Preview Round 21, 2022: Geelong v St.Kilda - GMHBA Stadium, Saturday 6th August, 7:25PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Cats

Votes: 35 59.3%
  • Saints

Votes: 24 40.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Can't see us winning this one. It's more about coming out with no injuries and then making an assault on Brisbane and Sydney at Marvel in the last two rounds to make the eight.

A win would be a massive, massive bonus though.

Never been less confident going into a game. They remind me of us in 09, look unstoppable (for now).

Marshall against Ceglar is an area where we can exploit them. Marshall should destroy him.

I fear what their backs will do to us.

The rewards for a win would be insane.

Give it your all Saints.

Never been less confident going into a game. They remind me of us in 09, look unstoppable (for now).

Give it your all Saints.
I fear what their forwards will do to us.

Can our backs please practise flying forward this week because you just know Hawkins will be exploiting the two hands in the back rule.

If fit, Howard for Sharman (been solid in defence but we need Howard for Hawkins). Otherwise, no change.

Maybe miracles can happen.
Doubtful at that ground.

Been there once and never again. They’re feral, with a huge home town advantage.

Marshall against Ceglar is an area where we can exploit them. Marshall should destroy him.

Give it your all Saints.

I fear what their forwards will do to us.

Can our backs please practise flying forward this week because you just know Hawkins will be exploiting the two hands in the back rule.

I fear both will got done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Strangely enough, we were the last team that beat them.

They seem to have built a game style around beating Melbourne.

Coincidentally, it’s the first time in ages we beat them this year so I feel like their new style - which will likely deliver them a flag - makes them more susceptible to our brand than their old, keeping’s off style.

Port, who also play a fair bit like us, nearly knocked them off a couple of weeks back with insane pressure.

I’m not saying we will win but it’s a free hit (for us to play finals we can still get in I reckon with wins against Lions and Swans) so who knows.

Can’t win so our only hope of finals are the tigers losing tomorrow and dogs next week. Can’t see how freo beat the dogs but you live in hope. If you finish 8th you could easily get the pies. They are definitely beatable even though they just don’t lose.

The discussion around 8th place is focussed on the Bulldogs Saints and Richmond. However Carlton now looking vulnerable and I’m surprised they are not really being talked about as missing finals. One game and a decent % ahead of us but have 3 very tough games to come. Their recent form is worse than ours (2 wins from their last 5). I don’t see them winning any more games and will finish on 48 points. We win 2 of the next 3 and we are in.

We can easily win this…just like I can win next Thursday’s Powerball, retire and live the rest of my days on a yacht in Monaco.

In all seriousness, we go down there and give it a serious go and see what happens. Perfect game to see how we handle the best team in the league. Good learning experience regardless.

Howard for Lienert. Sharman to play his role? No one really deserves to be dropped.

If fit, Howard for Sharman (been solid in defence but we need Howard for Hawkins). Otherwise, no change.

Maybe miracles can happen.
Not at all, Howard for Hill. Hill has had two bad games after Ratts laid the law down, time to show some integrity. Sharman to play on Stewart like last time when he did a pretty good job.

Can’t win so our only hope of finals are the tigers losing tomorrow and dogs next week. Can’t see how freo beat the dogs but you live in hope. If you finish 8th you could easily get the pies. They are definitely beatable even though they just don’t lose.
Also Carlton just lost to Crows, if they don't win another game then they will be booted from the 8.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back