Preview Round 21, 2022: Geelong v St.Kilda - GMHBA Stadium, Saturday 6th August, 7:25PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Cats

Votes: 35 59.3%
  • Saints

Votes: 24 40.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This will be his last year and they will be getting more cap space to entice some senior players.
I expect Isaac Smith and Higgins to retire as well.
Why would smith retire , he is still going fine

The rucking situation is one I'm looking forward to, Marshall has got his work cut out for him and hopefully Windy isn't just given the a lockdown role without being given licence to try and break lines and get the ball into F50 like he did in the last Cats game which really was a mini breakout game.
I'm worried Sharman is going to get monstered especially if it's a wet and soggy game as he's very week at ground level.

The rucking situation is one I'm looking forward to, Marshall has got his work cut out for him and hopefully Windy isn't just given the a lockdown role without being given licence to try and break lines and get the ball into F50 like he did in the last Cats game which really was a mini breakout game.
I'm worried Sharman is going to get monstered especially if it's a wet and soggy game as he's very week at ground level.

Have stayed out of your constant Sharman bashing but come on "Give it a spell" as they say jog on noddy on this subject.

Have stayed out of your constant Sharman bashing but come on "Give it a spell" as they say jog on noddy on this subject.
As far as I'm aware this is a forum and sometimes on forums people have opposing views. How boring would it be, or how much more stupid would people like you be if we all agreed and had the same views and opinions. If you dont possess sound persuasive argument skills and can't counter the view then maybe just try listening to the opposing view and see if you can learn something.

To beat any team you must win contested ball and with that comes the aggression that is required.
If they don't bring that against the Cats on Saturday night we will get slaughtered.

Some teams can have a plan that wins them games without winning the most contested ball. It usually involves precise ball movement.
We aint that team.

Some teams can have a plan that wins them games without winning the most contested ball. It usually involves precise ball movement.
We aint that team.
Absolutely, it's possible the weather conditions could level things out slightly and bring Geelong back to our standard but there is still a significant gap in talent and class.

We aint that team.

Geelong are the opposite to us, give them the ball and they'll slice you open with their ball use. Making it messy doesn't allow them to play it on their terms. Playing high tempo and body on body gives them no see to work in. If they take control of the ball they have a very good transition game with only a few touches between HB and their marking forwards. With Stengle as well they have a genuine threat with the spilled ball as well.

Geelong are the opposite to us, give them the ball and they'll slice you open with their ball use. Making it messy doesn't allow them to play it on their terms. Playing high tempo and body on body gives them no see to work in. If they take control of the ball they have a very good transition game with only a few touches between HB and their marking forwards. With Stengle as well they have a genuine threat with the spilled ball as well.
Excellent summation of the Geelong game plan. Every player knows their job.
They get beaten by chaos Richmond type game plans or bursts of brilliance like we displayed where they can't robotically slow the game down and structure up the way they like.
Constant pressure and repeat forward entries drag their wings back and forwards into midfield, they can't attack through the wings, their mids can't link up for the inside 50 kick and their big forwards can't get separation and space.

As far as I'm aware this is a forum and sometimes on forums people have opposing views. How boring would it be, or how much more stupid would people like you be if we all agreed and had the same views and opinions. If you dont possess sound persuasive argument skills and can't counter the view then maybe just try listening to the opposing view and see if you can learn something.
Seriously?! I don't follow any posters or give a crap what anyone posts, but even I have noticed that you NEVER miss a chance to give Sharman a drive-by!! AS part of full disclosure, I am part of a syndicate that sponsors a couple of players, one of whom is Sharman. I think the kid has talent, a reasonable size, great leap and hands, and a really good kick for goal. But I also recognize that he is young, inexperienced, not a mature body, and has some learning to do and fitness to build. But if his standard was the minimum level for all our youngsters we would be in great shape! Your dislike seems almost pathalogical, did he run over your cat?

Seriously?! I don't follow any posters or give a crap what anyone posts, but even I have noticed that you NEVER miss a chance to give Sharman a drive-by!! AS part of full disclosure, I am part of a syndicate that sponsors a couple of players, one of whom is Sharman. I think the kid has talent, a reasonable size, great leap and hands, and a really good kick for goal. But I also recognize that he is young, inexperienced, not a mature body, and has some learning to do and fitness to build. But if his standard was the minimum level for all our youngsters we would be in great shape! Your dislike seems almost pathalogical, did he run over your cat?
It hurts you think I'm a cat owner.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What is boring is you harping on in every post about a kid who has played less than 10 games.

It's just that you're going about it in wrong way with you constant comments on Sharman. You need to realize that it's Billings that's hopeless and focus yourself on that.
Say it slowly till you get the hang of it. B - i - l - l - l -l - i - i - i- n - n - g - s, not S - h - a - r - r - r - m - a - n
It'll come natural after a few tries..

It's just that you're going about it in wrong way with you constant comments on Sharman. You need to realize that it's Billings that's hopeless and focus yourself on that.
Say it slowly till you get the hang of it. B - i - l - l - l -l - i - i - i- n - n - g - s, not S - h - a - r - r - r - m - a - n
It'll come natural after a few tries..
I'm in a syndicate that sponsors Billings so I'm restricted in what I can say about Jack except to say he's a very nice fella from a great family and his favourite colour is blue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back