Autopsy Round 21: Hawks plough the GWS snowflakes

Remove this Banner Ad

No need to make personal comments about her - we should be better than that. She is though a very very vanilla football commentator. I turn the station when she comes on - her monotone voice nearly puts me to sleep
kelli underwood must put u 6 feet under then! shocking monotone

CJ is an interesting prospect. Quick and enthusiastic, which is great. Has to work on his game sense as he was often near the play due to his athleticism but not in the play. A bit more seasoning and experience and he'll have a shot at being very disruptive. Also needs more meat on his bones to take the wear and tear of a full season. But one more good candidate debuting for the Hawks.

I also thought Nash played quite well for 20 minutes notice. I really liked his wrestling win for that goal square mark. I reckon he'll be really damaging next year.

I wonder how much all that crap from Cochrane got into Jags head.

I want more from him and worried his body’s not quite right. But on the other hand his main issue is drifting in and out of games. When he’s ‘on’, apart from DE, he looks like a beast.

On Cochrane, cannot believe how petty and small minded this guy is. No way would I want to play for a club with this guys mentality.

He knows what a huge loss he was - not just because of his ability and potential, but because he's a quality person and a leader. He's a culture setter and they're the kind of players that GCS just desperately need to keep.

He knows what a huge loss he was - not just because of his ability and potential, but because he's a quality person and a leader. He's a culture setter and they're the kind of players that GCS just desperately need to keep.

Tony Cochrane seems like a complete knob who is trying to stop other players from leaving his manufactured club.

He has claimed that a lot of other players have also ‘lied to his face’ - no doubt he is the king of awkward questions of players who have instructed their managers to negotiate on their behalf and ‘do their best’.

Thank god JOM is with us. Can’t wait for him to have no attention at stoppages once TMitch gets back and if/when we land Cogs.

In Clarko We Trust.

CS

Was a great game and I’ve now watched it twice.

A few things I picked up:

- Worps and Sicily really stood up at the start. Clarko has everyone’s head in the game from the bounce
- Our players look like a team and seem to be enjoying living out the dream of being full time footy players
- Late in the game Silk, Bruest, and quite a few others were still going at 100%
- Chad has a lot of speed. With Impey (and Brad Hill or Isaac Smith) and another 9 months, we are only going to get faster
- Loved CJ’s effort and hope he stands 10 foot tall at training this week

Really excited by the future of the club and will happily renew my memberships.

One negative was having my kids see Toby Greene mouth ‘you f#%*ing *******’ to the umpires or one of our team. That’s not good enough for any adult and I hope he gets fined and told how damaging it is to very vulnerable people not as fortunate as him to see that sort of awful put-down normalised. Grow up you idiot.

Didn’t ruin my night.

Love the Hawks and our supporters who went to the game!

GO HAWKS! CS

- Worps and Sicily really stood up at the start. Clarko has everyone’s head in the game from the bounce
- Our players look like a team and seem to be enjoying living out the dream of being full time footy players
- Late in the game Silk, Bruest, and quite a few others were still going at 100%
- Chad has a lot of speed. With Impey (and Brad Hill or Isaac Smith) and another 9 months, we are only going to get faster

One negative was having my kids see Toby Greene mouth ‘you f#%*ing *******’ to the umpires or one of our team. That’s not good enough for any adult and I hope he gets fined and told how damaging it is to very vulnerable people not as fortunate as him to see that sort of awful put-down normalised. Grow up you idiot.

Didn’t ruin my night.

GO HAWKS! CS

I wonder how many kids gave up football after this horrid moment five years ago.

kelli underwood must put u 6 feet under then! shocking monotone
Kelli Underwood has a very good football brain, but she manages to talk out of both nostrils at the same time.

Didn’t ruin my night.

GO HAWKS! CS

The blanked out word that Greene said over and again was s-p-a-s-t-i-c.

Please someone educate the poor fellow.

Why did they resurrect Mumford this year? Other than trying to iron people out, what does he bring? Surely they could have found a youngster to start developing.
Absolutely mindboggling. Must've come cheap, because he offers so little else.
On paper that combo shouldve smashed Cegs. Right from the 1st bounce, Cegs got on top and I thought hed gone too hard too soon. Unable to sustain, and GWS would have it all their own way once they'd worn him down. How they didnt work him over early with Mummy was just negligent. He has been good for them no doubt but his time has passed.

On the strength of last night, and Cegs contract position, they must seriously chase him. At the very least it must stamp the papers of Mummy. Watching the chump, I reckon he was more interested in whether the snow was gonna start falling again, and he was going to go into his sausage-fest snow snorting mode.

What I like is when he gets the ball, his first reaction is not to dish a handball out the back like too many Hawthorn players (really not a fan of that) but rather he looks for an opening and goes for it, head down and bum up. Silk is the same but he glides, Chad bursts.
What i like is his general attitude. Seems to be loving footy. Loving the team. His so called "bad attitude" is now a bright happy one that his teammates can feed off of.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Okay, so I'm watching the match with a couple of brews. Can I just say that in the US-Australian dictionary under the word "flog" has to be a photo of Toby Greene?

I don’t mind Toby Greene, excellent footballer with just the right amount of required mongrel. Would take him at the hawks in a heartbeat

Gotta love Clarko’s approach to this game. Gotta love TOB playing like he belongs. Gotta love Chad taking the game on all night. Gotta love Sicily being a rock and outplaying the fu** out of Toby Greene. Gotta love Poppy turning back the clock. Gotta love Scully playing his best game for the year. Gotta love Worpel playing like a beast and making a late run for B&F. Gotta love CJ’s run and endeavour on debut.

Gotta love this ******* club!

(Also gotta love that thread title).
What else can we say😄😄

Remove this Banner Ad

Back