Review Round 21, 2022: Box Hill Hawks v Geelong, 13 August 2022, 2.05pm @ BHCO

Remove this Banner Ad

Second quarter started off dominantly for Box Hill before a chaotic wind drove the game to a scrap that favoured Geelong.

Max Lynch and Dan Howe did a heap of good work through stoppages. Saunders stayed involved, as he now tends to do. Although I'm sure he'd want to tidy up his execution. Mascitti was a steadying hand and boot behind the ball. Always love watching him.

Probably signing off now. Hopefully Ramsden explodes while I'm not looking. A half of glimpses for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have no idea how there's no list spot in the AFL for a guy who can find the goals as consistently as Fergus Greene.

Comfortable win. BH looked better organised and had some decent ball transition. Fergus Greene kicked 5 - certainly knows how to find them and players look for him.

Hawthorn listed players:
Lynch - rucked well and was handy around the ground - must be close to a call-up.
Hartigan - solid
Butler - showed a few flashes and kicked an early goal but not a lot of impact.
Long - just OK - mostly played on the wing and was out of the play a fair bit.
Howe - good game - got plenty of the ball and used it effectively
Saunders - plenty of pace and got into the action - very promising.
Callow - struggled
Ramsden - just 9 touches this week - out-bodied when relieving in the ruck but was mobile on the forward line and kicked a goal.

Not much depth outside Geelong's AFL team by what I saw today. Certainly nowhere near Melbourne and Casey for eg. Probably points to a few key injuries bringing them back to the field if it occurs.

Next week Box Hill play Sydney at Box Hill City Oval on Saturday 12.35pm in what looks like a battle for 4th spot on the ladder and a double chance. It will be the first time ever these two teams have played each other.

4. Sydney, 11 wins - 5 losses (128.2%)
5. Box Hill, 11 wins - 6 losses (124%)

Comfortable win. BH looked better organised and had some decent ball transition. Fergus Greene kicked 5 - certainly knows how to find them and players look for him.

Hawthorn listed players:
Lynch - rucked well and was handy around the ground - must be close to a call-up.
Hartigan - solid
Butler - showed a few flashes and kicked an early goal but not a lot of impact.
Long - just OK - mostly played on the wing and was out of the play a fair bit.
Howe - good game - got plenty of the ball and used it effectively
Saunders - plenty of pace and got into the action - very promising.
Callow - struggled
Ramsden - just 9 touches this week - out-bodied when relieving in the ruck but was mobile on the forward line and kicked a goal.

Shame he had a really quiet game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back