Game Day Round 21 - Hawthorn v Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So to the Pro Scott brigade, who I assume will hide for the next month, care to come on and defend him and the MC now?

TERRIBLE SELECTIONS.

TERRIBLE TACTICS.

End result is season is finished.

But tell me more about his wonderful home and away record.

Honestly, he won 2011 with Bombers list and each season since then our team has gotten softer and softer.

Hopefully he quits, when is his contract up?
He has to go. Enough is enough!

Against a side much better structurely, a game plan that works, can stand up in pressure and are now 3rd after their 3-peat, we’ve done **** all since 2011, bugger all, every finals series was a complete shambles, it starts with Chris Scott.
That’s a separate discussion to what you were pulled up on.

Do we have enough footballers with good skills yes/no?
Do we have enough footballers with composure yes/no?

Usual result.
Get out played for 70% of the game, get it on our terms late to come how hard late then * it up with some shitful decisions or missing sitters for goal when it's close enough to hurt.
Happened last week, happened all through the year.
We chased hard late, we ran to create space late, we worked hard late.
Why the * can't we do it earlier in a ******* game is beyond me.

Angry.... and what's worse is I'm going to have to hear my ************* next door neighbor who is a doleblugging Hawthorn ****.

**** you Geelong.

Use the Poos+Wees good old, usual, losing excuse that this game didn't matter lol

Our defensive pressure in the 2nd and 3rd quarters was s**t. That has nothing to do with talent!
Ok. Cool.
So both our points are accurate then.

I’m of the view that until we fix up our skill problem a lot of our other problems are secondary. That has to be fixed first.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’s a separate discussion to what you were pulled up on.

Do we have enough footballers with good skills yes/no?
Do we have enough footballers with composure yes/no?

No and no, so then ask yourself why is that the case? How can Hawthorn change their list but continue the same style with different players?

No and no, so then ask yourself why is that the case? How can Hawthorn change their list but continue the same style with different players?
They recruit guys with good footskills?

Look at who they play in defence. Sure there’s plodders who hack at it too, but Burton, Sicily, Gunston play behind the ball. All great kicks.

Look at some of our recent mid recruits. Danger, Menegola, Kelly. All butchers.
Who kicks the ball well in defence?

Scott is certainly not infallible but I don’t buy that he’s our Achilles heal, our biggest problem. We have more pressing list issues

I'd rather see GHS in instead of some other players if we're short of players - at least he gives his all and has a crack.

Ok. Cool.
So both our points are accurate then.

I’m of the view that until we fix up our skill problem a lot of our other problems are secondary. That has to be fixed first.
Our skill problem is evident however the easiest things to fix are ones that are effort related. It doesn't require talent. Too many players are picking and choosing and until we fix that up our skill level will remain irrelevant cos we're going nowhere at this rate. That 2nd quarter was as putrid an effort as you'll see. It's like they didn't even give a s**t.

Is it ok if I say...again, we need a coach and not a wordsmith. Wonderful person, so passionate, articulate, recognized as a premiership coach (Sanderson gets nothing for that apparently). And before you launch a counter-attack...Henry had to ruck, I mean...*!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back