Trades Round 21 Fantasy Trades - The F*** You Leon Edition.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's happened with TT lately? I know last week he didn't get any CBAs, was it the same deal yesterday?

Trading TT would let me get Steele, but puts completion of the side into about 2045.....
I hear you. I can't get him without trading TT and someone else half decent and that requires putting more rookies on my ground.

Injuries aside I can be rookie free next week with my worst on field player being Stringer/Hunter/Neale but... I don't have Steele or Miller and I would really like them. It's hard to choose what to do.

1627872486324.png
Wavering between TT and Neale out.

Neale has just been rubbish for three weeks, with no real excuse unless he's carrying an injury. TT has been rubbish because Leon, so I'm hoping that with Hopper out, he goes back into the centre.

My other option is to keep both and trade out Sharp and Bianco or Bramble, but that only gets me one premo and a midpricer at best.

Sidey has averaged 25 more than Neale in the last two weeks, and Steele is, well, Steele.

No chance for a hat now, so playing for league win, and possible a round win if all my players can all perform on the same week....

Just did the calculations, and if my team all equal their highest score for the year, and I put the C on Steele, I will score 3238 this week :p

Last edited:
Same here. I could go Houston to Peatling and then TT to Steele. I'd have $120K left for next week....

I want to do this so bad, but that means bringing Bianco onfield as another rook (though technically I did loop his score in last week via Houston on the bench, so arguably I'm not adding an additional rookie to the field)

Bringing in Sidey and a 170k fwd will give me approx $900k for a mid next week. Juicy...

Is Sidey a target though? Othe approach is to pay up for a zorko type this week which would leave me only around 700k for my mid next week.

I want to do this so bad, but that means bringing Bianco onfield as another rook (though technically I did loop his score in last week via Houston on the bench, so arguably I'm not adding an additional rookie to the field)

Original plan was to downgrade Amartey and upgrade either Bianco or Bramble, my last two rookies.

However, watching Houston take a massive dump on my side yesterday evening led me to fire him out of a cannon into the sun and upgrade him. Still two rookies....

But, that means holding TT - who also resembled a ^%($)%($)%$% (censored) yesterday... If I trade TT, I need to downgrade Houston - which means three rookies on field....

Which ever way I go, I'll lose out.... Like trading Haynes instead of Houston on the weekend....

Bringing in Sidey and a 170k fwd will give me approx $900k for a mid next week. Juicy...

Is Sidey a target though? Othe approach is to pay up for a zorko type this week which would leave me only around 700k for my mid next week.

Sidey was excellent on the weekend, but will he play there every week ? For a team that is rebuilding and experimenting, I just don't know.... Good value if he stays there though...

Sidey was excellent on the weekend, but will he play there every week ? For a team that is rebuilding and experimenting, I just don't know.... Good value if he stays there though...
Yep. My concern exactly.

English was my original trade target last week (before I missed the Dogs lockout) and he didn't disappoint. Might just back my gut and roll with him this week.

Yep. My concern exactly.

Just on Zorko though (who you mentioned earlier). He was on about 40 - 50 at 3QT two weeks ago, before turning it on in the last. He was on about 6 at QT on the weekend too.

He has recovered, but he's not performing for 4 quarters like he used to..... Neither are Brisbane mind you.....

Just on Zorko though (who you mentioned earlier). He was on about 40 - 50 at 3QT two weeks ago, before turning it on in the last. He was on about 6 at QT on the weekend too.

He has recovered, but he's not performing for 4 quarters like he used to..... Neither are Brisbane mind you.....
Yeah, it's hard to justify paying for a top end fwd if it means pricing myself out of a top end mid the week after.

Original plan was to downgrade Amartey and upgrade either Bianco or Bramble, my last two rookies.

However, watching Houston take a massive dump on my side yesterday evening led me to fire him out of a cannon into the sun and upgrade him. Still two rookies....

But, that means holding TT - who also resembled a ^%($)%($)%$% (censored) yesterday... If I trade TT, I need to downgrade Houston - which means three rookies on field....

Which ever way I go, I'll lose out.... Like trading Haynes instead of Houston on the weekend....

Can't believe how spectacular of a backfire that Haynes to Whitfield trade was... paid up for 30p less. Incredible.

Sure TT may get his role back with Hopper out, but with 3 games left and my season already shot, may as well have some fun with it! Turning him into Steele would be juicy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First trade is Houston to Sidebottom via Hall to defence.

Second trade is harder to figure out.

Could trade Taranto to Mills/Walsh/Brayshaw/Oliver but I’ve also got Crouch who is very hit or miss.

Tempted to hold Taranto and trade Crouch to Crisp or Fiorini.

