Prediction Round 21: Changes Vs Brisbane + pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

If this was Brisbane earlier this season, we would expect defeat but now is as good as any time to get 'em, considering their current form.
Yeah the dockery argument is always we cop it and play teams into form, historically, lol, but I can't put that evil on this current group. I think we've got a young group with some mettle, but Brisbane have the ingredients to turn it on. We just have to want to win the contest more to have a chance.
I'm tipping Freo, but only because I'm gunna hopefully learn from switching last minute to Richmond last week

Honestly not sure why we're expecting a win if it's wet. It was sort of wet last week but not too much to the detriment of most skills (set shots being the obvious exception). We struggle when we can't move the ball quickly and that requires a level of precision. Quite simply put our gamestyle at this point in time struggles in the wet.

Not confident

The Brisbane players have wasted their spare time focusing on trick basketball shots, whilst the likes of Andrew Brayshaw studied his opponent's eating, sleeping and training patterns! It's certainly a winnable match, but as always, the forward line is our Achilles heel. If that line can be the source of sufficient goals, it will go a long way to winning. I know that sounds obvious, but if you run your eye over the clientele in that area of the ground, it doesn't fill you with confidence. Let's go Freo - make me proud!

Honestly not sure why we're expecting a win if it's wet. It was sort of wet last week but not too much to the detriment of most skills (set shots being the obvious exception). We struggle when we can't move the ball quickly and that requires a level of precision. Quite simply put our gamestyle at this point in time struggles in the wet.

Not confident

Same here. The only thing that gives me some confidence is that Brisbane don't travel all that well.

Not confident

Hopefully Tucker brings the right boots today

I'm offloading pessimism here. What's the betting we go down while the wretched Eagles play out of their skins?

Having got that effort-to-numb-the-stabbing out of the way, I was so impressed by our young'uns last week. Performed above expectations.

All power to our boys today.

Not confident
It was very very windy last week though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Far out I’m looking forward to this game, even though I know my club has a habit of stabbing me in the heart when I least expect it.
Thanks for the loan of the knife Freo, I’ll try to return it before Saturday as I suspect you will be requiring it again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back