Review Round 21 = Hawthorn 105-73 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Unfortunately, I think I am out of excuses…

Prime suspects 1 and 2 are centre clearance and ground ball gets. We lost centre clearance 18-3. 18-3!

I feel nearly all other issues can be traced back to these.

Form another issue.

Players unable to step up when Nick is getting the hard tag.

I don’t want to go for an early melt, but I do fear something is amiss and I am now worried.

I hope we can turn it around.

P.S Beau battled hard all day- :thumbsupemoji: for him.
P.P.S I hope Jacqui Louder has a free schedule this week.

Last edited:
will kelly might get a game next week....

I can take the loss but the injuries to Nick and Murph just rub salt into the wounds.

Serious questions need to asked of this playing group after the last 2 weeks!
The midfield is getting belted and the desire seems to have gone.
Top 2 looks shaky now

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was nice while it lasted. There’s no flag in this side

Just a bit of short term fluff before the oldies retire. Worst performance by a pies side since buckley's last few games. Absolutely embarassing. The players should give back their money for this one...

Hawks played well, all over the ground and across 4 quarters.

Us? Not so much.

A focus on positives, McStay is working into things quite nicely.

Beau just doesn't know when to give up, but he should speak to some folks on our game day thread who will teach him all he needs to know about spitting the dummy.

Taylor Adams, again VFL level.
Make a statement and drop him.

The only upside is that the weaknesses are there for all to see. The question is whether we can remedy them.

Lipinski must surely go out after a year he never got going.

Ash Johnson's lack of defensive pressure makes him borderline unselectable from this point on.

I don't personally see what Cameron offers over Cox, and he was poor again today. The whole forward structure was non existent without another big body down there.

But most concerningly, the lack of intensity has been responsible for our recent drop off. That's not something that can be fixed easily.

This will be Fly's biggest test by a long margin.

Last edited:
One of the more disgusting games of footy from our midfield in a long time. Smashed in every stat line.

I know Craig is basically one of thr boys but geez I would be absolutely dirty during the review this week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back