NRL Round 21 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 9, 2001
2, 4, 6, 8
AFL Club
Sydney
Well its the final sprit to the Finals and with 5 weeks left the Top 8 is pretty much set with the Dragons and the Panthers set to fight over 8th place.

So that leads in nicely to the Thursday Night match with the Panthers at home to the Bulldogs with a win for the Panthers needed to put pressure on the Dragons who'll slip to 9th before playing the Knights away on Saturday Afternoon.

But we head back to Friday and head across the ditch for the first match of the night between the Warriors now playing this season for pride who'll host the Premiers in the Sharks who will be looking to keep their spot in the Top 4 while putting pressure on the Roosters for a Top 2 spot. The second match on Friday Night is between the 7th placed Eels and the 5th placed Broncos in a battle to lay down a late season marker for a Top 4 finish.

The remaining Saturday games see the Rabbitohs take on the Raiders to see what Ricky Stuart will deflect blame on next before the Roosters meet the Cowboys in a battle between 2nd vs 5th. Its amazing that the Cowboys are having this kind of season without JT it must be said.

Sunday sees the Storm at home to the Sea Eagles in what is traditionally a bit of a grudge match with Smith and Slater likely to be out in a battle between 1st vs 6th. The Round ends with the Titans facing the West Tigers.

This is going to be one cracker of a Round with 3 matches between teams in the Top 8 which could see a shake up of the ladder.

Enjoy the Round

8 minutes in and I thought I was watching the first NRL team to reach 100. 10 minutes later and the response from Parra was every bit as impressive. That was a great first 40, though I reckon we were duded by the refs disallowing ou 3rd try.
It's going to be an interesting call on Brown and Edwards, but I think both are going to get off.

Nothing much better than beating that mob. Finals a very realistic chance and top 4 still a shot

14 all between the Knight and Dragons with 10 mins to go

Can the Knights get up put the Dragons and Panthers in head to head fight for the 8

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back