Round 21 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dahl to Macrae for me!

Didn't know the AFL was the UFC....can't kick someones head off, doesn't matter about "protecting", you can't do that.

If that was someone else other than Toby Greene we'd be saying, "that was a bit nasty" and moving on. Wayne Carey was spot on about that situation.

Being unbiased, I lean towards CrozaN.

56812b4538952f5047807ae0ae6cc3cf.jpg

I guess Jarrad Waite will need some substantial retrospective suspensions then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hmmmm

Some carnage avoided then for me last night only having Macrae

Let's see what s**t truck Saturday brings then. Sydney's playing Fremantle and Geelong against Richmond. Heeney, Lloyd, Buddy, Tuohy and Nank have all largely been rubbish lately so s**t truck Saturday could begin with this lot. Dunno what Danger does too without old mates Selwood and Duncan, while they may need him to kick a score even so he could sit forward?

Yolod the captaincy on Rocky, he'll never get a better opportunity to ton up again this year

But that was in a marking contest. Greene's was not.
My full view on Greene's actions are:
He was in a position where he knew that he had to jump in the air to gather the ball. In doing so he was then vulnerable as he knew he would be tackled by Dahlhaus as soon as he hit the ground. He knew that Dahlhaus was coming at him so he felt his best option was to fend him off with with his leg/foot. As to whether hitting Dahl in the face was intentional is debatable. This is where Greene's past record comes into play.
If the MRP let him off you can be sure that this will become the norm with players flaying their lags around when players are coming at them arguing that they were only protecting their space.
All the ex AFL players on radio are saying he should get off yet I take little notice of them as a player needs to commit murder on the field before they suggest a ban. Even then, they would want it classed as careless.
I feel the MRP will deem it as careless (only due to the fact he made contact with Dahl's head) with medium impact. With his past bad record that will equate to a 2 week ban.

Hmmmm

Some carnage avoided then for me last night only having Macrae

Let's see what s**t truck Saturday brings then. Sydney's playing Fremantle and Geelong against Richmond. Heeney, Lloyd, Buddy, Tuohy and Nank have all largely been rubbish lately so s**t truck Saturday could begin with this lot. Dunno what Danger does too without old mates Selwood and Duncan, while they may need him to kick a score even so he could sit forward?

Yolod the captaincy on Rocky, he'll never get a better opportunity to ton up again this year
Swans look like they will win by 100+...half their team should ton up today. Even spuds like heeney will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back