Preview Round 21, 2021: St.Kilda v Sydney - Marvel Stadium, Saturday 7th August, 7:40PM AEST *PRIDE GAME* *COFFIELD 50TH*

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Swans

Votes: 28 75.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Munga

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 2, 2003
AFL Club
St Kilda
Play the youth, that's something we care about. At least Clav should get a decent run now and hopefully not be played out of position. And get Bytel in for the waste of space that was our midfield tonight. Keep Sharman, Connelly, Byrnes, Highmore in. Ditch the plodders, butchers and stat padders playing for themselves.

Sep 27, 2012
Behind You
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Phoenix Suns
Time to put some blokes on ice.
Hill clearly hurt his calf.
Ryder sounds touch and go with Achilles
Sinclair's hammy cant be fantastic
DMac's concussion has taken longer than normal

Not available this round anyway but send Wood, Howard and Clark off to heal and attack pre-season

Bring in the kids:
IN: Bytel, Clav, Joyce, Sharman, Coff (sub)
OUT: Clark, Howard, Hill, Long

Now we can’t/won’t make finals we just have to play the kids.

And it’s got nothing to do with tanking/draft picks.

It’s got everything to do with providing fans watching at home, something to get excited about.

A loss with kids showing something > a dead rubber win with same old.

Sharman, Connolly, Byrnes, Highmore, Bytel (if he's not out for the year) all need to play the next three weeks.

And for Gods sake can we end the experiment that was Paul Hunter, he's not up to it. I don't care if Heath is raw, give him a go in a game down the stretch.

One thing about all these injuries this year is that we've found some players. We need to win our last three games to be any chance now and I doubt that happens so an eye has to be on the future. Put players on ice that need it, give them an extended break until they need to come back in a few months for preseason and just see out the year without hopefully any major injury.

I have a feeling that this upcoming preseason will be the hardest in many of our players careers. We clearly dropped the ball somewhere over that period last year because we started the year very badly and that really made us play catchup all the way through. Need to get out of the blocks fast next season and do something about the mental ineptitude of the players.

I think we can beat the Swans but it's going to take a four quarter effort similar to the Brisbane game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can we replace Kent with Sam Kerr?

She’s not allowed to use her hands and he’s unable to use his hands (or feet for that matter)

And even in a nil all soccer draw she’s as likely to score as much as he does in an AFL game.

Sharman, Connolly, Byrnes, Highmore, Bytel (if he's not out for the year) all need to play the next three weeks.

And for Gods sake can we end the experiment that was Paul Hunter, he's not up to it. I don't care if Heath is raw, give him a go in a game down the stretch.

One thing about all these injuries this year is that we've found some players. We need to win our last three games to be any chance now and I doubt that happens so an eye has to be on the future. Put players on ice that need it, give them an extended break until they need to come back in a few months for preseason and just see out the year without hopefully any major injury.

I have a feeling that this upcoming preseason will be the hardest in many of our players careers. We clearly dropped the ball somewhere over that period last year because we started the year very badly and that really made us play catchup all the way through. Need to get out of the blocks fast next season and do something about the mental ineptitude of the players.

I think we can beat the Swans but it's going to take a four quarter effort similar to the Brisbane game.

Agree with everything, but we’re not beating the Swans.

Agree with everything, but we’re not beating the Swans.
We are St.Kilda, quite literally anything is possible. Depends if the boys eat their weetie bix and drink all their orange juice before the game. If the oranges and lollies aren't cut and prepared at half-time we could really drop away I feel

Minga

Club Legend
Mar 23, 2021
AFL Club
St Kilda
Not that I want this to happen, but it’s Frawley a chance with Howard out?

I’d like Clav to play, but it could get ugly against Buddy from a “winning the game” point of view. Good learning experience though

I’d like Clav to play, but it could get ugly against Buddy from a “winning the game” point of view. Good learning experience though

Clav, Joyce…anyone but Frawley.
Whats the point? We’re going to lose, let’s see which of either of those guys we keep.

Sep 27, 2012
Behind You
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Phoenix Suns

Frawley would get toweled up against Buddy. Unfortunately Chip is treacle slow.
Better off sending Highmore to him.

Bring in Joyce, Clav or both as they will have Blakey and Reid as well
Will need Wilkie on Heeney and Webster on Paps

We dont play until next Sunday.

Someone of his level would need as much game time as possible. Not a 2 week break between showings.
Yeah. That’s odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back