Preview Round 20: Essendon vs Sydney, MCG, Sunday 01/08/2021, 3:10 PM

Chicken dinner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

and based on our last game against yer swans, drapes can grab the ball out of a ruck contest, run 10 metres, get tackled, spin 360, then drop it to the ground.

i hope we've learnt and use this killer tactic.

In the off chance we win this game, prefer to do it with Buddy in in it, more Satisfying.
Need some big calls on team selection this week, need to bring in a hunger, accountablity that has been missing lately.

Lance Franklin has been cleared to play this weekend after a lengthy tribunal hearing. Many arguments were presented by defence representative Duncan Miller including previously unseen video footage.

However the most compelling argument which finally swayed the tribunal was the closing argument in which Duncan pointed out the Swans are playing Essendon this weekend.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I get everyone is upset he got off, but did anyone really think he deserved a week on the current AFL landscape?

3 precedents from this year, no damage to the opponent, no concussion.

If it was a Bombers player leading into a finals deciding game we would have been making these same arguments all week.

He's playing, another test for the backline and another chance to get better.

A lot easier to kick 17 goals in 4 matches than 3. Although, if you look at the games he has left, he probably would have got it this year anyway. Come last round, everyone would have been looking to set him up against the Suns.

Now he will only need 12* against the Saints, Norf and Suns. (*I fully expect he will kick more than his average 5 against us☹)

Corrupt campaigners!!!

I get everyone is upset he got off, but did anyone really think he deserved a week on the current AFL landscape?

If it was a Bombers player leading into a finals deciding game we would have been making these same arguments all week.

I think every Swans fan agrees that he deserved a week for what he did, but like you said the other three very similar incidents that all resulted in fines made it very easy for Sydney to argue our case for Buddy being let off.

A lot easier to kick 17 goals in 4 matches than 3. Although, if you look at the games he has left, he probably would have got it this year anyway. Come last round, everyone would have been looking to set him up against the Suns.

Now he will only need 12* against the Saints, Norf and Suns. (*I fully expect he will kick more than his average 5 against us☹)

Corrupt campaigners!!!
They're also pretty much locked in for 6th so they have 5 games rather than 4 to get it now

I think every Swans fan agrees that he deserved a week for what he did, but like you said the other three very similar incidents that all resulted in fines made it very easy for Sydney to argue our case for Buddy being let off.

Yeah as i said earlier, id rather the AFL be made to look foolish trying to shift the goalposts in the hope we get some consistency going forward (HAHAHA) then worry too much about a one week game.
We have gotten close with him in your team before and id rather our backline develop against good players then getting lucky and dodging players. There is no hiding in finals, learn to beat the best now.

Yeah, but he isnt and we arent. So * Buddy and the AFL!

(Honestly, I really don't care if he does get to 1000th this year. Milestones like this are a big deal, may never see it again. But, I barrack for Essendon, so * the AFL and Buddy😁)

So for all the talk of the precedent being set for this year.. when has precedent ever, EVER, mattered before?

How many times have our players been rubbed out over the years despite similar or worse incidents from other players getting lesser punishments, only for people to say at the time that precedents are not relevant to the MRP?

I *ing hate how this league is run

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back