Brought Peatling in for Newcombe yesterday.

Thoughts?

First trade is Houston to Sidebottom via Hall to defence.

Second trade is harder to figure out.

Could trade Taranto to Mills/Walsh/Brayshaw/Oliver but I’ve also got Crouch who is very hit or miss.

Tempted to hold Taranto and trade Crouch to Crisp or Fiorini.

Brought Peatling in for Newcombe yesterday.

Thoughts?

I need help similar to you. My initial thoughts were to trade Taranto out to Crisp. So I don't mind that. But if I hear during the week Taranto might play midfield again, I'll leave him and do a downgrade to finance ridley to Mills.

So my question is basically do I go Ridlley + TT to Marshall and Crisp, or downgrade to go Ridley to Mills (so Mills & Taranto vs Marshall & Crisp pointswise)

Sitting about 650 points outside the top 100, so a bit of ground to make up, have been coming home hot though with 4 of my last 6 scores ranking in the top 1k for the week. Mills out due to covid and a subsequent donut whilst I held Whitfield on the bench with his concussion could be a defining factor.

With Connolly, Durham, Garcia, Reeves, Briggs all sitting on the bench I've got some flexibility for downgrades.

Looking at my side, my main point of concerns are Daniel (come good last two weeks), Macrae, Taranto, Neale, T.Kelly, Ziebell.

Trying to work out what would make up the biggest amount of points. I've come up with two options.

OPTION 1: Macrae and Kelly to Marshall and Fiorini (Dangerfield comes into the midfield).
OR
OPTION 2: Reeves and Kelly to 170k and Merrett

Which option scores more?
Option 1 yields players with much lower ownership % which could be a difference maker.

Sitting about 650 points outside the top 100, so a bit of ground to make up, have been coming home hot though with 4 of my last 6 scores ranking in the top 1k for the week. Mills out due to covid and a subsequent donut whilst I held Whitfield on the bench with his concussion could be a defining factor.

With Connolly, Durham, Garcia, Reeves, Briggs all sitting on the bench I've got some flexibility for downgrades.

Looking at my side, my main point of concerns are Daniel (come good last two weeks), Macrae, Taranto, Neale, T.Kelly, Ziebell.

Trying to work out what would make up the biggest amount of points. I've come up with two options.

OPTION 1: Macrae and Kelly to Marshall and Fiorini (Dangerfield comes into the midfield).
OR
OPTION 2: Reeves and Kelly to 170k and Merrett

Which option scores more?
Option 1 yields players with much lower ownership % which could be a difference maker.
I’d probably go option 2. Turn TK into a proper premo

Trades for this week...

I have exactly enough cash for Tarryn Thomas instead of Silvagni, but I think I'll back my gut and save the extra $100k with a bit more value.

Screen Shot 2021-08-02 at 4.40.10 pm.png

Assuming no more injuries, with 4 trades after this week final team is shaping up as:

Laird, Hall, Whit, Stew, Lloyd, L Mac
Steele, Touk, Titch, Macrae, Zerrett, Adams, Taranto, T Kelly
Gawn, Grundy
J Kelly, Danger, De Goey, Hunter, Marshall, Sidebottom

13 forced injury trades all up. Probably about the average, others would have had more. With 2-3 less would have got to Crisp over L Mac and Zorko over Hunter and been real happy with the final product. Them's the breaks

Assuming no more injuries, with 4 trades after this week final team is shaping up as:

Laird, Hall, Whit, Stew, Lloyd, L Mac
Steele, Touk, Titch, Macrae, Zerrett, Adams, Taranto, T Kelly
Gawn, Grundy
J Kelly, Danger, De Goey, Hunter, Marshall, Sidebottom

13 forced injury trades all up. Probably about the average, others would have had more. With 2-3 less would have got to Crisp over L Mac and Zorko over Hunter and been real happy with the final product. Them's the breaks

You have done well mate !!

Should get a thread going for everyone to compare how many injuries they've copped (with an award going to the hardest hit). Would be interesting to see.. feels like there's been a lot more than usual this year

Title: "But do you even have Mills?" :tearsofjoy:

Out of sympathy for those that don't have eight $1,000,000 players in their side, I won't be posting my rankings.....

Can anyone confirm if Mills has bought any tickets to the rugby over next few weeks?

I can neither confirm or deny......

It is interesting with Mills though - and it's funny how we view different players. I just looked at my sides history and I grabbed him in Rd 8 - but had noticed him prior to that. But I didn't really consider Parish - who was also going very well by that stage. I think some sub-conscious bias pushes you towards and away from certain players. Overcoming that and looking at the players - not what you think of them - is very important....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back