 4 side and actually deserved prime time games.

We haven't really deserved them this year with the way we've played but hopefully we can least put up a competitive performance against Sydney.

Clark will be out and Kent should be. Hunter too. There’s a spot for Bytel.
With the outs this week, there could be a spot for him this week.

But the original comment I was replying too said he should have been in 3 weeks ago. Except, no one in the midfield group deserved to be dropped then.

Problem is we've gone for a reno rather than a rebuild which tends to happen when you have ambitious ring-ins that are only at the club for a handful of years before they walk away with the club on fire.

We only have 5 players under the age of 21 and 2 of them came in the recent mid-season draft, if we go all in for Ben King as expected then we could be staring at an awful list profile if the King's aren't the twin messiahs.

Yeah, you pay 5 years down the track for non recruiting. It's what we did under Lyon. It would want a couple of years worth of playing off for premierships in between that.

Ross will do

Dunstan

Long or kent and move some magnets around

Can you honestly not see the logic in getting games into him?

I reckon Ross is an easy target. Him and Dunny were trying. Membrey, Billings, Long, Butler, Crouch and a few mates looked half arsed. They should be first out. I'd bring him in for Crouch and Lonie for Butts. Might as well retain some pretence of selection integrity while tanking.

At this point I’d honestly take the trainee receptionist to replace Kent in the team this week, gee-whiz.

NU1pFdG.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back