VFL Round 21 - Footscray vs Collingwood at Whitten Oval (Pies lost 73-105)

Remove this Banner Ad

Apparently, our superior fitness advantage is what helped us run over the top of them.

You were there. Wouldn't happen to know if their fitness guru is still kicking around...? ;):drunk:
Correct, our fitness guy was named Sheamus Davoren.

Does it cost extra to get a seat in the grandstand? I'm pretty tempted by the steam to be honest

Prices in the OP.

WTF?

They charge you extra to sit in a stand, at a VFL home and away game?

What is this s**t?

No way I'm paying an extra cent, I'll be near the Pies bench as always.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WTF?

What is this s**t?

It's the most recent pricing information I could find, which admittedly is from late last year. I will stand to be corrected, but it is my understanding that they still charge extra to sit in the EJ Whitten Stand.

Of course, you would be nowhere else but the benches anyway. It's where Dave does his best work...:)

Does it cost extra to get a seat in the grandstand? I'm pretty tempted by the steam to be honest

WTF?

What is this s**t?

It's the most recent pricing information I could find, which admittedly is from late last year. I will stand to be corrected, but it is my understanding that they still charge extra to sit in the EJ Whitten Stand.

Of course, you would be nowhere else but the benches anyway. It's where Dave does his best work...:)

Update to this, I've gone and asked over on the Bullies' board and apparently they don't charge extra for the grandstand this year after all. OP updated.

Still won't shift the Matt and Dave Show from benchside, but why would the main attraction be forced to move anyway...? ;)

I wonder what Councils decision making timeframes are for that application? It could be we put the application in too late.
Surely 2 1/2 months is ample time, but yes according to the council one of the reasons was 'insufficient notice'...

Surely 2 1/2 months is ample time, but yes according to the council one of the reasons was 'insufficient notice'...

I just took MagpieBats comment on face value that they were given a month. 20 business days isn't actually a lot of time to assess an application, depending on the complexity of the application, work loads etc. If it's a controversial decision that adds extra complexities. 50 business days (2.5 months) should be plenty though. Although this decision, in this particular circumstance, appears politically motivated to avoid any bad blood with constituents prior to a council election.

My question was more aimed at understanding if there is something the club can do better to take away any excuses Council may have to decide against playing games there. If one of those is insufficient time, make sure that we manage it well in advance, engage with Council early, get the application in early. One less excuse.

What melb radio station is the gamr on gang?
The pies app has the radio call, via the Collingwood app or the website.

Live video stream through VFL website.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back