Greater Western Sydney v Essendon (GS)
Western Bulldogs v Fremantle (MRVL) (T)
Geelong v St Kilda (GMHBA) (N)
Port Adelaide v Richmond (AO) (N)

Sunday, August 7
North Melbourne v Sydney (MRVL)
Brisbane Lions v Carlton (G)
West Coast v Adelaide (OS) (T)

I get the feeling Adelaide are trying to wear their home jumper in most of their games these days... Then again, when was the last time they wore their clash? I honestly can't recall.

On one hand, it's not different to WCE wearing home with white shorts vs Adelaide (Peril would look better) but the Crows in their red jumper for the opposite game would look so much better. Some very strange Jumper decisions have been made this season.

It's puzzling as to why North Melbourne VFL still have a predominantly blue vertical striped jumper when the AFL team got rid of it...
Almost certainly got rid of it so the AFL wouldn't make us wear it as a home jumper. I'd like to see them bring back the 1925 V as a dark clash instead of the inverse strip, personally.

Almost certainly got rid of it so the AFL wouldn't make us wear it as a home jumper. I'd like to see them bring back the 1925 V as a dark clash instead of the inverse strip, personally.
Thought you guys chose to wear it because of the shorts?

Thought you guys chose to wear it because of the shorts?
That was the story but I would guess that the AFL made that happen behind the scenes. What we're wearing now is more popular with supporters, we pushed for it to return for a couple of years and this is the result.

I really like North in full royal. However there are few teams that North couldn't wear their white-based home guernsey with blue shorts against. Oppo teams could easily wear their home shorts and there would be no clash. eg. Carlton, Adelaide, Essendon...pretty much everyone except Geelong and Collingwood. In these games, North can go full royal and full white respectively, despite being the home team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

North people don't want the full royal for home games, we want what we wore today. White shorts I can live with, but they've been worn unnecessarily a few times this year in home games where there wouldn't be a clash anyway.

Is it possible Sydney wore their home jumper today instead of the V because that's what they wore in the 1996 grand final?

North people don't want the full royal for home games, we want what we wore today. White shorts I can live with, but they've been worn unnecessarily a few times this year in home games where there wouldn't be a clash anyway.

Is it possible Sydney wore their home jumper today instead of the V because that's what they wore in the 1996 grand final?
Why would they want to remember that game though lol

That was the story but I would guess that the AFL made that happen behind the scenes. What we're wearing now is more popular with supporters, we pushed for it to return for a couple of years and this is the result.
You guys released the Statement about it, not the AFL. The club said they changed to Royal to allow them to wear Blue shorts home games after being asked/told (and rightfully so) to wear white shorts in home games. I also seem to recall the club saying they didn't want their fans thinking they were playing as the away team.

Either way doesn't matter now but surely there's bigger issues they need to deal with other than a pair of shorts.

You guys released the Statement about it, not the AFL. The club said they changed to Royal to allow them to wear Blue shorts home games after being asked/told (and rightfully so) to wear white shorts in home games. I also seem to recall the club saying they didn't want their fans thinking they were playing as the away team.

Either way doesn't matter now but surely there's bigger issues they need to deal with other than a pair of shorts.
No, not rightfully so. If this year has proven anything it's that we can wear our home shorts in the majority of home games without issue. The AFL tried to sweep us up in a policy designed for Geelong even though royal blue doesn't clash with black like navy blue does, the light vs. dark thing is nice in theory but it doesn't really apply to most of our matchups. in royal blue shorts we're still the light team, unless they make boneheaded choices like putting Richmond in white shorts against us.

Which is where I'm getting at - teams like the Crows, Richmond and probably others for the remaining games this year are now forced into wearing white shorts in games against North when it's not needed.

Especially when - as I've pointed out before, when you guys first introduced the Inverse, you guys wore full royal in several away games (notably Hawthorn, Richmond and Brisbane). Those teams were also in their full home kits. So I do agree that royal clearly doesn't clash.

Which is where I'm getting at - teams like the Crows, Richmond and probably others for the remaining games this year are now forced into wearing white shorts in games against North when it's not needed.

Especially when - as I've pointed out before, when you guys first introduced the Inverse, you guys wore full royal in several away games (notably Hawthorn, Richmond and Brisbane). Those teams were also in their full home kits. So I do agree that royal clearly doesn't clash.
we even wore full royal vs. carlton in full navy once and it wasn't a problem.
Martin19July.JPG

Remove this Banner Ad

Back